PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dynamics 4.5" Risers

Dkerr
12-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Has Anyone out there installed the 4.5" Easy Risers by Custom Dynamics? I can't see how they can possibly have enough slack in the electrical cables.... Am I missing something, or should I send them back for a refund? The clutch cable and throttle cables seem to be long enough but not the harnesses for the controls, including the reverse cable, on my 2009 GS SM5...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

donec
12-09-2013, 10:00 PM
AFAIK you have to cut some tie wraps to get enough length.

NancysToy
12-09-2013, 11:00 PM
There are several ties as the cables run down the steering and to the engine. Some cables may even have to be rerouted.

tobor9
12-10-2013, 12:48 AM
You have to cut the cable ties and pull up the cables to get enough slack, but it is there. I installed them and they work great!

warp10
12-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Yep, cut ties and see about rerouting the cables ( over or under a big frame piece in the front ) I installed a 7" riser on my old 2008 GS and it fit. supposed to be a ty-wrap in the front on the frame that will get you some slack. move the cables and feel where they are being held by a ty-wrap.

Motorcycledave
12-10-2013, 07:04 PM
You will have no trouble I have the Heli Bar risers on top of the BRP 1in. riser
and had no trouble just cut and reposition the tie straps...
Ride on and Ride safe
Dave
:ohyea:

Has Anyone out there installed the 4.5" Easy Risers by Custom Dynamics? I can't see how they can possibly have enough slack in the electrical cables.... Am I missing something, or should I send them back for a refund? The clutch cable and throttle cables seem to be long enough but not the harnesses for the controls, including the reverse cable, on my 2009 GS SM5...

SpyderRx
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Agreed. I have 4 inch riser plus BRP 1 inch riser and have no problems

bscrive
12-10-2013, 09:19 PM
You have to make sure that you do not have the BRP 1" riser installed or else the 4.5" riser WILL NOT WORK. I bought one and tried every which way to install it on my wife's GS and then I found out that she had the 1" riser on the bike already. I mocked them up to see if she would like them and she didn't so I sold them and made my own 2" riser on top of the BRP 1" riser.

Motorcycledave
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Again I have the 4 & 1/2 in. Heli Bar risers
on top of the 1 in BRP riser total 5 & 1/2 in
There is plenty of cable and wires for it.
Check the pictures here of mine.
I love it
Dave

You have to make sure that you do not have the BRP 1" riser installed or else the 4.5" riser WILL NOT WORK. I bought one and tried every which way to install it on my wife's GS and then I found out that she had the 1" riser on the bike already. I mocked them up to see if she would like them and she didn't so I sold them and made my own 2" riser on top of the BRP 1" riser.

Dkerr
12-21-2013, 03:07 AM
OK... I discovered that I have the factory 1" riser, and I could not make the risers work, due to the electrical harness. I bought the Custom Dynamics 3" risers, and they were a piece of cake to install. I love them, gives me a much more comfortable riding position.
I now have a set of Custom Dynamics 4.5" risers for sale if anyone's interested? I would let them go for $125... You can call me at 760-887-6010.