PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Seat vs Corbin

Mt-man
12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
My wife came to me today and said I really don't have anything for you for Christmas why don't you get something for the Spyder ! Silly woman , so the question is Ultimate Seat or Cobin . I was thinking Tall boy or Lamonster Cut . Boy do I love my silly wife .

Chupaca
12-12-2013, 11:42 PM
your going to be hated for having a wife like that here..can't help you with seats never tried them do have a comfort seat on our RS and love it. Need to find folks that have them and will let you sit on them to see..good luck....:thumbup:

Canned Ham
12-13-2013, 12:29 AM
I've never sat on a Corbin but I understand they are firm. I had an Ultimate Midrider on a former bike. It was cushy but supportive and I LOVED it. I know it wasn't a Spyder seat, but it was made from the same material. Maybe someone else can tell you more about Corbins. Ride safely, CH

Magdave
12-13-2013, 01:06 AM
I sat on a 2 tone Ultimate Tan sides, White Alligator center on a White RTL. It was very :doorag: being around here we have lotsa Gators. It was a little firmer than stock but not uncomfortable. I just don't like the Spider web style of Corbin myself.

Highwayman2013
12-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Check out one of our site sponsors Motorcycle Dave he does custom seats.http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/daveseats.jpg

Dizneyman
12-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Both seem to make great seats. I personally have a Corbin, and both my wife and I just love it. You will hear people say they are firm, and they are, as well as they take about 500 plus miles for them to break in. Once they do you can ryde for days!!
People will tell you you need to sit on them to decide, but sitting is not like ryding in my opinion. Here in central Florida both manufactures will install them on your bike and you can ride for a few hours and get a better idea.
Tough call...both great, both with great features... Either way I think you will be pleased.

Copperman
12-13-2013, 06:11 AM
I just don't like the Spider web style of Corbin myself.

I don't like it either. I called Corbin and they said you can get traditional stitching on their seats, at no additional charge.

cbredneck
12-13-2013, 06:37 AM
My wife came to me today and said I really don't have anything for you for Christmas why don't you get something for the Spyder ! Silly woman , so the question is Ultimate Seat or Cobin . I was thinking Tall boy or Lamonster Cut . Boy do I love my silly wife .
Just finished 9 weeks and 12k trip around the country had a ultimate seat installed at Delmarva bikefest. Great addition to the bike. Go all day with no hot spots.. Only problem in Calif. with all the plumbing on their gas pumps could not use the gas fill door. Great gift

MouthPiece
12-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Jane Russell or Marilyn Monroe?

Chris

3 Wheel Addict
12-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Are you tall? If so then do not get the Lamonster cut seat from Corbin. We all had this discussion awhile back and Lamont said the Lamonster cut is a "deeper" seat cut, not good if your tall. I'm 6'4" and have a Tallboy from Ultimate and it really is a nice seat! I have tried the Corbin and could not get use to the hardness of the foam, it must be something about the rider location on the spyder because I had a Corbin on my Wing and loved it. I do really like the fuel door Corbin has but I did not get the door from Ultimate because it looks tacky.

Bob Denman
12-13-2013, 09:30 AM

Chris
:agree: It just has to come down to your own personal preferences... :D

Great, Chris :shocked:; now I won't be able to concentrate at work!! :shocked:
Warwick... We'll have to figure out something for this next riding season... :thumbup:

BuddaBelly
12-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Good Morning:
I have a Corbin seat with the Lamonster Cut and the backrest for sale. Excellent condition. $500.00 plus shipping, came off of my 2012 RT. Seat brand new was $1300.00.

Email me at: edkoz@verizon.net if interested.

QUOTE=Mt-man;730459]My wife came to me today and said I really don't have anything for you for Christmas why don't you get something for the Spyder ! Silly woman , so the question is Ultimate Seat or Cobin . I was thinking Tall boy or Lamonster Cut . Boy do I love my silly wife .[/QUOTE]

StillKickin
12-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I've had both and like both. The Corbin is an attractive seat, you sit down in it typically. Might even be able to get it heated? Presently I'm sitting on the Ultimate. I'm a happy camper, with the backrest and a blue spider stitched on the back... sweet. Can't go wrong. Good luck :dontknow:

Mt-man
12-13-2013, 02:14 PM
:agree: It just has to come down to your own personal preferences... :D

Great, Chris :shocked:; now I won't be able to concentrate at work!! :shocked:
Warwick... We'll have to figure out something for this next riding season... :thumbup:

Bob I head up your way a bit have to get together in the spring so I can check out the 2014

ARtraveler
12-13-2013, 02:23 PM
It's unfortunate that you are not able to test drive a :spyder2: with one of each. Could happen if you went to a gathering like Spyderfest--there are a lot of the seats out there.

That said, I have had the Corbin on two of my :ani29:'s and have over 50,000 miles on them. The Corbin remains firm and you either like it or don't. I do not have any experience with the Ultimate brand.

For my upcoming :spyder2:, it is my intention to go with the new improved OEM seat, and if that does not work well--then it will be the comfort seat, which I am happy with on our 2011 RT.

Ultimate Seats
12-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Don't forget that at Ultimate, we offer a 14 day (from delivery) test ride guarantee. Ride as much as you can in 14 days, and if you don't like it at that point, let us know and send it back.

Ride safe~

Cruzr Joe
12-13-2013, 03:28 PM

Chris

Both!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MouthPiece
12-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Both!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now now Joe, That "sweet thang" you have your arm around might have a say in things.

​Chris

Bob Denman
12-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Bob I head up your way a bit have to get together in the spring so I can check out the 2014
That's a plan! :thumbup:

We'll have to get Joe to bring Jane and Marilyn along... :D

JkRbbt
12-13-2013, 06:20 PM
I had a Corbin on my BMW RT. It was better than stock, but it was FIRM. I swapped out for a it softer Rick Meyers seat and was more satisfied. I went with the Ultimate when choosing for my Spyder RT because reports from this forum indicated it was a very good seat but NOT as firm as the Corbin. I am VERY pleased with my Ultimate and customer service was first rate! Hope that helps! Good luck!

3 Wheel Addict
12-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Don't forget that at Ultimate, we offer a 14 day (from delivery) test ride guarantee. Ride as much as you can in 14 days, and if you don't like it at that point, let us know and send it back.

Ride safe~

Ha! That statement is a joke! After you ride on an Ultimate seat your NOT SENDING IT BACK cause you won't want to get off of it!! Love mine.........:thumbup::thumbup:

dangme55
12-13-2013, 10:56 PM
[QUOAdictdict;730828]Ha! That statement is a joke! After you ride on an Ultimate seat your NOT SENDING IT BACK cause you won't want to get off of it!! Love mine.........:thumbup::thumbup:[/QUOTE]
:agree:
I have an ultimate tall boy. 6feet 4 and 260 very good seat better than my victory vision which has one of the best stock seats around.
I ordered it with the black fuel door which blends nicely with the seat and the yellow/black of my RTS.

wife likes it too. no experience with Corbin.

don't think you can go wrong - both great manufacturers.

Dan McNally
12-13-2013, 11:08 PM

I've never even met your wife . . . but after hearing this, I think I love her, too! :thumbup:

Sweet-E
12-14-2013, 08:23 AM
:clap:Aren't wifes great!!:clap::clap:

Sarge707
12-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I have an Ultimate on My GS/RS and Now I ride it more than the RT because you sit down in it and the Hump support is super!!