PDA

View Full Version : exhaust gasket

slather1
07-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Got my Micron today from MM. Where can I get a new gasket and what size is needed?

dicko
07-20-2008, 04:16 AM
Not sure exactly what sort of gasket you need. e.g. The Hindle doesn't actually need a gasket but it does need some gasket goo/sealant to make a good seal. I've used the sealant on the Hindle for the Spyder and on any other bike whenever I've changed mufflers. It's available in a tube at any auto-accessories shop.

Note: The original muffler has a gasket. It's recommended in the Hindle instructions that if you put the original back on you'll need a new gasket. As I didn't do any damage, I cannot see why. I'll just use the sealant if I ever need to re-fit.

bjt
07-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Got my Micron today from MM. Where can I get a new gasket and what size is needed?

Most people are reusing the stock gasket when they put on the NMN 90. With care, you might be able to get the stock gasket out of the stock pipe. dltang and I went to the Hindle exhaust so we didn't need the gaskets. However, when I removed the two exhausts, her gasket was stuck in the stock pipe pretty good and I would have had to work pretty hard to salvage it for reuse. Mine actually had the gasket practically fall out of the stock exhaust once I got it off the Spyder, no problem salvaging that one. If you cannot remove your stock gasket from the stock exhaust or you damage it while removing it, contact Magic Man. I believe he has replacements.

Magic Man
07-20-2008, 07:11 AM

We have these in stock if your local dealer does not.

MM