PDA

View Full Version : 1 MINUTE COMMERCIAL - MUST WATCH, NOT A WORD SPOKEN

grumpybob
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoABty_zE00

Dan McNally
11-21-2013, 06:36 PM
My grandpa, who chased Pancho Villa on horseback, was a doughboy in WWI, and an officer in WWII (active duty Army from 1914 until just after WWII ended) would have told me and everyone within shouting distance to put on my cover, straighten my collar, and salute an officer when I see one, before the hug! I know this as a fact, because my Uncle Morey, who was an Army MSgt when Paris was liberated. He had a pass and was celebrating a bit too much. He walked out of a bar with his left arm around the waist of a young Parisian lovely, a cigarette in his right hand, and his hat tucked under his belt, when he turned a corner and ran into a major, who proceeded to read him the riot act for not being in uniform and not saluting an officer . . . Yup! It was Gramps! They had a few drinks together and went back to their jobs . . . invading Germany. It was the first and only time they saw each other from the time they went to England in preparation for D-Day and the last time they saw each other until the war ended and they went home. Both invaded Normandy on D-Day. I miss Grandpa.

ARtraveler
11-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Good one. :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
11-21-2013, 07:29 PM
No words were needed... :clap::thumbup:

bruiser
11-21-2013, 08:31 PM
No words were needed... :clap::thumbup:

Agree. And I, being enlisted, would have saluted first. Just like I did with my uncle.

Chupaca
11-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Bob
:agree: what would they say..what could they say...the actions say it all..!! Thanks..!!