PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL WESTERN NC SPYDER OWNERS

JKMSPYDER
11-15-2013, 01:47 PM
I would like to compile a list of all western NC Spyder owners to see if there is an interest in forming a riding group. There are several groups that include all of NC and Smokey Mountain Spyder Ryders, but it would be interesting to see how many Spyder riders we have in the western counties only. If you live in the counties of Alleghany, Wilkes, Caldwell, Burke, and Cleveland counties and counties to the west of these, you are in western NC. If interested, contact me if you own a Spyder in any of these western counties and let's discuss forming a riding group. My info is listed below. Thanks!!

John Mattox-Murphy
johnmattox60@gmail.com
828-361-2564

SPYD3R
11-15-2013, 02:31 PM
I would like to compile a list of all western NC Spyder owners to see if there is an interest in forming a riding group. There are several groups that include all of NC and Smokey Mountain Spyder Ryders, but it would be interesting to see how many Spyder riders we have in the western counties only. If you live in the counties of Alleghany, Wilkes, Caldwell, Burke, and Cleveland counties and counties to the west of these, you are in western NC. If interested, contact me if you own a Spyder in any of these western counties and let's discuss forming a riding group. My info is listed below. Thanks!!

John Mattox-Murphy
johnmattox60@gmail.com
828-361-2564

HELP me out here John.... why not include your cousins to the south, South Carolina... there are a bunch of us in the UPSTATE, that would very much like to join in (i'm certain)... i for one.... :yes:
Dan P
Easley, SC

EllijaySpyder
11-15-2013, 03:01 PM
John

Don't forget us North GA riders. We ride up to NC frequently. We just did a 230 mile ride 2 weeks ago up to Natahala and picked up Wayha RD over to Franklin for lunch and then back on back roads to our home in the North GA moiuntains. The Gremlin bell you gave us did not let us down.

Melody & Jerry

maliamd
11-15-2013, 03:58 PM
I am in Maggie Valley and am interested in forming a group! :yes:

SPYD3R
11-15-2013, 04:34 PM
John

Don't forget us North GA riders. We ride up to NC frequently. We just did a 230 mile ride 2 weeks ago up to Natahala and picked up Wayha RD over to Franklin for lunch and then back on back roads to our home in the North GA moiuntains. The Gremlin bell you gave us did not let us down.

Melody & Jerry

and us South Carolinians love to go to Helen back.... Helen, GA that is... so why don't we all agree on a place and time to meet up for lunch and chit-chat... someplace equal to all, like maybe Highlands, NC... anyone "IN"...?
Dan P
Easley, SC

JKMSPYDER
11-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Jerry and Dan, you are welcome to join us! The main purpose of my post was to meet more Spyder riders. I am just trying to find out how many Spyder owners we have in western NC. I did see the Smokey Mountain Ryder's Group formed or headed by cjackg, but is everyone being informed about rides by email? Maybe we could set up a group meet next weekend to discuss. If we said western NC, east TN, north GA and upstate SC, where would a centrally located place be to meet? Any suggestions?

JKMSPYDER
11-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Dan, Highlands sounds good. Do you know of a restaurant that could accomodate a dozen or more riders?

rabtech
11-15-2013, 05:34 PM
What about us in Alabama! :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

pickelhead
11-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I would like to join too.:yes:

JKMSPYDER
11-15-2013, 07:13 PM
OK, anyone that wants to be included for get togethers please send me your contact info by email. Robert, Jerry, and John F,
I have your info already.

John Mattox
johnmattox60@gmail.com

oldbaldguy
11-15-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm in the upstate, SC. Would love to join

SPYD3R
11-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Dan, Highlands sounds good. Do you know of a restaurant that could accomodate a dozen or more riders?

YUP, SURE DO.... PIZZA or WINGS....
see what you started John.... now u'r stuk with organizing this thing....... :congrats:
Highland is a gr8 little town, and the Falls are very close by... Dry Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls... both within a mile or so of each other, and only about 3 or 4 miles out of town...
i'm up for most anything... let me know the next move....
VAROOOOOOOOOOM.......

SPYD3R
11-15-2013, 07:50 PM
I would like to join too.:yes:

come on Pick...... :bowdown: it just wouldn't be right without u my ole pal..... :2thumbs:

SPYD3R
11-15-2013, 07:52 PM
What about us in Alabama! :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BAMA BOUND, COME ON DOWN......
John u ole dawg, look what u'v dun now...... b4 u no it, u'll have Alaskans ax'n 2 join in... :cheers:

JKMSPYDER
11-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Well, I guess since I started this I should organize the first meeting. I'll keep an eye out for next Saturday's weather forecast and try to give everyone as early notice as possible. Dan, did you say you have a restaurant picked out in Highlands? I guess Highlands would be a good central location.

SPYD3R
11-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Well, I guess since I started this I should organize the first meeting. I'll keep an eye out for next Saturday's weather forecast and try to give everyone as early notice as possible. Dan, did you say you have a restaurant picked out in Highlands? I guess Highlands would be a good central location.

John, i know a couple good places in Highlands.... depending on your taste-buds for that day....
PM me, and i'll send u my email/phone info.... until then, g'nite..... this ole dawg needs his sleep.... :roflblack:

StillKickin
11-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Pretty good turn out to your post! Nice to see so many Spyder Riders surface! Be sure to let me know what date you hope to arrange this meet and I'll plan my day accordingly! Good job,
Bill :clap:

SPYD3R
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
OK gang, it's official. We are having the meet and greet for lunch at Flipside restaurant in Highlands at 1pm on Saturday. Address is 30 Dillard Street in Highlands, NC. I saw the latest forecast for Saturday and they are calling for 1/4 inch or less of rain thru mid-morning on Saturday and then cloudy the rest of the day. Temps will be in the 50's. It was discussed changing to Sunday, but some riders cannot make it then, plus it will be in the 20's early Sunday morning. So bring your rain gear and let's meet for lunch in Highlands on Saturday. If anyone wants to meet me in Murphy to ride to Highlands, please email, text or call me. Dick, Jerry and Jack, do you want to meet me in Murphy and ride over together? Say leave Murphy around 11 to 11:15am? And Pickelhead can we hook up with you in Franklin? Let me know. You can reach me by phone call, text, or email. All are welcome no matter what they ride. Thanks everyone and I hope to see you there.