PDA

View Full Version : Sena SMH10

Ryblueyez
11-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone. I am looking into getting a helmet bluetooth to use whenever I am riding my spyder. I have read some reviews, but I was wondering what you all 's personal experience is with this headset. Pros and Cons, and is it worth the money? Thanks in advance everyone!

effgjamis
11-17-2013, 10:01 AM
I have used one for several years now... great price, works great.

Highwayman2013
11-17-2013, 10:05 AM
We(my wife and I) have a pair of these, got them from Motorcycle Dave( a site sponsor). They are great for intercom on one bike. You can talk bike to bike for about half a mile with line of sight. You can stream music from your phone or other bluetooth devise. You can make and take phone calls. The battery holds a charge very well and works for an all day ride. Very easy to install in a helmet too. It seems a little overwhelming if you have not had them be fore but they are quite simple to operate. Definitely worth the money. Good Luck

Vidman
11-17-2013, 10:06 AM
We have used the first model for several years without a hitch. We just upgraded to the latest model (firmware upgradeable over the internet) and love it's capability.

I have read the Version 5?? upgrade in Dec will allow this unit to communicate with all (??) other manufacturers units in Intercom mode. If this is true (and with it's 4 person intercom capability) it would be a great alternative to CB group communications.

strmgra
11-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone. I am looking into getting a helmet bluetooth to use whenever I am riding my spyder. I have read some reviews, but I was wondering what you all 's personal experience is with this headset. Pros and Cons, and is it worth the money? Thanks in advance everyone!

Been using mine little a little over a year now, love it. Three riding buddies and I have used 2 times in Smokey Mtns and once around Michigan. Makes trip more enjoyable and safer. I use mine regularly for phone calls, music and voice GPS.. Easy to install and use. takes little practice to sync 3-4 units, ( 4 is max.).

jwulf74
11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
We have 3 synced up (me, wife and daughter) so we can all talk between our 2 spyders. Works pretty well but the further we stretch out on the road the more crakly it gets. The positives far out weigh that though. On the other hand...if you want to listen to music or just want to listen to the wind and the women just want to talk....:gaah:

KX5062
11-17-2013, 11:29 AM
My wife and I have a pair, which we use on the same and separate bikes. I also have the SR-10 module that allows me to use a walkie-talkie to also communicate with my buddy who has a Auto Comm system, which is an older non-bluetooth model. I too am impressed with the system. The sound quality is very good. It does get a little harsh at max volume (windy with ear plugs). The range between bikes is not a long as advertised, but it's acceptable. Being able to bluetooth music from my phone is a really neat feature. No wires!!!:clap:

bmwlarry
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I am waiting for the new model. I now use Scala G4.
http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/20s/

RTVIPER
11-17-2013, 11:52 PM
I purchased mine 3 weeks ago and love it. I synced my iPhone and iPod Touch and it's awesome. I listen to my sirius xm and other music via the iPod Touch and answer phone calls via iPhone. The Sena SMH-10 is my first helmet intercom system. I highly recommend it.

Motorcycledave
11-18-2013, 12:43 AM
If you want the SENA 20S call me Monday morning... 209-887-3283 (tel:209-887-3283)
I am your friendly neighborhood SENA supplier for Spyder Lovers:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup :
Thanks
Dave

I am waiting for the new model. I now use Scala G4.
http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/20s/

Ryblueyez
11-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. You guys are a lot of help!

Ryblueyez
11-18-2013, 05:15 AM
If you want the SENA 20S call me Monday morning... 209-887-3283 (tel:209-887-3283)
I am your friendly neighborhood SENA supplier for Spyder Lovers:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup :
Thanks
Dave

PM sent

ARtraveler
11-18-2013, 03:53 PM
This was the season we switched over to Sena SMH10. Had previously been using Cardo 2's. We feel the Sena's are worth the money. I find that in comparison to Cardo, we have longer distance operation between units, less static when operating, and the channel can be left open so you don't have to say something to activate the units (ala Cardo). We never had a unit fail because of low battery on all day adventures. They usually reach full charge in an hour or so once plugged in.

I would give them a 4 out of 5. :thumbup::thumbup: I never give a perfect rating on anything. :roflblack::roflblack:

Ryblueyez
11-18-2013, 09:41 PM
This was the season we switched over to Sena SMH10. Had previously been using Cardo 2's. We feel the Sena's are worth the money. I find that in comparison to Cardo, we have longer distance operation between units, less static when operating, and the channel can be left open so you don't have to say something to activate the units (ala Cardo). We never had a unit fail because of low battery on all day adventures. They usually reach full charge in an hour or so once plugged in.

I would give them a 4 out of 5. :thumbup::thumbup: I never give a perfect rating on anything. :roflblack::roflblack:

Seems like all positives so far... Are there any negatives? How many of you have the Sena Dongle as well? Is it worth the purchase with the SMH10? Do you guys have full, half, or 3/4 helmet?

Trickie Dick
11-18-2013, 09:49 PM
There is a thread on advrider.com that has over 3000 posts on the SMH10. Overall, it has a very positive bent to it but it's not all peaches and cream. But, as spyder owners, we know that don't we. :D

MikeinGA
11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
I have used one for several years now... great price, works great.

:agree:

Mike

ARtraveler
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Seems like all positives so far... Are there any negatives? How many of you have the Sena Dongle as well? Is it worth the purchase with the SMH10? Do you guys have full, half, or 3/4 helmet?

My communicator helmet is a Nolan full face N103, the other communicator helmet is a Nolan modular N43.

The Senas are mounted on the outside of the Nolans. I tried, but did not like the built in Nolan communicators.

Believe it or not, we have not experienced any negatives with the Sena communicators to date. One season down, ? to go.