PDA

View Full Version : Broken rear fender

tobor9
11-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Well my RS has joined the group of RS owners with a broken rear fender bracket:banghead: I was riding home from a PGR mission and a car next to me pointed to the back of my ride and tried to tell me something was wrong,I couldn't hear her but thanked her and as I was only a couple of blocks from home and could not see anything wrong went home. After parking in the garage I started checking the back and found that the left side bracket had completely broken of at the point it turned under the fender like a broken weld. I called my dealer and they said to bring it in and they would write it up to submit to BRP and see if they would cover the repair,I did this morning and will wait to find out whats happens next. I've used Gorilla tape to hold it in place for now and it is holding fine, I hope they will cover this as it's clearly a design problem,bad weld or poor metel or both! I also have a minor leak at the lower radiator hose and tried to tighten the clamp but can't get a screwdriver on it straight so could only tighten it a little,I'll watch the coolant level and have fixed at next oil change. Otherwise with 24k on it my 2011 RS runs great:yes:

loisk
11-21-2013, 02:04 AM
At the recent Spyder Royale in Australia the BRP guys specifically mentioned these RS fenders (Mine is so far OK) and said that, whenever they break, even out of warranty, BRP will replace with the new-style fender, no worries. This is the 'new style' fender now shown in the accessories booklet, which is up high, off the back of the tail piece/sports rack area, rather than down over the wheel. Hope this helps - worth following up.

richie
11-24-2013, 09:30 AM
same here, had to pay for mine. RS 08

tobor9
11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I just heard from my dealer that BEST won't cover it,so now ill call BRP and talk to them. If they won't i'll check a local welding shop or just keep it Taped on with Gorilla tape.

tobor9
11-24-2013, 03:41 PM
At the recent Spyder Royale in Australia the BRP guys specifically mentioned these RS fenders (Mine is so far OK) and said that, whenever they break, even out of warranty, BRP will replace with the new-style fender, no worries. This is the 'new style' fender now shown in the accessories booklet, which is up high, off the back of the tail piece/sports rack area, rather than down over the wheel. Hope this helps - worth following up.

I wish you had that in writing so I could get mine replaced,that new fender looks strange but but should work.