PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake SQL

Tim Harman
07-16-2008, 01:34 PM
When stopping while riding wife Spyder rear brake sounds like a 18 wheeler. Dealer is clueless about this. Anyone find organtic pads yet for the rear brakes ?

daddydarko
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
None yet though BRP claims to be working on a different pad. Patiently waiting.

beerman
07-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Brp says to use crc brake kleen. I did this and the squeal quit for awhile but then returned, so I did it again today and then applied crc disc brake quiet (the one in the spray can not the liquid bottle) and that seems to have fixed the problem. I will post a new thread if the squeaks return. Good luck, Beerman

daddydarko
07-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Brp says to use crc brake kleen. I did this and the squeal quit for awhile but then returned, so I did it again today and then applied crc disc brake quiet (the one in the spray can not the liquid bottle) and that seems to have fixed the problem. I will post a new thread if the squeaks return. Good luck, Beerman

I assume you had to remove the caliper or was this an external cleaner?

beerman
07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
No need to remove anything. Just spray the pads best you can and the rotors with the crc brakekleen, let dry, spray rotors with crc disc brake quite, go for a ride and apply the brakes about 10 times so the brake quiet can fill in any grooves in the parts. So far the squeak has not come back. Be sure to be generous with the cleaning part. Good luck! Beerman (Bought product at Napa Auto)