PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment System

Vidman
11-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Many are upset with the HD Infotainment on the 2014 TriGlide. I am a big user of Garmin GPS and do not like the integrated radio systems in ANY vehicle.

With this in mind I have a few questions for the RT System. I realize the 2014 is not available at this time but is the system the same as the 2012/13?

If so can anyone speak from experience concerning: What are the capabilities thru wired headset? (CB (if installed), 660, Radio, iPhone integration (music and phone), intercom with passenger? Also, will this all work with the Bluetooth Dongle from Sena installed? )

Help a newbie out please. Thanks.

stevedfive
11-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Wired system:
CB, Intercom, AM/FM Radio, XM Radio, Zumo GPS, Cell phone integration (components sold separately) I have a 2010 RT with the complete wired system. I have an iPhone 5S but don't use it for music.

Wireless system:
Intercom, AM/FM Radio, XM Radio, Zumo GPS, Cell phone integration (components sold separately) There is no CB option with the Bluetooth setup.

R30SHIRE
11-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Many are upset with the HD Infotainment on the 2014 TriGlide. I am a big user of Garmin GPS and do not like the integrated radio systems in ANY vehicle.

With this in mind I have a few questions for the RT System. I realize the 2014 is not available at this time but is the system the same as the 2012/13?

If so can anyone speak from experience concerning: What are the capabilities thru wired headset? (CB (if installed), 660, Radio, iPhone integration (music and phone), intercom with passenger? Also, will this all work with the Bluetooth Dongle from Sena installed? )

Help a newbie out please. Thanks.

I have a new 2014 Ultra Limited HD and I'm having no issues. My Rt entertainment system on my 2012 is no better or no worse than the HD.

Vidman
11-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks Steve. That answers all my questions. I am aware that a portable after market CB would work with the Sena Bluetooth system but not the BRP CB.

R30..I am glad your Infotainment is working for you. My only complaint is the GPS design. Thanks for the info.

3 Wheel Addict
11-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I really like the entertainment system on my 02 Goldwing better than my new RT. The Goldwing system was very user friendly unlike the RT which is very "Ipod" friendly!!