PDA

View Full Version : ordered spyder,need to pick exhaust,,what do you think?

hondaman
07-20-2008, 09:07 AM
ordered spyder,sm5 .I have a date if oct.15.I hope it will come much sooner.Guess I can order a exhaust while I wait.I own a can-am outlander 650 and put a hmf exhaust on it and love the sound.Would like close to the same sound.What has a good deep sound?and how much sooner have you gotten yours than the date you were given?This is my 3rd brp product,gota love them........

gregc
07-20-2008, 09:18 AM
I installed the micron package from No Magic Neon yesterday. I love the tone and looks. Installaton was a breeze. Better hurry if you want a Micron, they just shut down their business. Magic has some left if you are interested. Great people to do business with. Greg Nashua NH

kwizatz-haderah
07-20-2008, 10:16 AM
I love my Hindle. I think the Hindle sounds great and also looks the best on the bike.

jeuchler
07-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I installed the micron package from No Magic Neon yesterday. I love the tone and looks. Installaton was a breeze. Better hurry if you want a Micron, they just shut down their business. Magic has some left if you are interested. Great people to do business with. Greg Nashua NH

2000 miles after installing. still my vote. :agree:

beerman
07-20-2008, 01:57 PM
call no magic before the last microns are gone, you'll be sad if you don't. That is what I installed last week after considering the hindle. After all my research I was sold on the micron and have never been so happy. Easy install.(10mins)beerman

sleepman
07-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I'd have to agree on the Micron, installed mine on Friday afternoon. Absolutely love the sound and as if the Spyder didn't get enough attention now I have to answer exhaust questions also. :clap::2thumbs:

bjt
07-20-2008, 03:51 PM
This is my 3rd brp product,gota love them........

Welcome to SpyderLovers hondaman. With three BRP products including a Spyder, maybe your handle should be BRPman. :D :joke:

Both my wife and I have Hindles and we love them. You can't go wrong with a Micron either. If you miss out on those, I'm sure Magic Man will have a suitable replacement for Microns soon. I understand he is setup or is setting up to sell Yoshi pipes now too so those might not be too bad either. Here's the thread (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6000)

baxter2215
07-20-2008, 04:03 PM
we put a hindle on my wife's spyder a few days ago and love it. runs a little cooler on temp gauge, added a little more pep to the motor, and looks really well with the silver and black spyder. got ours online @ powersports360.com for 509.99 + shipping

Dyno824
07-22-2008, 09:47 AM
I have a Micron Carbon fiber with a 90 degree ceramic coated pipe and love it ,sounds great and you can tell you have a v-twin under the hood.Bought at motosplus .com

hondaman
07-27-2008, 11:58 AM
went with the micron from no magic neon.looks like ill get it way before the spyder.cant wait,no one has one here yet.......:banghead:

docdoru
07-27-2008, 12:24 PM
we put a hindle on my wife's spyder a few days ago and love it. runs a little cooler on temp gauge, added a little more pep to the motor, and looks really well with the silver and black spyder. got ours online @ powersports360.com for 509.99 + shipping

:agree: the best look on the silver, more power, no burns like the OEM or other pipes and engine runs cooler (4,600 miles in Fl).

Zerocool
07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Hindle on mine.

Last weekend on a group ride, two of the guys told me the pipe makes the Spyder sound like a Nascar, very cool!

Smylinacha
07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm still waiting for something louder and different to come out. None are loud and deep enough for me - guess I still have Harley running in my blood.

scottmanesis
07-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I hear that smylinachya! My fatboy has Calibre pipes made by Sampson, they are 4 step header pipes that look alot like V&H long shots but they are deeper and provide more backpressure equalling more power. I wonder why so far it seems most are headed toward a sportbike type of pipe when on a V twin it would sound better using Harley type of pipes? I am waiting to see some "canless" drag style pipes.

Director
07-28-2008, 09:18 AM
I hear that smylinachya! My fatboy has Calibre pipes made by Sampson, they are 4 step header pipes that look alot like V&H long shots but they are deeper and provide more backpressure equalling more power. I wonder why so far it seems most are headed toward a sportbike type of pipe when on a V twin it would sound better using Harley type of pipes? I am waiting to see some "canless" drag style pipes.

Have you guys checked out the new thread submitted by another forum member entitled "another MBRP exhaust"? This is a new product and it looks and sounds awesome on the Spyder.

http://www.mbrp.com/index.php?page=productssb&make=Can-Am&model=Spyder&year=2008

Bruce

Mad Matt
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm still waiting for something louder and different to come out. None are loud and deep enough for me - guess I still have Harley running in my blood.

This one is loud and different. This pipe makes the Spyder sound like a formula one Ferrari! Check out the sound clips. If you dont want the Spyder web heat shield, we will be making a more generic but Spyder themed heat shield for this pipe as well as the Spyder Web Heat shield.

http://kewlmetal.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30&ctl=CatalogItemDetails&mid=369&CatalogItemID=389&MasterCategoryID=1&SubCategoryID=20&pagenumber=0

Mad Matt

ptoemmes
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Any plans for duals - on opposing sides?