PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Spyder Rider Needed

bikerdad
11-28-2013, 04:23 PM
I am looking for someone that has been riding the Can Am Spyder for some time to ride my reverse trike conversion. This is to evaluate my conversion and compare it to the Spyder. I have only about 10 minutes riding time on the Spyder and that just does not give me enough riding time to do the evaluation.

I am looking for someone in the Lincolnton, NC or surounding area that has the time to do this.
If anyone is interested, you can email me at joxford@charter.net

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day!

scooterexpress
11-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Nice conversion what kind of cash did it cost todo that? I betalot of goldwingers might like it but I still love my spyder.

SNOOPY
11-28-2013, 05:20 PM
That looks good :thumbup:

Does it run hot? :roflblack:

J/K

Chupaca
11-28-2013, 05:37 PM
very good looking wing...would love to try it out for you but too far away. How does it compare in size to a roadster..?? Would like to hear your results when they're in...:thumbup:

Wiredux
11-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Your 6 hours away from me or I would.

ulflyer
11-28-2013, 06:20 PM
You should get plenty of replys from those in the Charlotte area. If it wasn't so cold I'd love to test ride it with you and you could ride my RT. If you don't get a response let me know and maybe the wx will ease up soon.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-28-2013, 06:33 PM
I am looking for someone that has been riding the Can Am Spyder for some time to ride my reverse trike conversion. This is to evaluate my conversion and compare it to the Spyder. I have only about 10 minutes riding time on the Spyder and that just does not give me enough riding time to do the evaluation.

I am looking for someone in the Lincolnton, NC or surounding area that has the time to do this.

80116 Quite a few years back ( 8+ ) Hannigan Motorsports in Kentucky did something like this and a Quad also ( Pics have been posted here on Spyderlovers ) . Does yours have anything to do Hannigan ? ? ?.....................Mike :thumbup:....................................PS i think it looks Great :yes: :yes: :yes:

bikerdad
11-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks all for the replies. To answer some of the questions about the trike. I think the Spyder is a really cool ride. I love the reverse trike concept but I just wanted a larger engine so I used the Goldwing for my platform. I made the the conversion based off the Spyder. I have seen the Hannigan trike and I am not involved in that company in any way. This is something I did on my own. I have put over 3000 miles on the trike since I finished it. Everything seems to work fine. No heating issues at all. I have never owned a trike before so it did have a different feel than the two wheel bike. I just want someone that has had time on the Spyder to ride my trike to make sure it feels normal. I did a test ride on a Spyder but it was low speed in front of the dealer on a small dead end street for about 10 minutes. Not really enough time to get a feel for it.

uiflyer..... If I can not find someone local, I may get back to you. Maybe find a warmer day ride it to your location. Thanks again everyone!

rick_w
11-28-2013, 07:41 PM

Great Job. Now that is cool.

SpyderAnn01
11-28-2013, 08:52 PM
That is really nice looking. I'm a little far away or I'd be happy to test drive your machine.

ulflyer
11-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks all for the replies. To answer some of the questions about the trike. I think the Spyder is a really cool ride. I love the reverse trike concept but I just wanted a larger engine so I used the Goldwing for my platform. I made the the conversion based off the Spyder. I have seen the Hannigan trike and I am not involved in that company in any way. This is something I did on my own. I have put over 3000 miles on the trike since I finished it. Everything seems to work fine. No heating issues at all. I have never owned a trike before so it did have a different feel than the two wheel bike. I just want someone that has had time on the Spyder to ride my trike to make sure it feels normal. I did a test ride on a Spyder but it was low speed in front of the dealer on a small dead end street for about 10 minutes. Not really enough time to get a feel for it.

uiflyer..... If I can not find someone local, I may get back to you. Maybe find a warmer day ride it to your location. Thanks again everyone!

Sounds good. we could meet midway; maybe China Grove area where theres some good open roads or some place near Mooresville ...open roads in that area also. If you are up to it, I know Salisbury area very well and some roads with a good mix of open/hills/curves, if that wouldn't be too far for you to come. I'm retired so any day will work if I can be of help.

Bob Denman
11-28-2013, 09:11 PM
That is a VERY exciting design! :clap:
Good Luck with this project; please let us know what happens when you find a test pilot... :2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Personally I thought the Hannigan Trike left a lot to be desired in the looks dept. in the front.....same goes for the one that is currantly being marketed in Europe using both the Goldwing and Harley frames and engines ...............Yours on the other hand I think is a work of Art.......I really wish I were closer......Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I am going to Fla ( on 12-3 ) to pick up a car I bought and drive it north to Vermont, so I could easily stop by test it if you like..By way of experience I have two Spyders...and 5 yrs riding time ....I have also built two Cobra's ( from Factory Five ) .......PM me if you think this would work for you........Mike :thumbup:...:2excited:

Bob Denman
11-28-2013, 10:14 PM
(Mike, I hope that you ccan make this happen! :thumbup:)

SpyderAnn01
11-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Personally I thought the Hannigan Trike left a lot to be desired in the looks dept. in the front.....same goes for the one that is currantly being marketed in Europe using both the Goldwing and Harley frames and engines ...............Yours on the other hand I think is a work of Art.......I really wish I were closer......Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I am going to Fla ( on 12-3 ) to pick up a car I bought and drive it north to Vermont, so I could easily stop by test it if you like..By way of experience I have two Spyders...and 5 yrs riding time ....I have also built two Cobra's ( from Factory Five ) .......PM me if you think this would work for you........Mike :thumbup:...:2excited:

I think that the European Honda reverse trike has the same kind of look as the Spyder but you are right about this one here it is really nice looking. I had inquired about the European one a few months ago and they weren't marketing them in the US but I got an email this week from a guy in Northport, FL who is going to do the conversions for $15,000.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-29-2013, 01:59 AM
(Mike, I hope that you ccan make this happen! :thumbup:)

Bob have you ever seen a 1934 Mercedes Benz 500K sports roadster ?

Bob Denman
11-29-2013, 09:35 AM
:yikes: On Barrett-Jackson; a bunch of years' back... :bowdown:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-29-2013, 10:26 AM
:yikes: On Barrett-Jackson; a bunch of years' back... :bowdown:

:roflblack: Bob, B-J is out of my league. However this one is a very close re-production........Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-29-2013, 10:36 AM
They are a GORGEOUS vehicle!! 80130 :2thumbs:

bscrive
11-29-2013, 10:56 AM

That is one awesome looking wing. I love how you did the front end shaping. The looks are 10x better than the European design. Honda would do well to buy your design and sell them. The only thing that would probably kill them is the cost to produce it though. Well done. :thumbup::thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-29-2013, 11:28 AM
They are a GORGEOUS vehicle!! 80130 :2thumbs: Wow Bob you know your cars, a lot of people confuse the 500 k with the 3/4 version which was 3 ft. shorter. That was know as the " Marlene" named after the movie star Marlena Deitrich who got Mercedes Benz to build a downsized 500K especially for her. Maybe I'll tow my Spyder to SPYDERQUEST 2014 with it next year.....:2excited: :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbup:......Mike

EnjoyingTheRyde
11-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow! Do you have any build photos?

Bob Denman
11-29-2013, 12:47 PM
That is one awesome looking wing. I love how you did the front end shaping. The looks are 10x better than the European design. Honda would do well to buy your design and sell them. Well done. :thumbup::thumbup:
:agree: :2thumbs: Honda should be informed about the interest in your excellent build!

Wow Bob you know your cars, a lot of people confuse the 500 k with the 3/4 version which was 3 ft. shorter. That was know as the " Marlene" named after the movie star Marlena Deitrich who got Mercedes Benz to build a downsized 500K especially for her. Maybe I'll tow my Spyder to SPYDERQUEST 2014 with it next year.....:2excited: :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbup:......Mike
The Missus and I watch the Scottsdale auction with a pen and paper in hand... nojoke

Wow! Do you have any build photos?
:agree: We need some more pics of this beauty! :thumbup:

Oldmanzues
11-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Looks good. I would want some side lights for safety thou. Might be needed for DOT rules. Interested in results. Wonder what GWRRA would say this ??
Took years acknowledge regular trikes.
Oldmanzues

cuznjohn
11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
I LIKE IT

coz
11-29-2013, 04:37 PM
outstanding job bikerdad:clap::clap::clap::thumbup:. can you post more pics?

bikerdad
11-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks again for the interest in my trike. A few have asked me to post more photos of the trike . I did post a few photos a couple months ago and was told by the site administrator that this was a Spyder only site ( I agree) and I should not post here. In respect for the site rules I can not post any photos. If anyone wants photos, I have my email address in my first post. Just send me a email and I will send you some photos and details on my trike.

Thanks

Bob Denman
11-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Oops... :shocked:
We don't want to get you into any trouble... :thumbup: