PDA

View Full Version : Good Dealer vs Bad Dealer List

Cruzr Joe
11-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I have seen this suggested many times by honest folks on here that would love to see a list, My .02 worth is that i have been to good dealers that some folks rave about and was not really happy with their performance and then been to one that many folks told me to stay far away from and guess what? they took good care of me.

Although i believe that there are some poor dealers out there we also have the problem of some poor or unreasonable customers out there.

My request .............................

NO LIST, talk to your friends and fellow riders and make up your own mind, also when you go in for service make it a point to be specific on what you want them to accomplish, be firm but fair.

Double check your instructions before you leave the dealership to ensure that they were addressed.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
:agree: Let's face it; anybody can have a bad episode at one time or another... :shocked:
Most of these dealers; good and bad, have no recourse or voice in here; they simply cannot defend themselves.
Where I grew up; hitting a defenseless person was a chicken:cus: thing to do

ARtraveler
11-16-2013, 05:52 PM
:agree: There was a preferred dealer list for awhile--but I have not seen that thread for a long time. IMO--word of mouth seems to work well.

RE: Bad dealers: You do have to sort through "stuff" sometimes to determine if it is an unreasonable customer/unreasonable customer demand, or just a bad dealer service department. They too seem to get sorted out in the end.

RE: Good dealers: I have gone to the same dealer since 2001--even prior to the intro of the :spyder2:. I have bought a total of 8 motorcycles from them--four were :spyder2:'s. They have treated me right, but also have not always been perfect. They actually screwed up my last :ani29: valve job--but in the end, they made it right. Result--I will continue to use the dealer that I know. I am going to purchase :spyder2: number five from them.