PDA

View Full Version : SE Owners Please Sign In!

IdleUp
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I have an opportunity to get my hands on a SE model that came into a dealer and what I thought I would do is retire my Goldwing for travel and deck out a SE model with Corbin seats - bags, add a speed control and use it for over the road.

The main reason is if I had the auto, the wife could drive a few hours and knock the edge off those 4-6 hour spells.

Curious to know how you guys like the SE and good or bad habits etc.

Thanks in advance!

dbnc
07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Just got back from picking up my SM5 and got a chance to ride a SE5 and it was awesome.. Glad I got the SM5 but the SE is a smooth ride.. Much nicer and alot easier to ride.. I just enoy the feeling of shifting gears but could get used to the SE if I had too..

No regrets on my SM5 rode home 60 miles in a poring rain and it felt awesome.. Only bad news was having to clean it already with less than 75 miles.. Had the dealer install the 2 brothers and it is awesome IMHO...

:2thumbs: :yes::yes::yes:

Smylinacha
07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Only bad news was having to clean it already with less than 75 miles..
:2thumbs: :yes::yes::yes:

Well it's a heck of alot better than trying to clean a Harley - all that chrome - I DON'T MISS IT!:clap::doorag:

bjt
07-19-2008, 07:48 PM
dbnc, I thought that was your brother's SM5 that you picked up today? :dontknow::hun: Regardless of whose it is, glad you enjoyed the first ride. :thumbup:

pphantom538
07-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought BRP hasn't delivered the first SE5s yet. Hopefully they are now because I'm in line for one.

dbnc
07-20-2008, 12:23 AM
dbnc, I thought that was your brother's SM5 that you picked up today? :dontknow::hun: Regardless of whose it is, glad you enjoyed the first ride. :thumbup:

It is his but he wanted me to ride it home since I was more familiar with the bike and it was raining.. Let me tell you I was at 70 in a pretty stiff rain and it felt like it was on rails..

The bike has 200 miles now and I've logged about 180 which with me riding it to work all next week he will need his 600 by next Sat...

He put the two brothers on and I am happy because it is too loud for my neighborhood longterm..

Overall 1st semi-ownership review is an A++...

:yes::yes::yes: :b2b: :2excited: :firstplace:

sleepman
07-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Be careful with the sense of security that the Spyder gives you in the rain. I hydroplaned mine at 70 mph and that's a pretty scary ride. :yikes: