PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile....Anybody heard anything about the heat issues

3 Wheel Addict
11-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Curious if there is any news floating around. Going to run by my dealer later and see if there is any updates. The cold weather seems to have shut down the complaints about it but i'm sure the southern folks are still riding. Somebody had posted that BRP contacted them about a fix and he/she said to try somebody in a warmer climate.

Bob Denman
11-25-2013, 12:59 PM
:bbq::bbq::bbq: Good Question... :bbq::bbq::bbq:

cuznjohn
11-25-2013, 01:10 PM
NOPE!!!

Bob Denman
11-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey John,
Have you got those nice, bright, shiny new parts nailed into place on your bike yet??
We're waiting on the pics! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
11-25-2013, 01:26 PM
heard little all along so don't expect to hear much now that the weather has cooled. But they are still working on it or waiting for others to come up with a solution...let's hope there will be something by or before spring...:pray:

3 Wheel Addict
11-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I sure hope they don't think we gave up just because it got cold. I want mine take care of before riding season gets here, not during!

cuznjohn
11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
i was outside b4 looking for my alcohol wipes so i can do the lil touch up paint i needed to do so i am doing the first coat now. it's cold out there. and as far as this post, i have been thinking about it. we won't hear anything about our heat issues until the 14's come out and any issues with them are taken care of. i would love to know what can be done, like i said i am not a mechanic like other people are but i would really like to know what could be done. why some people have issues and some don't baffles me. the guy from vertika told me the vents should lower the heat big time, but what about when we come to a stop.
does anyone have any clue what BRP could possibly do to help this issue. i am not going to trash them nor want to start a bashing argument, but the people that work on bikes for a living and for fun what do you think can be done. time will tell for me with what i have done, the cold gets to me so if it is below 50 i am not riding.

jerpinoy
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I think hibernation is part of it.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
11-25-2013, 02:04 PM
We are about 20 days or so into the suggested 60 day moratorium on daily heat threads. I still think we should give them more rope and additional time until early January or so. Then...:rolleyes:

Dan McNally
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
I had heard, somewhere, that they expected a fix by April . . . given that they need to identify, for sure, the cause, come up with a reasonable solution, and then manufacture or purchase the parts to do the fix, I doubt it will happen in a hurry . . . can you imagine the anger and hysteria if they developed the ultimate solution, fixed fifty :spyder2:, and then told everyone else they would have to wait six months for parts for them to get the fix :yikes: ? I do believe they are working the issue, and they will come through :pray: . . . but then I am an optimist . . . always have been.

cuznjohn
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
they had told me two weeks but right now i don't care the weather has me home bound with the cold and the bike. so let them take their time. but what do you think can be done. what can they do to fix the problems and is it just a matter of how each individual interprets heat. one day stuck in traffic and i had enough, i could not get away from the heat. if i had 2 wheels at least i could white line to a exit but not with this. so what do you think they could do to take care of this problem

Magdave
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
I had heard, somewhere, that they expected a fix by April . . . given that they need to identify, for sure, the cause, come up with a reasonable solution, and then manufacture or purchase the parts to do the fix, I doubt it will happen in a hurry . . . can you imagine the anger and hysteria if they developed the ultimate solution, fixed fifty :spyder2:, and then told everyone else they would have to wait six months for parts for them to get the fix :yikes: ? I do believe they are working the issue, and they will come through :pray: . . . but then I am an optimist . . . always have been.

IF they come up with a permanent fix I am willing to bet it includes either wrapped or coated headers. There is no doubt that is the source of the heat and it is too late to move around the parts they moved on the 2013 in prep for the 14 that are being affected. It may include addition ventilation too but the headers are #1 IMHO. It will cost a few hundred $$$ to get coated headers. Hopefully it won't be more tinfoil (although wrapping the tank has yielded some benefit).

Dan McNally
11-25-2013, 02:36 PM
IF they come up with a permanent fix I am willing to bet it includes either wrapped or coated headers. There is no doubt that is the source of the heat and it is too late to move around the parts they moved on the 2013 in prep for the 14 that are being affected. It may include addition ventilation too but the headers are #1 IMHO. It will cost a few hundred $$$ to get coated headers. Hopefully it won't be more tinfoil (although wrapping the tank has yielded some benefit).
I suspect it will include multiple things; ventilation, tweaking the adjustments to make them run a bit richer, perhaps, and insulation . . . but it has get the heat out from under the Tupperware more efficiently.

cuznjohn
11-25-2013, 02:39 PM

i think it might be worth their wile to wrap the pipes, but why some and not others have the issue, there has to be something else going on engine wise

Mets79ST2013
11-25-2013, 03:01 PM
I did, since my bike was at the dealer for over a month I was on a ride the last two weekends the BRP agent ask how hot was mike bike yesterday I told him that if at 20 if feels like burning something is wrong, he ask me is I was going to put my bike away for the winter and I told him no that anytime is 40 or above I will ride.

He was surprise and told me that in Quebec they can't ride after 12-15 by law I told him here in the USA, we are free to ride in a blizzard if we feel like it, is good to be FREE.

He says they are looking for a solution and will keep talking to the dealers regarding the heat issue, hope this will help...

cuznjohn
11-25-2013, 03:07 PM
talking to dealers is like talking to a wall. they have no clue

3 Wheel Addict
11-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I have wrapped my pipes but to what degree this has helped I will not know till it gets warm out again. I refuse to make any other attempts on any other type of fix until I get a "final" answer from BRP that there will or won't be a fix, only then will I spend more money to fix it myself or trade it off. I really like riding it but do not wish to have to spend loads more money to "fix" a problem child bike. My dealer has already agreed to put it on the floor and sell it for me if it comes to that but to what loss on my part. With all the major holidays coming up i'm sure BRP has a lot of irons in the fire but they best not forget about us that have already spent the bucks to purchase the "Lucky 13's"

Bob Denman
11-25-2013, 06:28 PM
No doubt; the change in seasons bought them some "breathing room"...
Here's to hoping that they use the time wisely! :cheers:

flamingobabe
11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
I asked my BRP case worker to be put on the list to test the fix....I was told that BRP was still in the internal testing phase as of now...but that I would be called if BRP needed testers....I hope this is true ....mine has wrapped pipes gas tank covered all the other wrapped parts.....but the worry is that the heat has destroyed the rubber hoses and etc.....we'll see....I have not rode the bike in a couple of weeks... purchased a new back tire and plugs and wires from BajaRon....after they are in....I'll go for a ride....rain and 43 degrees....way too cold for me...even with heated gear...I be a wimp

lil rabbit
11-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I asked my BRP case worker to be put on the list to test the fix....I was told that BRP was still in the internal testing phase as of now...but that I would be called if BRP needed testers....I hope this is true ....mine has wrapped pipes gas tank covered all the other wrapped parts.....but the worry is that the heat has destroyed the rubber hoses and etc.....we'll see....I have not rode the bike in a couple of weeks... purchased a new back tire and plugs and wires from BajaRon....after they are in....I'll go for a ride....rain and 43 degrees....way too cold for me...even with heated gear...I be a wimp

Come on Sis,

The weather here has been the 40's during the day and the low 30's at night and I am riding to work every night. Oh yeah I bought heated gloves and have my thermal suit from Baja Ron. I am nice and warm. So I am not giving up riding just yet, but I know the snow will come soon. Also I hope BRP figures out the fix for your bike and everyone elses soon.

Dan McNally
11-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Wet or icy roads will keep my RT in the garage, but temperature isn't an issue. We get plenty of sunny days when the roads are dry in the winter, here, and I'll ride on those days . . . its great to be retired! One long rides, that hot seat feels pretty good in this weather!