PDA

View Full Version : Question about after market sawybars

Lone Spyder Ryder
11-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I have the evolution sway bar installed, I was thinking about getting a new one from bajaron but before I do anything I need to know a couple things. I have a ck DPS error on the Sypder. Can the evolution sway bar caused a DPS problem? The second question is do I have to put the OME sway bar back on to get the DPS problem checked a the dealer? Thanks for any input. :helpsmilie:

Thank you for your replies, I will take it in first thing next week. I think I will take the evolution off and put the BajaRon one on. Don't suppose you take trade ins :roflblack: . Sure glad to here I can take it in with out putting the OME back on. I will get back to you about the new sway bar. Thank you all again for the info.

Chupaca
11-21-2013, 04:22 PM
the swaybar oem, evolution and BajaRon will not cause a DPS code and you don't have to put the oem bar on to have it checked. If you have the code and model and year to share would help. Some models had updates and recalls on the dps. Being the biggest consumer of electric power on these machines you should check all the battery connections and battery condition as a start. Hope it is no more than that....:thumbup:

jthornton
11-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I just had a reason to dive in the battery area and sure enough like many the bolts were only finger tight!

JT

BajaRon
11-21-2013, 05:31 PM
the swaybar oem, evolution and BajaRon will not cause a DPS code and you don't have to put the oem bar on to have it checked. If you have the code and model and year to share would help. Some models had updates and recalls on the dps. Being the biggest consumer of electric power on these machines you should check all the battery connections and battery condition as a start. Hope it is no more than that....:thumbup:

This is accurate information. The sway bar, regardless of which one, has nothing to do with the DPS unit. Checking your battery condition and electrical connections is the best place to start. There are updates for the DPS, depending on your VIN#.

Definitely get this worked out as you do not want to have issues with your DPS.

Let us know what you find out.