PDA

View Full Version : New Easy Install Tensioners with Beltguards Now Available

capt.jim
11-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Smoothspyder Tensioners with built-in Belt Guard are now available.

FITS 2010-2013 RT, 2013 RS-ST-RT, 2011-2013 RS

One Piece powder coated STEEL Bracket with a built in Belt Guard, will not CRACK.

Purpose Built Components for Reliable and Consistent Performance.

Heavy Duty, Fully Adjustable Torsion Spring Tensioner, 2 Maintenance Free Self Lubricating Bronze Bushings.

Grade 8 Hardware includes new 15MM Locknut and Locktite for the shock bolt.

No Drilling or Trimming required, easy 15 Minute Installation.

Additional Spare 3" Idler Pulley Included for a Limited Time ( Jan. 1)

Unconditional Lifetime Warranty on ALL Parts.

30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.

$280.00 Shipping Included

Email jim@smoothspyder.com or send a PM for Purchasing Information or Questions. Thanks for looking.

Barlock
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Looks very impressive. Good job! :thumbup:

RBS66
11-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Nice talking to you today Jim you seem to really have alot of knowledge about your product and spyders. Order placed can't wait to get it. Looks real nice seems really well constructed by the pictures and your description.

hill27
11-13-2013, 08:59 PM
order my today will arrive 11/14 :)

RBS66
11-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi guys I installed the new and improved Smoothspyder on my 2013 RT last week. First off right out-of-the-box I could tell it was built very well has some nice weight to it. Second the installation was pretty straightforward pretty simple. You remove the nut on the bottom of the rear shock bracket, Slide on the new belt tensioner bracket which also acts as a belt guard, Install the new Grade 8 nut that is supplied with Loctite then bolt on the spring and pulley. Set the tension and you're good to go. Now for the test ride. I was having some serious vibrations due to belt slap especially when the bike was underload like going up a hill or riding two up. Sometimes going up a hill I would have to ride in third gear to get rid of the vibrations bike would feel like it was lugging. On highways at highway speeds always had to ride in fourth gear fifth gear would be too much vibration. Well all that is gone now. Now while riding shifting seems much smoother I'm riding in higher gears that I normally used to WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT. Just want to give a shout out to Capt. Jim spoke to him on the phone a couple times very nice gentleman to speak to. Customer service was great I ordered it had it in a few days.

Chupaca
11-24-2013, 07:43 PM
do we get trade in value on the old model..?? :roflblack: hiw long will mine last..?? Very nice the new one is but mine is working fine and untill something gives will hang on to it..:thumbup: