PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Weights?

scarecrow
11-13-2013, 01:06 PM
how many do you have?79071

Cruzr Joe
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Not anywhere near that many, did you have to pay extra freight for them?

Cruzr Joe

RBS66
11-13-2013, 02:50 PM
My front left had 18 and my right had 8. I took it to the dealer and they spun balanced both now my front left has 8 and the right has 5. They had to rotate the tire on the rim because the heavy side was not correct.

scarecrow
11-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Only three on the other wheel. Makes you wonder who balanced the wheels? Was it done in the factory or the dealership where I bought the :spyder2:?

It goes in for its 600 mile service next week. I'll have to point that out.

3 Wheel Addict
11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Only three on the other wheel. Makes you wonder who balanced the wheels? Was it done in the factory or the dealership where I bought the :spyder2:?

Yep, make them fix that! Or replace that tire. As stated above they can break it down and rotate the tire 180 degrees and check the balance again. Stuffing on all that weight is a quick fix for a sloppy install.

bill pitman
11-13-2013, 04:40 PM

The dealer should definitely remedy this for you...
You can also try to find a tire dealer who has a "Hunter RoadForce" balancing machine.
With that system, it is possible to balance both the rim and the tire. By checking both components, it is then possible to mate them up so that minimal weights are needed.

Bill

billybovine
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
My front left had 18 and my right had 8. I took it to the dealer and they spun balanced both now my front left has 8 and the right has 5. They had to rotate the tire on the rim because the heavy side was not correct.

You beat me. I only have 17 and 3.

flybuddy
11-13-2013, 05:44 PM
I had a LOT of them on the OEM front tires...Replaced with larger car tires and now there are only 3 on one side and 5 on the other.

AeroPilot
11-17-2013, 09:44 AM
I had a LOT of them on the OEM front tires...Replaced with larger car tires and now there are only 3 on one side and 5 on the other.

I static balanced the rear Kumho ecsta with 4 weights when Discount Tire said they couldnt spin the rear wheel on their machine and then added RIDE ON. The fronts have 1 and 4 weights and RIDE ON from the dealer with about 13000 miles and all seems smooth.

Spyderdale
11-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I had a LOT of them on the OEM front tires...Replaced with larger car tires and now there are only 3 on one side and 5 on the other.What brand of front tire did you use ? I am seriously considering getting rid of the Kendas. My RT is a 2013 with 15" wheels.