PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful Where You Lean!

Dan McNally
11-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Last night, I was in the garage, cleaning my Spyder . . . leaned on the left mirror . . . didn't think I leaned that hard, but . . . POP . . . and off it came :opps: . I broke the plastic part where the top peg goes. Only $6.95 from CanAm (with $6.95 shipping :yikes: ) so I ordered a replacement "LH-Washer Plate" Lesson learned! :(

Chupaca
11-23-2013, 09:08 PM
and yet to get the mirror off you have to bang on it, twist it and yank on it..!! :roflblack: will keep this in mind next time I'm near an RT...:thumbup:

Dan McNally
11-23-2013, 09:38 PM
and yet to get the mirror off you have to bang on it, twist it and yank on it..!! :roflblack: will keep this in mind next time I'm near an RT...:thumbup:

You have to do it in the right sequence . . . I think it is a combination lock! :roflblack:

NancysToy
11-23-2013, 10:42 PM

That's silly.....you just have to hold your mouth right. ;)

Bob Denman
11-24-2013, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qmr_6kMbts

Dan McNally
11-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Part came today . . . it took longer to find it and order it than to replace it and wipe my fingerprints off the mirror! I am amazed at what a tiny, apparently flimsy thing holds the mirror! I assume it would cost more, but I'm surprised it isn't metal . . . if this ever happens again, I'll order a few spares for both sides!

Cruzr Joe
11-25-2013, 02:25 PM
How many times do we have to tell you .................... Spyders are not Leaners :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr joe

Dan McNally
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM
How many times do we have to tell you .................... Spyders are not Leaners :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr joe

LOL! No, literally, I scared the dog, I laughed so loud! Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that! :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
LOL poor dog, Have a good day.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
11-25-2013, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;724337]How many times do we have to tell you .................... Spyders are not Leaners :roflblack::roflblack:[/QUOTE

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif

Mooseman
11-25-2013, 06:51 PM
My dealer replaced my R/H one on warranty. I had never had the mirror off or "leaned" on it, but the mechanic had them off when he did the 600 service and I think he was leaning a little....lol:doorag: My dealer ordered a couple extra for stock.

NancysToy
11-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Most damage to the keyhole clips comes from improper or overly physical removal of the mirrors. I have never broken a clip on two RT's, although the mirrors have been removed frequently. To remove without damage I recommend the following:

1. Place one hand at the back of the mirror near the outer edge of the glass. This hand should apply light pressure toward the front to keep you from moving the mirror to far and breaking the clip.

2. With the other hand, rap against the front puter edge to pop the front spring clip loose. I describe the force of the hit as "firm, but gentle". A sharp, short rap is all you need. Do not tug or push, and be sure to resist with the other hand.

3. Move the backup hand to the top outer portion of the housing.

4. From underneath, rap upward with the other hand to pop the lower spring clip loose.

5. Gently lift straight up on the mirror assembly, about 1/2", then pull outward to slip the latch pin from the keyhole clip.

6. Pull the wires from inside the console until the wiring connector is clear of the body. An untrimmed wire tie on the cable will prevent the connector from falling back inside, when it too is pulled clear of the body.

7. Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to straighten the spring clips before you reinstall, so they are straight and parallel. Lightly lubing the latch pins helps, too.

Bob Denman
11-26-2013, 09:40 AM
This is the best advice for dealing with the RT's mirrors. Thanks Scotty! :thumbup:
EVERY RT owner should grab a copy of these instructions! nojoke