PDA

View Full Version : Thankful today

Lamonster
11-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Something happened yesterday that really bummed me out but after getting through the first phase of feeling like I was punched in the gut I decided to turn my attention to the good things in my life. This morning I posted this thought on my Facebook page and was asked by a member to consider posting it here too. Many of you guys I've come to know through SpyderLovers and this is fitting to you also. Hope this encourages you in some way. :doorag:

When I first got my Boss Hoss it was in pretty bad shape and needed some TLC to get back in shape. It never was a good looking bike and more than once I heard people talk about how ridiculous it looked and for the most part they were right.

So why did I love this bike so much? The reason was I had been though a lot with this bike. I knew every bolt and wire on it and fixed everything that needed attention. The joy it gave me most people didn't understand but they didn't know this bike the way I did. When I twisted the throttle that bike spoke to me and put a smile on my face every time. The real beautiful thing about this bike was what was on the inside and not on the outside. I found I didn't really care what people thought about its outside appearance because I had learned to find the beauty within.

So many times we look for beauty on the outside when we might be missing the true beauty on the inside. I've found as I grow older that what use to be important to me is not the same anymore. I don't judge people by the way they look on the outside till I take the time to find out what's on the inside first. I'm amazed that when you take the time to really get to know people you'll find that pretty much all of them have something to give that will make you a better person or maybe just let you know what has shaped them to be who they are today.

I've met happy people who were fighting cancer. I've met beautiful people that have be abused. I've met people that spend their life's giving to others. I've met people who are shy or quiet that have much to say if you just take the time to listen. I've met people with physical scars that are willing to share their story with you if you treat them like a whole person and not judge them by what awful thing might have happened to them.

All these people are beautiful on the inside and to me that makes them beautiful on the outside too. I count myself blessed to know and have so many beautiful friends. You all bless me daily and I'm becoming a better person because of you all. I love that I can laugh hysterically without the aid of drugs or alcohol and remember why the next day. That wasn't always true with me. These are just some thoughts that hit me this week when I reflect on things in my life I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for you all and I hope your week will be a blessing to you and others.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1483037_632586286784646_1561106908_n.jpg

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 09:43 AM
:clap: :thumbup: :agree:
Thanks!

otter28169
11-27-2013, 09:44 AM
You are right, some days we are reminded of just how much fun life actually is. I was reminded of that two weeks ago by a tree. Yesterday I fired up the mistress and moved her into her winter storage. Even stalling out in reverse feels better than never being able to ride again. The people I have met since my first ride mean as much, or more, to me than the miles of open road I have covered. Happy Holidays Lamont, hopefully we will meet up again in the coming year.

Just sayin'...........

bruiser
11-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Praying that whatever it is will work out for the good.

You never know what kind of baggage a person is carrying until you get to know them.

Jeriatric
11-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Insight and eye sight have something in common. They both change with age.

granpa in Cincy
11-27-2013, 10:07 AM
I remember that bike. You had a remote start on it. You scared the living daylights out of that tiny young lady you let sit on it back in the day at Hal's BBQ. You cooked too.

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Insight and eye sight have something in common. They both change with age.
:agree: One gets better...The other :shocked:; not so much!

Lamonster
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I remember that bike. You had a remote start on it. You scared the living daylights out of that tiny young lady you let sit on it back in the day at Hal's BBQ. You cooked too.

That remote start was the best thing I ever put on that bike. :roflblack:

FaranH
11-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Appreciate these words, Lamont. Good reminder.

(p.s. I accidentally Me Too'd and don't know how to un-MeToo. I didn't have any bad news yesterday, but I am thankful. So I guess leave it?!:dontknow:)

Lamonster
11-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Appreciate these words, Lamont. Good reminder.

(p.s. I accidentally Me Too'd and don't know how to un-MeToo. I didn't have any bad news yesterday, but I am thankful. So I guess leave it?!:dontknow:)

I could always share my bad news with you then we could both have bad news. Oh wait that won't help the yesterday bad news thing. Never mind. ;)

Cruzr Joe
11-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Lamont:

Well put, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 10:49 AM
I could always share my bad news with you then we could both have bad news. Oh wait that won't help the yesterday bad news thing. Never mind. ;)
You'll always find a sympathetic set of ears (or 12,000); in here... :thumbup:

Whatever we can do for you; just holler!

RBS66
11-27-2013, 10:53 AM
What a great post. Lamont I don't know you personally. But from what I see and read on this forum you seem like one really AWESOME AND THOUGHTFUL guy. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope to meet you in person someday.

Oldmanzues
11-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I hope the bad news can be softed somewhat by good news. You have been so much help to so many people on here, including me.
Oldmanzues

Chupaca
11-27-2013, 12:31 PM
thanks..have never met you but know you through your friends who think the world of you. With all you do you reach so many more than you know. I am thankful every day never take things for granted know that I am responsible for me and those close to me blame no one for my life but am thankful to have found you and your work....hope you and yours have a great thanksgiving and that all your thankful for will be with you thoughout...:thumbup:

napper39
11-27-2013, 12:47 PM
im glad to see you also love to hear the sound of the motor rooor out of the grate pipes as some on hear think its a wast of time and money to hear a grate sound coming from the bike its like you said it kind of talks to you such a grate rumble and it also makes me smile ,thaiks for the thoughts and have a good thankgiving.:chat:

Dan McNally
11-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Life is full of ups and downs. The trick is to let go of the downs and embrace and remember the ups! As for your Boss Hoss, like I said on your facebook page, well said, Lamont. If your ride, whatever it is, puts a smile on your face, that is all that matters!

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 01:07 PM
If your ride, whatever it is, puts a smile on your face, that is all that matters!
80088 Mission accomplished! :2thumbs:

cuznjohn
11-27-2013, 02:10 PM
life trows pit falls at us. it's sometimes like a sink hole opens up under you and you are swallowed by it. i have not met anyone on this site and my humor sometimes is not understood so i try to say i am sorry but i will attack if i keep getting attacked, as a cancer survivor ( prostate 16 years ago ) you learn that life is too short to be unhappy all the time. prostate cancer can change your life as a man that i will not go into but in a way it helped kill a 10 year relationship. so we have to learn to take the good with the bad and go through the poor me's and move on. i hope what ever made you make this post eases up on you and things will get better, and we all need to lighten up and find that when we open our eyes every morning it is a good day. best of luck and i want a boss hoss

Daisyjoe
11-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks for sharing Lamont. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

ARtraveler
11-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you for sharing. We appreciate all you do. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

bullant12
11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
What comes around, goes around, Lamont. Thank YOU for providing this service of vast knowledge: not only on Spyders but on everything else in life.
Also for the friendships created thru here and the events that you and everyone else has created and attended to. It makes the world a smaller and happier place.
:firstplace:

Bob Denman
11-27-2013, 05:22 PM
:agree::agree::agree: :2thumbs:

jerpinoy
11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
:agree: Lamont thanks a million for keeping this site for all of us. God Bless you and your love ones.

arris
11-27-2013, 07:29 PM
In march of2013 I was told I had kidney cancer on the right side and it had to come out because of some DR I was going to and missed it. Well, anyway I had the operation and I had to go for chemo treatments. I am glad to say that I and the great DRs:bowdown: I had finally :yes:beat this thing. I was down in the dumps over going for:banghead: chemo treatments but after talking to some of the people there, they were worse off than me. So like lamont said, you can't judge people by their looks until you walk in their shoes. Thanks Lamont. Your story brought tears to my eyes to think how lucky I am to beat this. Have a happy thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.

Netminder
11-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Very well said Lamont, after beating throat cancer 2 yrs ago, I have found that there are very many things to be thankful for in life. Things that bugged me years ago, don't phase me now. The past is gone, the future isn't here yet, that is why it is called the present and why I treat it as such! Thanks for the great post! Wishing all my American friends and neighbours a great Thanksgiving!:thumbup:

Barlock
11-27-2013, 09:22 PM
So many times we look for beauty on the outside when we might be missing the true beauty on the inside. I've found as I grow older that what use to be important to me is not the same anymore. I don't judge people by the way they look on the outside till I take the time to find out what's on the inside first. I'm amazed that when you take the time to really get to know people you'll find that pretty much all of them have something to give that will make you a better person or maybe just let you know what has shaped them to be who they are today.

“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross