PDA

View Full Version : Kickstand / Bikestand?

Dat Guy
12-10-2013, 09:25 PM
So I really like my new Spyder. The only thing I can't figure out is where the kickstand is. I understand the parking brake and that's a great idea, but I just can't figure out how to get the bikestand to come down like on the BMW bikes. When I press the brake really hard the floorboard flops down but that's all. I think mine is broken? Anyway, hopefully if you read all this you didn't take it too seriously and it gave you a good laugh. I got the idea to post this when earlier today someone asked me, "Where's the kickstand on it?", and I had a good laugh myself!

jerpinoy
12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
That would be a MOD to add a kickstand:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Big Arm
12-10-2013, 10:05 PM
This is from ataDude's album, posted several yrs. ago

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17084&d=1246916600 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=19&attachmentid=16875)

Bob Denman
12-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Question :shocked:: Do you need a second kickstand to support the other side of the bike? :dontknow: :D

Cruzr Joe
12-11-2013, 09:27 AM
One afternoon on a ride a fellow rider had a really nice Harley 3-wheeler in our riding group and he actualy had a kickstand mounted on his Harley because a club he belonged to had a rule (supposedly to keep trikes out) that if your ride did not have a kickstand you could not join. Creative thinking is cool.

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
12-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Question :shocked:: Do you need a second kickstand to support the other side of the bike? :dontknow: :D

Only on a subserviently accelerated downward twisting curvature of a road.

Cruzr Joe

ezduzit
12-11-2013, 09:31 AM
UH !!!OH!!! another recall!!!!:banghead:

Mets79ST2013
12-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Found it I think this is what we need,:yes:

http://yubabikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/kickstand1.jpg

Spyder Tony
12-11-2013, 12:23 PM
One afternoon on a ride a fellow rider had a really nice Harley 3-wheeler in our riding group and he actualy had a kickstand mounted on his Harley because a club he belonged to had a rule (supposedly to keep trikes out) that if your ride did not have a kickstand you could not join. Creative thinking is cool.

Cruzr Joe

Personally, I would not want to belong to such a club that has elitist rules as this. I ride with Harleys and Spyders, and recently a Harley buddy of mine took the time to give his club a lesson on ryding in concert with Harleys (and other 2-wheelers) and Spyders in a group. Many Harley owners simply didn't know how to ryde staggered with Spyders...so often want to stick them in the back of the pack. I ryde in the back of NO pack, so this tutorial was not only needed but appreciated by all (2 wheel & 3 wheel alike). He rydes a Harley & his wife a '10 RT, so he was quite qualified to speak on the subject of 2 wheel/3 wheel integration.

Chupaca
12-11-2013, 12:45 PM
not a sidestand but having a center stand would be nice for those tire/belt related issues. But one does get asked even when the riadster is standing fine in front of them....:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Only on a subserviently accelerated downward twisting curvature of a road.

Cruzr Joe
Aha! I knew that you'd have the correct answer safely tucked into your thesaurus! :2thumbs: :clap:

ARtraveler
12-11-2013, 02:24 PM

I think you are on to something here. :yes::yes: