PDA

View Full Version : ARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!.,

tatt2r
11-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Ok so I took bags bracket and trailer hitch off Spyder ...never to see them again ....
took rear peg brackets off to have powder coated .... Now question of the day is ....DID HOUDINI PUT THESE FRONT PEG BRACKETS ON.??? Any buddy take these off can give me any break down in how they come off? On top of being 29 degrees here and I have no heat in my garage ..... So yes I'm getting a bit irritated .....
any help will be grateful ...
thanks in advance ..

SpyderAnn01
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Just think how cold you would be if you weren't irritated. :roflblack: Good luck with your project.

EnjoyingTheRyde
11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry, can't answer your question but I can say that just a few miles away from you my key is frozen in the ignition. Yes, the cold weather is upon us.

kyspyder
11-13-2013, 09:14 PM
They are assembled with a 3M ThreadLocker product and are, as you have found out extremely difficult to remove.
Here is the "official" removal technique.

Is it possible to remove anaerobic adhesives once cured?
Products such as n-propyl bromide, chlorinated solvents or paint stripping solvents can be used to remove anaerobic adhesives. Use appropriate personal protection and follow the manufacturers’ instructions for safe handling of solvents

Hope this helps.

KYSPYDER

JCSMOKE
11-13-2013, 09:34 PM
4 55 gallon drums of elbow grease. 3 tubs of determination. 16 brand new swear words. 2 broken tools. Three band aids. This was my list of needs for taking mine off, and I was in a 60 degree warehouse. They can be taken off, but the determination is key.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Ok so I took bags bracket and trailer hitch off Spyder ...never to see them again ....
took rear peg brackets off to have powder coated .... Now question of the day is ....DID HOUDINI PUT THESE FRONT PEG BRACKETS ON.??? Any buddy take these off can give me any break down in how they come off? On top of being 29 degrees here and I have no heat in my garage ..... So yes I'm getting a bit irritated .....
thanks in advance ..

I'll bet you arn't referring to the OEM peg Brackets........But if you are the PEGS are held in by the pin....underneath is a circlip.....you remove that and the pin comes up and out..........I would spread a big sheet under the Spyder and pull it up over the seat, because when you pop that circlip off it's gonna fly.....Don't ask why I know this :gaah: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:.....Mike :thumbup:

SpyRyd
11-14-2013, 05:10 AM
thanks in advance ..

Not sure on your '08 but I removed the pegs on my '12 RT SE5 and it felt like the left peg was welded on. Learned about the thread locker here on SL. Sprayed the nut and bolt threads with WD40 several times and let it soak between sprays. The WD40 dissolved the thread locker and the then the nut was very easy to remove. The right peg bolt did not have the locker on it. Hope this helps.

Bob Denman
11-14-2013, 08:22 AM
4 55 gallon drums of elbow grease. 3 tubs of determination. 16 brand new swear words. 2 broken tools. Three band aids. This was my list of needs for taking mine off, and I was in a 60 degree warehouse. They can be taken off, but the determination is key.
Do you have ot order this stuff through Matco; or can I get them all from JC Whitney?? :shocked: :D

tatt2r
11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
I'll bet you arn't referring to the OEM peg Brackets........But if you are the PEGS are held in by the pin....underneath is a circlip.....you remove that and the pin comes up and out..........I would spread a big sheet under the Spyder and pull it up over the seat, because when you pop that circlip off it's gonna fly.....Don't ask why I know this :gaah: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:.....Mike :thumbup:

Brackets ...not pegs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
11-14-2013, 02:58 PM
When I removed the ones off of my RT; I took an electric soldering pencil, and put a little heat to it first... :thumbup:

billybovine
11-14-2013, 04:49 PM
If I understand what your talking about it should be 3 bolts.

JCSMOKE
11-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Do you have ot order this stuff through Matco; or can I get them all from JC Whitney?? :shocked: :D
Available at both but Whitney has a rewards program I think.

MikeinGA
11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
If the thread locker is a medium strength, heat the bolt to 300 deg. F. This will make the thread locker weaken and the bolt will come out easier. After the bolt cools use WD40 and then try to remove the bolt. That's IMHO.

Mike

Bob Denman
11-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Available at both but Whitney has a rewards program I think.

Ordering today... :D

tatt2r
11-16-2013, 10:42 AM
If I understand what your talking about it should be 3 bolts.

Thanks bill do you have pic of right side bracket also ? They are a bit different

billybovine
11-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks bill do you have pic of right side bracket also ? They are a bit different

I assumed left and right are the symmetrical. Guess not.
Here is the right side.

You can look it up for yourself if the view I gave you does not work. I get get this pic from http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/ hover over OWNERS, hover over PARTS & ACCESSORIES, click on PARTS CATALOG. From there choose your year and type of Spyder. Then choose the exploded parts view that may contain the info you want. The titles are a bit cryptic, but you should quickly figure it out.

tatt2r
11-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I assumed left and right are the symmetrical. Guess not.
Here is the right side.

You can look it up for yourself if the view I gave you does not work. I get get this pic from http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/ hover over OWNERS, hover over PARTS & ACCESSORIES, click on PARTS CATALOG. From there choose your year and type of Spyder. Then choose the exploded parts view that may contain the info you want. The titles are a bit cryptic, but you should quickly figure it out.

Thank you