PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Seat - Duct Tape Tip -- Rear Seat Bolts

dangme55
11-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I installed the Ultimate seat on my 2013 RTS yesterday, The Ultimate instructions on YouTube are excellent.

I did use one 'trick' when removing the main seat bolts the clearance is very tight on the outboard side where the nuts are.

The square nuts are in a channel and are very hard to work with. Take a close look when you get to that step and before you start removing the seat bolts. You will see what I am referring to.

I used a piece of duct tape about an inch wide and 2-3 inches long to 'seal' the groove on the open end and across the top.

Press tightly on the nut portion and across the groove. When you remove the bolt the nut will stay in place. When you return to re-install the nut will be in the correct spot to align with the bolt and sleeve. A little pressure on the tape/nut as you start the bolt and you are in business.

Once you have the bolts started remove the tape so you they are free for movement to align seat fore/aft.

Blue Star
11-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I installed the Ultimate seat on my 2013 RTS yesterday, The Ultimate instructions on YouTube are excellent.

I did use one 'trick' when removing the main seat bolts the clearance is very tight on the outboard side where the nuts are.

The square nuts are in a channel and are very hard to work with. Take a close look when you get to that step and before you start removing the seat bolts. You will see what I am referring to.

I used a piece of duct tape about an inch wide and 2-3 inches long to 'seal' the groove on the open end and across the top.

Press tightly on the nut portion and across the groove. When you remove the bolt the nut will stay in place. When you return to re-install the nut will be in the correct spot to align with the bolt and sleeve. A little pressure on the tape/nut as you start the bolt and you are in business.

Once you have the bolts started remove the tape so you they are free for movement to align seat fore/aft.

I am going to change my seat soon (comfort seat), and while I knew about the duck tape. Now I know why other than not loosing the nuts.

Barlock
11-17-2013, 11:16 AM
I am going to change my seat soon (comfort seat), and while I knew about the duck tape. Now I know why other than not loosing the nuts.

Duck tape? Really?

OWISE1
11-17-2013, 11:20 AM
79302 :yikes:

Blue Star
11-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Duck tape? Really?

Yeah, I am a quacked up