PDA

View Full Version : Installed Micron Carbon Fibre Exhaust

Rokonman
07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Replaced my stock muffler at 6,000 miles with NoMagic Micron Carbon Fibre and 90 degree pipe. Looks and sounds great. Easy install. Replaced gasket but the old one looked good.

Attached picture shows the installed can. Talked to NoMagic about the discoloration at the front of the muffler. He said, 1- there are no more carbon fiber mufflers from Micron (they lost their carbon fibre supplier) and 2- Micron says to expect the carbon fiber to "season." I'm OK with it as long as there isn't a failure of the can itself. Any comments?

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20080716/0/6/9/0690fd617659aa220e3ba59111650e190_large.jpg

sleepman
07-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Looks like typical bluing on the muffler to me. I'm not real familiar with carbon fiber cans, but on my old HD when I changed the mufflers it leaned the bike out a little more and I got some bluing, NoMagic is right it's nothing I'd worry about.

Wheelz
07-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I just did the same setup but also added the Evoluzion's air filter and o2 modifier. Are you noticing any type of "bogging" off the bottom end of the powerband? As when downshifting and then accelerating?

AMTJIM
07-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Looks great, the glossy glaze discoloration is very normal. Even the matte finish discolors a little.

bjt
07-16-2008, 04:05 PM
I just did the same setup but also added the Evoluzion's air filter and o2 modifier. Are you noticing any type of "bogging" off the bottom end of the powerband? As when downshifting and then accelerating?

First, welcome

Now on to business. How many miles did you have on your Spyder before you replaced the muffler and add the performance filter and O2 modifier? The Spyder "learns" how to run the engine over time and if you make those changes, it takes time to unlearn the old settings and learn new ones. A few people have posted that they disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes after making these types of mods so the computer will lose the stored settings and relearn new setting much quicker. I did not do that and it took a few hundred miles before my Spyder started running smoother with the new exhaust and performance filter (no O2 modifier).

Rokonman
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM

Runs like a bandit. I didn't change the filter or add the O2 sensor. What are those suppost to do for ya?

Wheelz
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Ah, that's what I've should've done...I replaced this stuff as soon as I got the Spyder (within 100 miles) But it just went into its 600mi service and the tech said it's running too lean hence the problem. I'll try unplugging the battery and see what happens. Thanks!

First,
Now on to business. How many miles did you have on your Spyder before you replaced the muffler and add the performance filter and O2 modifier? The Spyder "learns" how to run the engine over time and if you make those changes, it takes time to unlearn the old settings and learn new ones. A few people have posted that they disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes after making these types of mods so the computer will lose the stored settings and relearn new setting much quicker. I did not do that and it took a few hundred miles before my Spyder started running smoother with the new exhaust and performance filter (no O2 modifier).

Dyno824
07-19-2008, 05:22 PM
If it makes you feel any better that picture is a spittin image of mine (carbon fiber).Will try and figure out how to post a attachment.Says i cant post a attachment.Anybody know how to unable that feature please.Den

Dyno824
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
http://www.putfile.com/dyno824/albums