PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure and volt meter

jcthorne
12-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I am thinking I would like to replace the factory fuel level and temp gauges with oil pressure and volt meter, letting the factory electronic gauges in the LCD handle fuel and temp.

Would like gauges with 270deg sweep and water tight front bezels so they will not cloud up if rained on. Would prefer red needle, black face and white numbers with back lighting similar to the factory tach and speedo. Electronic oil pressure would be preferred to mechanical.

What are others using and any suggestions for high quality units that fit these desires? Where is the best place to install the oil pressure sending unit?

paulbrinker
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I too have been thinking of doing the same. The gauges I found, and liked, are boat gauges. I found some a The Bass Pro Shop parts counter. They are water proof and back lit for night riding. I think they will work. I just need to find the right ascending unit for the oil pressure gauge.

Biosafena
12-04-2013, 05:37 PM
This might be of some help.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?47823-Stupid-Oil-Pressure-Question&p=560279#post560279

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....

bluestratos
12-04-2013, 06:45 PM
That thread related to oil pressure gauge but I did find a solution, kinda thought I had see this before. They sell an aluminum piece that splices into the return line to the rad that has the threaded portion needed for the sender. I need to find out what the inside diameter of the rad hose is in order to order one. Any one help with this part?

Thanks

bluestratos
12-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Wow, this should be so hard. I have spent hours trying to find the hose size for the radiator (diameter). I am guess I will have to try some other spyder forums, maybe some there has the size.