PDA

View Full Version : 2011 RTL DPS Sensor Failure

Bob Ledford
11-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Was on my way to the weekly coffee and donut klatch at the local Cam-Am dealership that is held on Saturday mornings. Got in the Spyder's start mode and got a big orange warning screen "Check DPS." Started it up stiff steering for sure. oK I was going there for coffee any way!

Spyder steered quite firmly I will say that. For sure quite firms. Five minutes after I shut it down it was on the way to the service bay. Fifteen minutes later, it was confirmed the DPS Sensor had barfed. Thirty minutes later it was confirmed their Parts Dept did not have one of the $380 sensors but one was available from a Parts Depot in GA.

It is due in Holly Hill, FL on Tu PM or Wes AM.

This makes the second part failure the Spyder has had since I bought it August 2011. The first was a LH Control Switch assembly switch.

The only thing that:cus: Me off was the donut vendor did not show up this morning. :cus: It!

Bob Denman
11-24-2013, 09:06 AM
The only thing that:cus: Me off was the donut vendor did not show up this morning. :cus: It!

:yikes: For being late; I'd dock him an ENTIRE box of Krispy Kremes! :gaah:

Sorry to hear about the DPS problem; glad to hear that's it's getting under control! :thumbup:

Bob Ledford
11-24-2013, 09:28 AM
:yikes: For being late; I'd dock him an ENTIRE box of Krispy Kremes! :gaah:

Sorry to hear about the DPS problem; glad to hear that's it's getting under control! :thumbup:

I'm fixin' to tell Chris the owner that he is developing a real PR problem with us Saturday riders with those of us that count on that KK doughnut fix to inspire dealership loyalty :yes: :yes: :yes: :firstplace: :firstplace: :firstplace:

Bob Denman
11-24-2013, 09:47 AM
The ONLY thing better than a Krspy Kreme donut...

... is two more! :2thumbs:

Bob Ledford
11-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Was on my way to the weekly coffee and donut klatch at the local Cam-Am dealership that is held on Saturday mornings. Got in the Spyder's start mode and got a big orange warning screen "Check DPS." Started it up stiff steering for sure. oK I was going there for coffee any way!

Spyder steered quite firmly I will say that. For sure quite firms. Five minutes after I shut it down it was on the way to the service bay. Fifteen minutes later, it was confirmed the DPS Sensor had barfed. Thirty minutes later it was confirmed their Parts Dept did not have one of the $380 sensors but one was available from a Parts Depot in GA.

It is due in Holly Hill, FL on Tu PM or Wes AM.

This makes the second part failure the Spyder has had since I bought it August 2011. The first was a LH Control Switch assembly switch.

Update; The new sensor arrived Wednesday Nov 26 and tested.... The DPS is the next failed part and it has to come out of Canada. Normally I would be livid but I cannot get to :cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus:Because of the cost per unit $1,000 USD each. So I drive my Silverado for a couple of days. It should be here by next Thursday or Friday. Mean while I am missing some fine riding temperatures that ticks me off!

But tomorrow is Saturday and they better have some donuts on hand!!!!:coffee:

Bob Ledford
11-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Update; The new sensor arrived Wednesday Nov 26 and tested.... The DPS is the next failed part and it has to come out of Canada. Normally I would be livid but I cannot get to :cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus:Because of the cost per unit $1,000 USD each. So I drive my Silverado for a couple of days. It should be here by next Thursday or Friday. Mean while I am missing some fine riding temperatures that ticks me off!

But tomorrow is Saturday and they better have some donuts on hand!!!!:coffee:

walked in the Service Department door this morning expecting to see a Krispy Kreme doughnut box sitting on the coffee bar counter. Roxie the Service Writer. Came up to me and said the donut vendor skipped them this morning.

i asked for an update on the status of the order of my DPS unit and was told that GA found one in the warehouse and it was to go out the door NLT today. I should be up and running NLT Tuesday late or Wednesday early. Unless something else goes hay wire!

Next stop was the owners office. The first thing he asked was "did you get a donut?" I saId, NO, then he picked u the telephone asking someone if they would make a run? Which got canceled due to the fact it was after 10 AM. He promised next week we will have Kk's fresh.

Found out my DPS unit is the first one they have had at their facility.....