PDA

View Full Version : ryding to work

truck 85
12-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Still ryding to work the temp was 27 yesterday and 31 today when I left the house hope it warms up a little

Chupaca
12-11-2013, 03:05 AM
die hard...with the right gear it's nit bad at all. Hope it warms up a bit for you..!! :pray:

Riot
12-11-2013, 07:31 AM
yup, works only a 4 mile trip for me, yesterday was the 1st time this season I had to clear the light dusting of snow off the bike b4 starting it up, looks like the rest of the week gonna warm up. when it gets too icy ill switch to the cage.

Neez
12-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Still ryding in BC, too. Life in the Pacific North West is OK if you can stand a little bit of rain.

jerpinoy
12-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Enjoy and have a safe ride. Just watch those black ice.

ARtraveler
12-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Ryde safely and enjoy. Mine used to be a 40 mile round trip commute. Like others said, dress proper, and watch out for black ice this time of year.

HuckFin
12-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I would still like to ride this time of year (snow/rain excluded) but they pour so much chemical on the the road up here it takes to much time to clean up the spyder when I get home. I hate even driving our cars in it.

Showie
12-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Still ryding to work the temp was 27 yesterday and 31 today when I left the house hope it warms up a little Where are you? To damn cold on this side of the state. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

bcoulter19
12-11-2013, 04:10 PM
I live in Alabama and it was 20 and foggy here this morning. no way I was riding.

Spyder Tony
12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
It is unseasonably cold here in California (30-32 degrees) in the evenings through the morning, but I too am still ryding!
As stated by another poster, if you have the right gear, it's not too bad. I do have to admit though, that my SUV is starting to look more appealing these mornings...

mcaccamise
12-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Dam evin if i had a job to go to thats to cold for me, Here its in the 50s & 60s in the mornings and upper 80s in the afternoon just right for a nice ride be safe and dress warm.
Mike

PatGund
12-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Went to work on my RT half the time last week. Cold weather gear IS your friend. Only real problem I had is my visor fogging up. (Been using an anti-fog spray I get at REI called "CatCrap", with mixed results)

Also took my daughter on a long ride last sunday when the temperature never got above 30. It was fun, but she promptly took a nap when we got home. :)

Shel_TK
12-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Went to work on my RT half the time last week. Cold weather gear IS your friend. Only real problem I had is my visor fogging up. (Been using an anti-fog spray I get at REI called "CatCrap", with mixed results)

Also took my daughter on a long ride last sunday when the temperature never got above 30. It was fun, but she promptly took a nap when we got home. :)

Get a pinlock visor for your helmet and add an insert to it - that'll at least keep your main field of vision clear in all but the worst weather.

TokenTwoWheeler
12-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Get a pinlock visor for your helmet and add an insert to it - that'll at least keep your main field of vision clear in all but the worst weather.

Until the seal breaks on the pinlock, and ice forms between the pinlock and the visor.

truck 85
12-18-2013, 01:40 AM

I use joy soap cheaper and makes your helmet smell lemony fresh

Pirate looks at --
12-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Rode into work this morning temp in the high 30s. I wore my new First Gear Thermo Suit and was about as comfortable as I could be, I am quite sure I can go down to much lower temps. Actually wore the suit over a Suit and tie. Very cozy and the suit didn't wrinkle. :yes:

Spyder Tony
12-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Actually wore the suit over a Suit and tie. Very cozy and the suit didn't wrinkle. :yes:

Hey!!!...I thought I was the only Spyder Ryder riding to work in a suit & tie. And we live in the same neck of the woods to boot???
Gonna have to put a hit out on you...leave the RT to your lovely lady :-)

Pirate looks at --
12-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey!!!...I thought I was the only Spyder Ryder riding to work in a suit & tie. And we live in the same neck of the woods to boot???
Gonna have to put a hit out on you...leave the RT to your lovely lady :-)

Hey I would rather wear shorts and a T-shirt, and I bet I would be just as warm. Love using the car pool lane.

Motorcycledave
12-18-2013, 11:39 AM
when I was young and had a new bike I did that kind of stuff
but not now, we even put chains on the rear wheel and
tried to go to Lake Tahoe when it was snowing over
Donner Pass... Stupid Huh...
Dave

Still ryding to work the temp was 27 yesterday and 31 today when I left the house hope it warms up a little

ChasingWind
12-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Car pool lane rocks - also free parking at airport too still out riding too - w gerbing coat liner and gloves - toasty warm -- get a Nolan helmet with dual pain visor - does not fog - very comfortable helmet