PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster Laser Alignment coming to VA...maybe

SpyRyd
11-16-2013, 06:22 PM
////////////UPDATE AS OF 11 DEC '13///////////

Harvey Clark (SPYDERPOPS) will be accompanying Lamont to do laser alignments for us. Since both Lamont and Harvey will be doing alignments, we have moved all alignments to Saturday, 4 Jan, starting no later than 8 AM. So far we have 18 folks committed (see list below) so we have room for a couple more. I'm sure they will not turn anyone away but I really would like to have an accurate tally so they know what to expect. Recommend you arrive at the alignment party location early, get your amazing laser alignment done, and hang around and swap Spyder tales with your fellow SpyderLovers and two Spyder World legends, Lamonster and SPYDERPOPS.

If this change causes problems for anyone, please PM me or send me an email at jlheiser@cox.net. We will do our best to accommodate everyone. Thanks,

John

UPDATE.....UPDATE
Lamonster Laser Alignments-Virginia is a go.
DATES: Friday, 3 Jan (starting about 1 PM); Saturday 4 Jan; Sunday 5 Jan (if required)
LOCATION: Remington VA (address to be provided via PM to those committed to getting alignment)
COST: $120.00 per Spyder (CASH ONLY please)

If you are seriously interested in getting your Spyder(s) laser aligned by Lamont, send me a PM. I'll need to know your name, preferred day, and time (AM or PM). I'll reply with the specific address in Remington where Lamont will be set up to laser align your ryde. We will need at least 10 folks committed to showing up to make this happen. Pls let me know if you have questions.

//////////////////////////////////

I contacted Lamont to see if he would be interested in coming to VA to do laser alignments. He needs to do at least 10 alignments to make it profitable for him to travel 300 miles or so. Charlottesville VA is about 300 miles from Greeneville TN. So, looking for at least 10 owners interested in getting an alignment done by none other than the Lamonster in Charlottesville VA. Also need someone in the Charlottesville area to "host" the alignment event. By host I mean provide a space for Lamont to do the alignments. Lamont offered to align the host's Spyder for free as an incentive to volunteer to be "host" for the event. I don't yet have a date set with Lamont for him to come to VA. Need to know if there is enough interest before arranging a firm date and if there is someone willing to step up and be host.

if you are interested in having Lamont laser align your Spyder pls either PM me or post on this thread. Also need to know if you are located in/around Charlottesville and are willing to host this event. Need a host and at least 10 folks to commit, then I'll arrange a firm date with Lamont.

i believe Lamont charges $120.00 to do the alignment. He may charge a little more since he is traveling from TN. Also understand he does not charge you if he discovers your bike is aligned after setting it up using the laser equipment. I've had my Spyder laser aligned but I still have a slight pull to the right. Lamont told me he can fix that, so I've added my name to the list:

1). John Heiser
2). Ed Richards
3). Chris Patient
4). Doug Taylor
5). Martin Hoffman
6). Paul Germain
7). Mark Harrington
8). Julie Harrington
9. Nathan Zaharek
10). Frank Zaharek
11). David Buckwalter
12). Parrish Wolford
13). Dave Kozik
14). Sharon Heckstall
15). Sedrick Grandberry
16). Dana Grandberry
17). Carla Thomas
18). Shana Caldwell
19). Gerald Knapp
20). Fernandel Bardouille
21). Chief Johnson
22.) Dan McNally (depends on weather)
23). Charlie Robinson (depends on weather)
24). Kenny Wright

Spydered
11-16-2013, 06:51 PM
John,
Count me in. PM if you want my contact info.

Ed Richards

piedmontrider
11-16-2013, 07:45 PM
John-
Count me in so long as the dates will not be between Dec. 8 and Dec. 19, as I will be out of country.
If you want, I can e-mail you a list of owners in Virginia. Would be great to have it done before heading to Springfield!
Doug

Wiredux
11-16-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't need it but I'd be willing to ride up there to hang out with y'all. I'm only 230 miles away.

spyder-dude
11-17-2013, 08:11 AM
I am waiting for my 2014 RTS and hoping it won't need an alignment but hopefully will know soon.

I thought of an idea for this arrangement. Possibly you could get with Virginia Power Motorsports which is in Ruckersville, VA just above Charlottesville. Maybe arrange to do this at their facility and also have a couple of their technicians there to have Lamont show them how he does the alignments and hopefully when they see the results and time savings they will buy one of these devices.

Gary Phillips is the owner there and their phone number is (434) 990-0005.

Unfortunately I am not buying my new spyder from them as they wouldn't give me crap for trade in.....so don't mention my name :) but I know several of the guys on here have purchased their spyders from them.

MTFan
11-17-2013, 09:02 AM
John, count me in. I will be travelling between now and the end of February. Just let me know when and where.

SpyRyd
11-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Bump

StanProff
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM
It is well worth traveling a couple of hundred miles to get the alignment done and I couldn't recommend anyone more highly than Lamont to do it. I am lucky to live within 25 miles of Lamonster and have been to his place a few times. He aligned mine a few weeks ago and it really did make a big difference in my handling on my 2010 RTS. :thumbup:

mob133
11-17-2013, 04:43 PM
don't want to add my name to your list but please post or pm me with the dates if you set it up and I can let you know if I could make it ,would be a good reason to take a ride down from the philly area

Yfactor
11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I would be interested if after the first of the year and for both Spyders (RT & RS)

2 Stricklands
11-17-2013, 05:14 PM
If you do not get any body in the Charlottesville area, I would be willing to host it at my Place. I am about 2 hours from Charlottesville and about 1 hour from Lynchburg. I am just off of Route 122. I have a two car garage and lots of room to park many Spyders. I could set up tables and chairs and do a cook-out if you would like to spend a day.

I contacted Lamont to see if he would be interested in coming to VA to do laser alignments. He needs to do at least 10 alignments to make it profitable for him to travel 300 miles or so. Charlottesville VA is about 300 miles from Greeneville TN. So, looking for at least 10 owners interested in getting an alignment done by none other than the Lamonster in Charlottesville VA. Also need someone in the Charlottesville area to "host" the alignment event. By host I mean provide a space for Lamont to do the alignments. Lamont offered to align the host's Spyder for free as an incentive to volunteer to be "host" for the event. I don't yet have a date set with Lamont for him to come to VA. Need to know if there is enough interest before arranging a firm date and if there is someone willing to step up and be host.

if you are interested in having Lamont laser align your Spyder pls either PM me or post on this thread. Also need to know if you are located in/around Charlottesville and are willing to host this event. Need a host and at least 10 folks to commit, then I'll arrange a firm date with Lamont.

i believe Lamont charges $120.00 to do the alignment. He may charge a little more since he is traveling from TN. Also understand he does not charge you if he discovers your bike is aligned after setting it up using the laser equipment. I've had my Spyder laser aligned but I still have a slight pull to the right. Lamont told me he can fix that, so I've added my name to the list:

1). John Heiser (SPYRYD)
2). Ed Richards (SPYDERED)
3). Chris Patient
4). Doug Taylor (PIEDMONTRIDER)
5). Martin-Marilyn Hoffman
6). Paul Germain
7). Mark Harrington
8). Julie Harrington
9). Victor Rackley
10).
11). MTFAN

YIRYDE
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
John

I would like to get this done but I'm seriously considering getting a 2014 RTS and I don't want to put any more money into my current Spyder. I'm having the 14,000 miles service done with new rear brakes and rear tire.

SpyderMarkus
11-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Already replied on FaceBook... Mark & Julie Harrington! Don't think my Spyder needs alignment, but willing to find out. I know my wife's Spyder needs it! Been thinking about heading up north to PA; however, if we can get it done here in VA that would be great! With four kids all with different school schedules, as much advanced notice would be good. Thanks!! :ohyea:

SpyRyd
11-18-2013, 07:57 AM
If you do not get any body in the Charlottesville area, I would be willing to host it at my Place. I am about 2 hours from Charlottesville and about 1 hour from Lynchburg. I am just off of Route 122. I have a two car garage and lots of room to park many Spyders. I could set up tables and chairs and do a cook-out if you would like to spend a day.

Thanks Steve and Barb. So, who is still in if we hold this at the Strickland's home in Hardy Va probably after the first of the year? Also asked this same question on SRA-Old Dominion Facebook page. Thanks...hope we can make this happen.

mhoecker
11-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I want in but can't do it the weekend of Dec 14 or on Dec 21.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

SNOOPY
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Still like 4 hours away each way for me. :(

Spydered
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
John, I am still a go.

SpyRyd
11-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Okay, got 13 Spyders lined up for a Lamonster Laser Alignment in the early Jan '14 timeframe (see post #1 for list). Now all we need to make this happen is a host in the Charlottesville VA area. If no one steps up to host this event, then I think it is best we postpone this endeavor until the Mar/Apr '14 timeframe and in another location, maybe Hardy VA.

RBS66
11-20-2013, 02:22 PM
If Lamont ever wanted to come to Pennsylvania I would gladly host it. I live a few minutes off the Pa turnpike.

Lamonster
11-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Okay, got 13 Spyders lined up for a Lamonster Laser Alignment in the early Jan '14 timeframe (see post #1 for list). Now all we need to make this happen is a host in the Charlottesville VA area. If no one steps up to host this event, then I think it is best we postpone this endeavor until the Mar/Apr '14 timeframe and in another location, maybe Hardy VA.

Good group Bro :thumbup: Keep me posted and I will be sure to be there. :doorag:

DR Buck
11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
I responded to John on FB already but will also respond here. I'm an hour north of Charlottesville and am willing to host. I have the facility and space for it. It would even give me the incentive I need to hook up my under-floor heat I installed when I built this garage.

Lamonster
11-20-2013, 06:52 PM
I responded to John on FB already but will also respond here. I'm an hour north of Charlottesville and am willing to host. I have the facility and space for it. It would even give me the incentive I need to hook up my under-floor heat I installed when I built this garage.

Looks like that's 400+ miles from me.

DR Buck
11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Looks like that's 400+ miles from me.

Almost. :sour:

SNOOPY
11-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Still 4 hours away for me. :(

jonnysevel
11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
If you want to come up to Baltimore, I have huge heated warehouse we can use.

spyder-dude
11-21-2013, 07:18 AM
I am going to check into a couple of options of getting use of a large garage for us here in Staunton VA area. Will report back to everyone.

Lamonster
11-21-2013, 09:33 AM
I am going to check into a couple of options of getting use of a large garage for us here in Staunton VA area. Will report back to everyone.

That would be perfect for me, right at 4 hours. :thumbup::doorag: I could do it in two days if needed that way.

DR Buck
11-21-2013, 08:45 PM

If that doesn't work out my place would still be available. If two days are needed that isn't a problem either. I didn't mention before, besides having heat floor it's equipped with tools, lift, jacks, etc. I can also provide coffee and restroom facilities for those that show up. It's all a matter of Lamont wanting to do the 5 1/2 hr ride. It's his show, so it's his call. No matter what, I still want to get mine done.

DR Buck
11-21-2013, 08:46 PM
That would be perfect for me, right at 4 hours. :thumbup::doorag: I could do it in two days if needed that way.

How long does it take to do an alignment anyway?

SNOOPY
11-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm hearing 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to do all the steps once you've done a few.

jaherbst
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
So when can you come to Arizno again? Several hundred of us missed you in October. I am close to Tucson and own a large commercial hanger you are welcome to anytime.

Jack

Lamonster
11-22-2013, 07:56 AM
How long does it take to do an alignment anyway?
I figure about an hour.

SpyRyd
11-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Bump

SNOOPY
11-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Bump

Ouch, you hit me on the head.:sour:

daveinva
11-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Remington... as in, near Culpeper Remington? I thought this was going to be near Charlottesville?

DR Buck
11-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Remington... as in, near Culpeper Remington? I thought this was going to be near Charlottesville?

That's correct Dave. Should be close enough to draw some of the Northern VA owners. John is coordinating those getting alignments. I'm hosting at my place. Should be a great weekend to get some socializing in as well.

SpyRyd
11-25-2013, 09:16 PM

Couldn't find a host in Charlottesville. DR Buck graciously offered to host the Lamonster Laser Alignment event at his farm in Remington. Hope you can make it.

SpyRyd
11-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Come on folks...sign up! Don't miss out on this super opportunity to have the Lamonster perfectly laser align your ryde. Send me a PM or email at jlheiser@cox.net with your name, day you prefer, and AM or PM (see post #1). Shooting for 5 Friday afternoon, 10 on Saturday, and 10 on Sunday. LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

daveinva
11-26-2013, 05:05 PM
That's correct Dave. Should be close enough to draw some of the Northern VA owners. John is coordinating those getting alignments. I'm hosting at my place. Should be a great weekend to get some socializing in as well.

Woohoo! Yeah, Charlottesville was a little further than I wanted to hike in January, but I think I can do Remington no problemo. Gotta check with CINC House to see which day works best for me :yes:

SpyRyd
11-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Woohoo! Yeah, Charlottesville was a little further than I wanted to hike in January, but I think I can do Remington no problemo. Gotta check with CINC House to see which day works best for me :yes:

Right now I have space available Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Will open up Sunday if I get enough folks. Let me know when you get your marching orders from CINC House ;).

1551retired
12-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I live only 20 miles from Remington, VA but will be at our south Florida home later this month through the first of April. Any chance Lamonster will be doing alignments in FL this winter or will be back in Virginia later next year?

January weather in Virginia can be pretty nasty. Sure hope it co-operates for those scheduled.

SpyRyd
12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I live only 20 miles from Remington, VA but will be at our south Florida home later this month through the first of April. Any chance Lamonster will be doing alignments in FL this winter or will be back in Virginia later next year?

January weather in Virginia can be pretty nasty. Sure hope it co-operates for those scheduled.

Too bad you'll miss this opportunity to get your Spyder laser aligned by the famous Lamonster. Don't know about Lamont doing alignments in FL this winter but the Outlaw folks are located in Florida if you're interested in having them align your Spyder.

Don't know for sure but someone may organize another Lamonster Laser Alignment event in Virginia next year (late March or early April before Spyderfest would be a good time).

We are all hoping the early January weather cooperates.

SNOOPY
12-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Richmond or Southeastern Va. would be nice, the locations stated in this thread are 4 hours plus for me. :(

SpyRyd
12-02-2013, 04:17 AM
Richmond or Southeastern Va. would be nice, the locations stated in this thread are 4 hours plus for me. :(

Maybe someone will look into organizing a laser alignment event at a location closer to you/us next year.

Lamonster
12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Maybe someone will look into organizing a laser alignment event at a location closer to you/us next year.

As the weather gets better I plan on doing more of these. :doorag:

pwm
12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
You guys will be well pleased with your ride when Lamont gets done. I was simply amazed that I was fighting my steering all this time and did not realize it.

SpyRyd
12-02-2013, 09:23 AM
As the weather gets better I plan on doing more of these. :doorag:

That's great! Maybe we can set one up in Southeast VA for those in the Tidewater area as well as Northeast NC and one in Southwest VA for our SL out that way.

So far we have 14 folks signed up for the Early January Lamonster Laser Alignment event in Remington VA...4 for Friday, 3 Jan, afternoon, and 10 for Sat, 4 Jan, (5 in the AM and 5 in the PM). Looking for at least one more for Friday afternoon.

If you are interested in getting your ryde aligned by Lamont during this event, PM me. I'll do my best to accommodate your day/time of preference. Thanks,

SpyRyd
12-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Sixteen folks have signed up to get their Spyder laser aligned by none other than the famous Lamonster, 3-4 Jan '14, in Remington Va. Friday afternoon, 3 Jan, is full with 6 Spyders scheduled. Saturday, 4 Jan, is full as well with 10 Spyders scheduled. May be able to squeeze one or two more into Saturday late in the day. Also looking for 5 folks wanting a laser alignment and are available on Sunday morning, 5 Jan.

Don't miss out on this golden opportunity. Don't know when or if we will be able to get Lamont to come back to this neck of the woods. So, even if you have to ryde a few hundred miles to make this event, it will definitely be worth it. PM me with questions or to get on the list!

SpyRyd
12-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Pls see post #1 for latest info on the laser alignment party in Remington VA in early Jan '14.

Yemaya
12-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for coordinating this John. I will be there on Saturday if the weather is agreeable.

SpyRyd
12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for coordinating this John. I will be there on Saturday if the weather is agreeable.

You're welcome. Expect it will be cold but hoping for clear roads (no snow/ice) and temps in at least the 40s. Of course a heat wave in January would be especially welcome. See 'ya next month!

Dan McNally
12-11-2013, 02:46 PM
As I said on facebook (Dan McNally) I'll be there, Saturday, if the roads are dry! :yes:

SpyRyd
12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
As I said on facebook (Dan McNally) I'll be there, Saturday, if the roads are dry! :yes:

Dan, sure hope you can make it. Wanna see if you look like your avatar...be sure and bring/wear your Santa hat.

Topshotta
12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I will be there if the weather permitting.......can't miss this opportunity to meet the superstar; Lamont.

SpyRyd
12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I will be there if the weather permitting.......can't miss this opportunity to meet the superstar; Lamont.

...and his superstar sidekick SPYDERPOPS!

Topshotta
12-11-2013, 03:43 PM
...and his superstar sidekick SPYDERPOPS!

Yes and his sidekick...............Is Harvey doing any installs?

SpyRyd
12-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes and his sidekick...............Is Harvey doing any installs?

Maybe...not sure. Suggest calling him at 501-760-1234 and work details directly.

SNOOPY
12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
You're welcome. Expect it will be cold but hoping for clear roads (no snow/ice) and temps in at least the 40s. Of course a heat wave in January would be especially welcome. See 'ya next month!

40's?

Cold must not affect some people like it does me if you're riding a Spyder in 40 degree weather. As I get older and older I hate the cold more and more. :roflblack:

Let me know though if you do any 60 degree and above dates within 150 miles of me. Lol

Or 65 and above....

SpyRyd
12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
40's?

Cold must not affect some people like it does me if you're riding a Spyder in 40 degree weather. As I get older and older I hate the cold more and more. :roflblack:

Let me know though if you do any 60 degree and above dates within 150 miles of me. Lol

Or 65 and above....

Laser alignment party at the beach...maybe, just maybe.

SNOOPY
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Hopefully after I upgrade shocks. ;)

Dan McNally
12-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Dan, sure hope you can make it. Wanna see if you look like your avatar...be sure and bring/wear your Santa hat.

You tell me . . . does the avatar fit? :) 80556

SpyRyd
12-12-2013, 03:33 PM

Yep, sure does. All you need is to fix that Santa hat to your helmet and it would be a perfect fit. BTW I'm retired Air Force as well! See 'ya next month!

SNOOPY
12-12-2013, 04:56 PM

Perfect :thumbup:

SpyRyd
12-20-2013, 05:39 AM
40's?

Or 65 and above....

Ryding in 40 degree weather is no problem while wearing the Firstgear Thermo Suit available from Bajaron. I've ridden in the low 40s while wearing my 8th Layer below my normal cooler weather ryding clothes and was comfortable. Full face helmet helps as well.

I understand that cold affects people differently. Layer up and try it...you'll like it ;).

Come on Snoopy, join us for the alignment party. Leave the beach at dawn and you'll be home by dark AND with a laser aligned Spyder.

Chief-J
12-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Count me in for Saturday, in the PM. Coming form Woodbridge, VA

Thank you

SpyRyd
12-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Thank you

PM coming your way...Chief-J ;).

Dan McNally
12-20-2013, 10:14 AM

Thank you

I don't envy you that long stretch of ride on I-95 South, Chief-J. Too many of those Metro DC drivers! :trike:

SpyRyd
12-20-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't envy you that long stretch of ride on I-95 South, Chief-J. Too many of those Metro DC drivers! :trike:

I think he can get to Remington VA without battling I95...and it's shorter but takes a few minutes longer (probably quicker if you factor in the probable I95 backup(s)).

DR Buck
12-20-2013, 08:05 PM

Thank you

Woodbridge to Remington is about 35-45 minutes. No I-95 involved. My daughter lives in Woodbridge and we go there all the time.

Yemaya
12-26-2013, 11:14 AM
My poor Spyder has been in the shop since Saturday. My antifreeze reservoir has a leak, so I'm having it replaced under the warranty. They said it would be TWO WEEKS before it's done. I'm praying to have my bike back in time for the laser alignment party at Dave's place. Ugh....

SpyRyd
12-26-2013, 01:27 PM
My poor Spyder has been in the shop since Saturday. My antifreeze reservoir has a leak, so I'm having it replaced under the warranty. They said it would be TWO WEEKS before it's done. I'm praying to have my bike back in time for the laser alignment party at Dave's place. Ugh....

That's a bummer! Talk with your dealer to see if they will take an anti-freeze reservoir from one of there inventory bikes to put on yours. Two weeks for this job seems excessive. Probably had to order the reservoir...a common parts availability issue. Sorry. Hope your. Spyder is "healed" in time to make the laser alignment party.

Shana
12-27-2013, 03:02 PM

I hope I have my suit by then to be able to ride that early in the morning. I hope you are able to ride as well young lady.

SpyRyd
12-27-2013, 05:48 PM
I hope I have my suit by then to be able to ride that early in the morning. I hope you are able to ride as well young lady.

Lamont and Harvey will be doing alignments all day until the last Spyder is aligned and the owner is Happy, Happy, Happy. So, if the temps later in the morning or around noon feel better to you (and maybe Yemaya's Spyder will be ready by then) please come later in the day. Just need you guys and every one else signed up to try your very best to show up at Dave's place. We don't want Lamont and Harvey to be disappointed in the turn out.

Shana, hope you get your Thermo suit in time. If not layer up and you should be fine. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Yemaya on Saturday, 4 Jan.