PDA

View Full Version : Invisible helmet?

Magdave
11-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I wonder if this could be adapted to a motorcycle for people who like to ride naked?

http://vimeo.com/43038579

rabtech
11-16-2013, 09:51 PM
This is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. It would have to be made out of some tough stuff to slide across asphalt. But I would definitely be an investor in a project like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
11-17-2013, 09:23 AM
While a applaud their efforts :clap:; that "collar" looks no more comfortable, than the lid it is replacing...

bruiser
11-17-2013, 09:34 AM
While a applaud their efforts :clap:; that "collar" looks no more comfortable, than the lid it is replacing...

And... It's one time use only.

bruiser
11-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Then there is this...

http://youtu.be/TX_YIr5CkDM

Bob Denman
11-17-2013, 09:40 AM
I already look like that; WITHOUT inflating anything! :opps:

MikeinGA
11-17-2013, 11:30 AM
How about total inflatable suit. It would work in water and fire too.

Mike

DrewNJ
11-17-2013, 11:49 AM
The "Today Show" did a thing about those inflatable bike helmets. If I'm remembering right they are right at $500.
Also, keep in mind that really any motorcycle helmet is "single use only" too. :thumbup:

Personally, I'll pass. I need a place to mount my speakers and bluetooth....:doorag: Plus, I don't ride anymore without a full visor or shield. I've been hit in the face shield with all kinds of road debris, would hate to have it hit me directly.

belowme29
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Plus, I don't ride anymore without a full visor or shield. I've been hit in the face shield with all kinds of road debris, would hate to have it hit me directly.

:agree: I too only drive with a full face shield (modular helmet) - my GS still has the original short windshield which does not stop anything from hitting me. Had a bug hit my visor and I had to stop to remove the residue as I could not see out of the left side. Not would that have hurt my face, but it would have been disgusting trying to scrape that off of my face.

Driving a non covered vehicle (like a car, SUV and others like it) is dangerous just because of what it is. Plus you cannot control other drivers and how they "try" to drive - plus there are some that should not be driving any vehicle of any kind. Driving is privilege that should be taken A LOT more seriously then it is currently taken.

Magdave
11-17-2013, 01:00 PM
:agree: I too only drive with a full face shield (modular helmet) - my GS still has the original short windshield which does not stop anything from hitting me. Had a bug hit my visor and I had to stop to remove the residue as I could not see out of the left side. Not would that have hurt my face, but it would have been disgusting trying to scrape that off of my face.

Driving a non covered vehicle (like a car, SUV and others like it) is dangerous just because of what it is. Plus you cannot control other drivers and how they "try" to drive - plus there are some that should not be driving any vehicle of any kind. Driving is privilege that should be taken A LOT more seriously then it is currently taken.
As do I just a 3/4 with removable jaw piece for colder weather :thumbup: I have had a bug jammed up my nose at 90mph...no fun. But we know there are hard core ABATE members who do not. I call them "Donors" so this may be a way to save a life or 2.

Bob Denman
11-17-2013, 02:38 PM
...And my Missus, who is a transplant recipient; thanks them for their kind generosity :2thumbs:

cyclelover63
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
I didn't see how the invisible helmet inflated...I seen the cord for the jacket,but not the helmet...

Bob Denman
11-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Let's remember; this one seems to be designed for bicycling use...
Will they be able to get these things inflated fast enough to ever handle the higher speeds of impacts from a motorcycling accident? :dontknow:

ARtraveler
11-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Neat: but this person is sticking with the tried and true motorcycle helmets. Most cars here in Alaska, get a yearly ding or worse on the windshield from flying rocks. I have pretty much ended up having to replace a windshield a year (thank you State Farm for class breakage coverage!). My previous new car made it 50 miles before a flying rock put a crack in the windshield. I waited a year before replacing that one.

That said, so far, the same has not happened with any of my MC windshields. Hope I did not jinx myself there. :yikes:

Won't go into the other safety issues this go around--but I always wear a helmet. ATGATT. :thumbup: