PDA

View Full Version : Be Like A Ninja

Tanshanomi
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
I get things like this all the time in e-mails or on Facebook, and normally they're hackneyed stuff not worth sharing. But I liked this more than I expected. Thought I'd pass it along.

Be Like A Ninja

Be silent. Only speak when it benefits others.
Be meditative. Spend plenty of time in your own personal space, considering and evaluating your own thoughts.
Be clever. Hone your mind. Use your brain to get out of nasty situations.
Be calm. Fear, anxiety and surprise multiply as they are expressed.
Be sober. Maintain the ability to think clearly at all times.
Be honorable. Hold integrity in higher regard than anything else in life, even life itself. Assume others hold the same belief and afford them the chance to demonstrate it.
Be self-disciplined. Display no behaviors that could erode others' respect.
Be competitive. Strive to excel while understanding that the aim of sports and contests is mutual excellence.
Be benevolent. Respond to the pain and struggles of others. Make justice the defender of mercy, not its executioner.

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 01:32 PM
:shocked: Can we keep the throwing stars, and the sword? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_128.gif :shocked:
Seriously; :thumbup:

jerpinoy
11-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I get things like this all the time in e-mails or on Facebook, and normally they're hackneyed stuff not worth sharing. But I liked this more than I expected. Thought I'd pass it along.

Be Like A Ninja

Be silent. Only speak when it benefits others.
Be meditative. Spend plenty of time in your own personal space, considering and evaluating your own thoughts.
Be clever. Hone your mind. Use your brain to get out of nasty situations.
Be calm. Fear, anxiety and surprise multiply as they are expressed.
Be sober. Maintain the ability to think clearly at all times.
Be honorable. Hold integrity in higher regard than anything else in life, even life itself. Assume others hold the same belief and afford them the chance to demonstrate it.
Be self-disciplined. Display no behaviors that could erode others' respect.
Be competitive. Strive to excel while understanding that the aim of sports and contests is mutual excellence.
Be benevolent. Respond to the pain and struggles of others. Make justice the defender of mercy, not its executioner.

:agree: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh: roflblack:
I hope some congressman will get this post and become ninja too.

cuznjohn
11-27-2013, 01:50 PM
i am a ninja. i know this because when ever i walk up to a crowd of people no one see's me it's like i am not there

Chupaca
11-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Even if not classifying you as a ninja but just a better human being...!! :thumbup:

cuznjohn
11-27-2013, 02:14 PM
ever see the chris farley movie where he is a ninja, well that's what i would look like dressed

bullant12
11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
I have Ninja reflexes... Althought it looks like one, I have posted 100 times to this thread! That is how quick I am!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
11-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Good post. Very similar to the teachings of Zen. I am not a Buddhist by any means but Zen practices have helped me through many a tough time. I learned them from my Shifu several years ago.

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 05:24 PM
I have Ninja reflexes... Althought it looks like one, I have posted 100 times to this thread! That is how quick I am!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Only 100? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_8_15.gif :D

ARtraveler
11-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Very good points to ponder. Thank you for sharing the information.

Jeriatric
11-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Ninja? Life is hard enough being a Bear.

bruiser
11-27-2013, 09:19 PM
I thought bears were getting ready to hiber... oh wait, that doesn't apply to California bears. :roflblack:

Jeriatric
11-27-2013, 09:24 PM
I thought bears were getting ready to hiber... oh wait, that doesn't apply to California bears. :roflblack:

That's my problem......this bear doesn't get enough sleep :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-28-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pqyax6gwzQ