PDA

View Full Version : BRP Rating System Validity

MikeT
12-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Sorting a few things out while winter is in full swing. My home state only has Gold dealers. The considered best of these is more than 2 hours away from my home. There's a Platinum dealer accross the state line, and at a slightly less time comsuming ride. My quandry is that some say these rankings are based more on the dealerships investment in BRP inventory.
Do any of the seasoned Spyder experts have the true story behind the rankings, customer based or inventory based???
Thanks,
Mike

Papa
12-12-2013, 09:17 PM
From what I've been told it involves units sold, customer service surveys, keeping customer records updated in their system and various other factors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

donec
12-12-2013, 11:00 PM
How do you find out what a dealers rating is?

Chupaca
12-12-2013, 11:20 PM
they would display their ranking...and it should be based overall. Seeing as I have never gotten a survey request it may be hard to tell..I now do all my own work so I have not paid attention only hear from others... :thumbup:

ulflyer
12-13-2013, 07:19 AM
From what I've been told it involves units sold, customer service surveys, keeping customer records updated in their system and various other factors.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

All of the above and also the level of training of the mechanics.
I think also that the level plays some part in who gets the new ones first.

Bob Denman
12-13-2013, 08:36 AM
:agree: It'll have to come down to you checking them out; in person!
"Road Trip!!" :yes::yes:
Nosing about a bit in the shop might let you see what training courses they've had their technicians attend. Don't be afraid to ask... :2thumbs:

Magdave
12-13-2013, 09:25 AM
How do you find out what a dealers rating is?

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/dealer-locator.html

enter the zip code of the dealer

bruiser
12-13-2013, 11:16 AM
The dealer closest to me has a gold rating. They're 10 minutes away. When I need a dealer I travel 2 hours one way to the platinum rated dealer. Not because of their rating, it's because of their service.

billybovine
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
From my own personal experience. Platinum dealer gives absolutely 100% of the time horrible after sales service. Unrated dealer gives great after sale service. I have never dealt with a Gold rated dealer so maybe they only suck a little bit.

ARtraveler
12-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Never checked out that link before. There are three dealers in my area, one in Anchorage and the other two owned by the same family. Two are listed as gold and one platinum. The family owned dealer in my town is a gold one, and the other family dealer is platinum. I have always dealt with the gold because it is within 5 miles of my location, and they have mostly done well with after the sale servicing.

The owner told me that rating is based on sales, servicing technician experience, inventory of spyder and parts. The gold dealer near me claims to be the dealership that sells the most ski doo products in the US.

cuznjohn
12-13-2013, 06:08 PM
my dealer has no rating so i guess that answers a ton of questions

3 Wheel Addict
12-13-2013, 06:56 PM
From my own personal experience. Platinum dealer gives absolutely 100% of the time horrible after sales service. Unrated dealer gives great after sale service. I have never dealt with a Gold rated dealer so maybe they only suck a little bit.

There is a lot of truth in this statement!!