PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Wars?

Spyder Tony
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
When I bought my new '13 ST-L, the Zumo/Garmin included a feature with a list of all Spyder dealerships US based. I bought my Spyder from Elk Grove Powersports, but about 10-12 miles away is Twin Cities Motorsports. I attended an event at the neighboring Twin Cities Motorsports for the 1st time, so went to bring it up in the list of dealerships in the Zumo...and it wasn't there. Elk Grove Powersports was there, along with many other dealerships all listed from closest proximity to me. I manually typed in the name and searched...but to no avail. I was left wondering if there were actually dealer wars in which Spyders sold out of one dealership would "accidentally" have the neighboring/competing dealership removed from the GPS. Well played Elk Grove Powersports, Well played...

Bob Denman
11-14-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't know if that technology exists :shocked:...
But keep your head low; I heard that the Black Helicopters were circling...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1027.gif

billybovine
11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
When I bought my new '13 ST-L, the Zumo/Garmin included a feature with a list of all Spyder dealerships US based. I bought my Spyder from Elk Grove Powersports, but about 10-12 miles away is Twin Cities Motorsports. I attended an event at the neighboring Twin Cities Motorsports for the 1st time, so went to bring it up in the list of dealerships in the Zumo...and it wasn't there. Elk Grove Powersports was there, along with many other dealerships all listed from closest proximity to me. I manually typed in the name and searched...but to no avail. I was left wondering if there were actually dealer wars in which Spyders sold out of one dealership would "accidentally" have the neighboring/competing dealership removed from the GPS. Well played Elk Grove Powersports, Well played...

Sorry no conspiracy. I far as I can tell the dealer file on the Garmin was created in 2009 or 2010 and never updated. So it will only list dealers from that time. The dealer that sold me my Spyder is not on my Garmin and they have been selling Spyders since 2010.

Dan McNally
11-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I punched in the Spyder Dealership function in my Garmin 660 to go to the dealership where I bought my Spyder . . . . address was correct . . . . but it kept telling me to go south when my dealership was north west . . . I looked at the map and the Garmin was trying to take me to a location near Winchester VA, rather than Berkeley Springs WV, even though the address showed was in Berkeley Springs. If I entered their address manually, if gave the correct directions. I suspect Garmin has some issues with the dealer database they used.

billybovine
11-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Someone created a new dealer file but the link no longer works.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41572-Updated-dealers-list-for-Garmin&highlight=garmin+dealer+file

Wiredux
11-14-2013, 07:27 PM
I'll be updating the link tomorrow.

Trickie Dick
11-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Just get SpyderCodes. They are on there:thumbup:

Wiredux
11-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Spyder Codes don't work in a garmin.

Wiredux
11-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Here is the link got the Garmin GPS file. I will be updating it around feb/mar time frame:
http://www.wiredux.com/gps/Can_Am_Dealers.GPX

Bob Denman
11-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks! :thumbup:
Hopefully :shocked:; I'll have my Limited by then... ;)

Spyder Tony
11-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks Wiredux for reposting the GPX file AND for updating it in Feb/Mar:clap: