PDA

View Full Version : OUTLAW Laser Alignment in Atlanta (Lawrenceville)

MarkLawson
11-11-2013, 04:53 PM
The OUTLAW/ROLO Laser Alignment folks will be in Lawrenceville, GA on Friday & Saturday, November 22nd & 23rd (the weekend before Thanksgiving) at:

Full Throttle Corvettes
2784 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, GA

That's the corner of Sugar Loaf and Highway 124 (Scenic Highway) between Snellville & Lawrenceville.

They are making appointments and have many open slots, so give them a shout to schedule your Spyder's alignment. Cost is $130.00 cash, which includes BUDS steering sensor reset.

For appointments email Kristal at: sales@spydercomfort.com or call 386-427-8522

I'm having my wife's GS & my RT done on Saturday @ 10:00. Hope to see you there! :thumbup:

Here's a link to their thread...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?60335-ATLANTA-OUTLAW-LASER-ALIGNS-COMING-TO-YOU

gftempl
11-12-2013, 08:32 AM
So far only a few have signed up. Krista needs more clients to meet costs. Now's the time to get your wheels set up straight! Send an email to Krista and sing up.

TuckMiddle
11-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Got mine Sked for 11:30 on Friday
Tuck

Cavman
11-16-2013, 11:35 PM
I have to get my Spyder back and get the new rear tire put on before I can get the laser alignment. It would be a waste of money to have it done and then remove the rear wheel for the tire change. Aligning the rear wheel is one of the first things they do in the alignment process.
I saw the cool video on how the process is done.

MikeinGA
11-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I have to get my Spyder back and get the new rear tire put on before I can get the laser alignment. It would be a waste of money to have it done and then remove the rear wheel for the tire change. Aligning the rear wheel is one of the first things they do in the alignment process.
I saw the cool video on how the process is done.

I bought a 36mm Jumbo Combination Ratcheting Wrench. I cut reshaped the cotter pin so I don't need to remove the cotter pin when I set up the belt and get the rear wheel in alignment. Next year front wheel alignment.

Mike

MarkLawson
11-17-2013, 03:05 PM
They said that if you don't need an alignment, they'll know within the first 10 minutes & there will be NO CHARGE.

So... If you don't know if you need it or not & don't want to spend the money for nothing, you have nothing to worry about.

Also, if you have GloRyder wheel lights installed, please remove them completely before coming to your appointment. Their laser device mounts in the same center wheel area the GloRyders bracket does. It must be removed first.

One other thing, your drive belt must be aligned first because the front wheels are precisely aligned to the rear wheel. Changing the rear wheel alignment afterwards would decrease the accuracy of the front wheels alignment.

TuckMiddle
11-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Had the ROLO Laser thing done today. My Spyder handled pretty well already, but lots of folks said it improves even a good setup. So, lots of folks are right. It does indeed improve the handling and doesn't even take an hour. I'm really glad I had it done. I was amazed that it was off quite a bit, I was half way thinking it wouldn't need any adjustment, shows what I know. Those folks are in Lawrenceville tomorrow also, Mark made a note up above.
AND
So how much of a pain can changing a headlight bulb be? Plenty.
First of all, my owners manual says the bulb for my 2011 RTSM5 is HB3 65 watt. None in the auto parts stores here in Canton. I checked with Harrison, the parts Geru with Freedom in Kennesaw and he says his parts book says it's an H9. So I buy an H9. Wrong answer. Different size bulb and the socket is different, so you can't just shove it in there! Call Harrison, he ordered the H9, per his parts program and what does BRP send him? HB3 60 watt bulbs, which is what my old one was, not 65, per owners manual. So I go down to Kennesaw, 50 miles each
way, bring it home and go through the hell of tearing off the front panels, removing the whole headlight assembly on the right side and install the bulb. I had played my iPod while doing this project - key on, key off and push mode and signal light sw and by some quirk of fate the iPod works. In my case, I also got a quickly disappearing "limp home"" message. I didn't like that, but what the heck, I haven't had any messages lately, so I didn't think anything more about it, until the bike wouldn't start, but the bulb works. Batt is good, on bat tender all the time, shut off sw on, key out and 30 feet away for 30 minutes, etc . Finally this morning, after Mitch, Freedom Spyder tech, texted me to check fuel pump, I pulled the fuse and relay in the front and stared at them and reinserted both and bike starts. I should have remembered to check those, fuse and relay checking are mentioned a lot on this forum. Anyway, my heavy Mx is done for the winter, time to get back to riding. Oh, I'm never pushing mode and turn sig buttons at the same time again, no idea why limp home came up for a milli-second.
:cheers:
Tuck

MarkLawson
11-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Tuck, I just missed you as I showed up around 12:45 today. Had both mine and Mary Lou's aligned. Mine was off, but hers was off a ton, almost 2" on the left rear chart. When they got it aligned and went into BUDS, it was about 3.5 degrees to the left before he re-centered it. 4 degrees throws a code, so I'm glad they do that part. When I got to the light at that corner & turned left, it startled me with how effortless the steering was. I actually thought I was sliding on ice for a split seconds because there was no resistance in the handlebars to the turn. Obviously at 60+ degrees temp and dry conditions, there was no ice around and the Spyder was not sliding but rolled through the corner with no problem.

As best as I could understand, the rear wheel is aligned to the drivetrain, as evidenced by the belt alignment. Now the two front wheels are aligned to the rear & the DPS is now 'aligned' to the fronts. Everything is now rolling freely.

Very pleased and satisfied! Mike & Krystal are fine people & I am blessed to have met them.

Oh, I don't think they'll be back in Lawrenceville tomorrow. Full Throttle Corvette is closed. They did have a guy call them last night who lives closer to Milton, where they are staying tonight, so they'll do his tomorrow in Milton before heading to SC tomorrow.

TuckMiddle
11-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Sorry I missed you
One side of my front tires was pretty close , but the other was 3 degrees off. It rode fine, but I know it's better now
Have a good Thanksgiving
Tuck

Cavman
12-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Darcy, Hazel and I got my rear tire changed over a week ago. What a challenging time that was. I wasn't up to riding three hours over to the Birmingham area and back for a laser alignment with the bad weather. So, I will be looking to getting it done some time soon that is more local.

Cavman
12-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Well, since there looks like there is no interest in having Lamont and Harvey come to the Atlanta area to do some more alignments, I guess I'll be heading over to Alabama to get mine done?

MarkLawson
12-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Well, since there looks like there is no interest in having Lamont and Harvey come to the Atlanta area to do some more alignments, I guess I'll be heading over to Alabama to get mine done?

...and what did YOU do to find out about this lack of interest?

Cavman
12-28-2013, 10:43 PM
I posted this last week. Got no replys? Just lots of looks at the posting. I can understand if no one has a place to provide for Lamont and Harvey to do alignments. I don't have a place either.
So, I'm guessing there is no interest as there were no replies? Just a guess on my part.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?61359-Laser-Alignment-gathering

MarkLawson
12-29-2013, 10:13 PM
I apologize as I completely missed your post. I even went to your posts list and missed it there before asking what you had done. I was disappointed with the response OUTLAW had in the Atlanta area, so am not surprised with your lack of response.