PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Ride for DAD

Director
07-21-2008, 11:07 AM
For anyone interested, my write-up for the Motorcycle Ride for DAD, a fundraiser for prostate cancer research and education, is now posted on the SpyderRyder website. Here is a link to the story.

http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-CA/Road.Trips.Details.htm?TripId=f11cb9ba-4bec-4f3e-8175-1527b44912d3

Cheers,

Bruce

bjt
07-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice write up Bruce. I understand we may get to ride (at least part of the way) together to Gatlinburg. I can't hardly wait. If only you were getting your red Spyder before then.... :)

Director
07-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Nice write up Bruce. I understand we may get to ride (at least part of the way) together to Gatlinburg. I can't hardly wait. If only you were getting your red Spyder before then.... :)

Thanks, Brian. I wish that were the case too, but patience is a virtue and all that, so I will have to be content to remain on two wheels for a little while longer. I don't think the reds will be released to the public before Gatlinburg anyway...

Cheers,

Bruce

scottmanesis
07-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I am surprised at how many are dead set on red when it seems a silver can be had and painted much quicker, it cant cost more than 500 bucks to paint the silver parts red. I can't get over how long it is taking BRP to just find a different red paint manufacturer......I will be fine with the Silver when she gets here tic tock.

Director
07-22-2008, 08:40 AM
I am surprised at how many are dead set on red when it seems a silver can be had and painted much quicker, it cant cost more than 500 bucks to paint the silver parts red. I can't get over how long it is taking BRP to just find a different red paint manufacturer......I will be fine with the Silver when she gets here tic tock.

Well, there is a school of thought I happen to subscribe to that maintains there is no paint job better than factory paint, whether you are buying a car, truck, motorcycle, or roadster.
Also, I never intended to buy a first year Spyder. I am holding out for a 2009, hoping BRP will have worked out the first-year bugs that new models of any vehicle will inevitably have (squeaky brakes, a few electrical glitches, etc., etc.):spyder:
Enjoy your silver. You will love it.

Bruce

barb36jack31
07-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Bruce - Congratulations for supporting the research on prostate cancer. I am a 9 year survivor of the disease. I chose the radical surgery as the course of action. Kind of rough, but at that time it was the procedure with the best long term results. Don't really know what the stats are now, but I fully support any efforts to get a hold on this disease.

Director
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Bruce - Congratulations for supporting the research on prostate cancer. I am a 9 year survivor of the disease. I chose the radical surgery as the course of action. Kind of rough, but at that time it was the procedure with the best long term results. Don't really know what the stats are now, but I fully support any efforts to get a hold on this disease.

Thanks, Jack. Good to hear you are doing okay. I know quite a few survivors now. It seems like the greater the awareness, the more likely guys are to get checked, and this leads to early treatment.:thumbup:

Bruce

jeuchler
07-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Jack. Good to hear you are doing okay. I know quite a few survivors now. It seems like the greater the awareness, the more likely guys are to get checked, and this leads to early treatment.:thumbup:

Bruce

Hey, Bruce

Really nice write-up about the Ride for Dad (http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-US/Road.Trips.Details.htm?TripId=f11cb9ba-4bec-4f3e-8175-1527b44912d3)... Congratulations, and thank you for your efforts! :thumbup:

Director
07-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey, Bruce

Really nice write-up about the Ride for Dad (http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-US/Road.Trips.Details.htm?TripId=f11cb9ba-4bec-4f3e-8175-1527b44912d3)... Congratulations, and thank you for your efforts! :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words and support! :yes:

Cheers,

Bruce