PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my grip heaters!

finless
12-07-2013, 07:13 PM
The last few days have had some pretty cold mornings here is So Cal. In the 40's early in the AM.
I know.... that's not cold to most but it is for me and I don't have a set of thick winter gloves (don't need them here).

I have not needed to use my grip heaters since I got my Spyder this last June. Used them the last couple days and MAN they work good! I even have the Original Grip Buddies on mine and it works with them no problem.

Anyway just wanted to say they really work well and I am loving them!

Bob

SpyderAnn01
12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I wish that the grip heaters worked on the demo bike I road. It was raining and chilly and my gloves were in my bike

Jeriatric
12-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Used mine off and on last night returnig from LB(grip buddies too). @ midnight the spyder was reading 48 under the tupperware.

Dan McNally
12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Used mine for the first time, three weeks ago . . . I was on my way to meet a group of Spyders for a day long ryde. I was about 15 minutes from home, my hands were getting really cold and I was afraid I was going to have to call it quits and go home :shocked:. . . when I recalled I had grip heaters! :yes: I turned them on high, and inside of a minutes set them to low. They kept my hands nice and warn, through the summer gloves I wore that day (by mistake!) Love them! :ohyea:

DrewNJ
12-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Heated grips was the very first mod I did on my RS. Wouldn't be without them!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

SNOOPY
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Is is it an easy mod?

DrewNJ
12-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Is is it an easy mod?

Pretty easy, just takes some time to make the install neat and clean. Basic wiring.
I used polly heaters. They install inside the bars so they take a little bit more work to run the wires inside the bars.

I've also used the grip heaters that install under the grips as well as replacement grips with built in heaters. All work really good at keeping your hands more comfortable on colder days.

SNOOPY
12-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Pretty easy, just takes some time to make the install neat and clean. Basic wiring.
I used polly heaters. They install inside the bars so they take a little bit more work to run the wires inside the bars.

I've also used the grip heaters that install under the grips as well as replacement grips with built in heaters. All work really good at keeping your hands more comfortable on colder days.

Didn't realize there were that many different types. I take it the factory ones would bolt in the easiest. Since you've had a few types, which do you think are the best?

nhoj
12-08-2013, 09:03 AM

Yup me too. I added the BRP grip heaters 1st thing on the ST-S. Not a difficult install, just takes time.

DrewNJ
12-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Didn't realize there were that many different types. I take it the factory ones would bolt in the easiest. Since you've had a few types, which do you think are the best?

Don't know about the factory ones...
Easiest ones I've done are the replacement heated grips, but you can still see some of the wiring after installed...just a bit right at the grip. The ones I like the best are the ones I have now with the heater inside the bars. Once installed in the bars the wiring is totally hidden.

SNOOPY
12-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Don't know about the factory ones...
Easiest ones I've done are the replacement heated grips, but you can still see some of the wiring after installed...just a bit right at the grip. The ones I like the best are the ones I have now with the heater inside the bars. Once installed in the bars the wiring is totally hidden.

Do you know the brand/manufacturer?

r1100rider
12-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Do you know the brand/manufacturer?
This is a easy mod look on Dennis Kirk or other sites get the thin printed circuit looking ones about $45 dollars with these you can use any grips over the top this mod is so easy I didnt stop with just the spyders I did my dirt bike and quads to even the one with no battery you can even reuse your stock grips if you are careful getting them off

DrewNJ
12-08-2013, 12:57 PM
The throttle side you will have to grind down the plastic ribs once you get the grip off if you use the heater pads or replacement grips. Also a good time to upgrade grips.
Google heated grips. There are a ton of "how to" write ups on the web.