PDA

View Full Version : just came back from a 2500 mile trip

epiphysis
11-10-2013, 10:04 PM
I went to Dauphin Island, Alabama for a medical conference and decided since the Spyder needed some miles I would take her. except for the battery dying after I walked away with the key turned on, she performed flawlessly!! I learned some things about her and got to appreciate her much better. I filled the trailer because I was unsure of the weather in either direction and turns out I was right.....I had shorts and heated gear!! It was a great trip....learned a lot and had a wonderful time on the bike!! prior to the trip, I modified the GPS stand so I could see it better......I am 6'3......I will post it soon! I love long rides and this one will certainly go down and one of the best!!

hill27
11-10-2013, 10:08 PM
sound like you had a great time.:thumbup:

Magdave
11-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I went to Dauphin Island, Alabama for a medical conference and decided since the Spyder needed some miles I would take her. except for the battery dying after I walked away with the key turned on, she performed flawlessly!! I learned some things about her and got to appreciate her much better. I filled the trailer because I was unsure of the weather in either direction and turns out I was right.....I had shorts and heated gear!! It was a great trip....learned a lot and had a wonderful time on the bike!! prior to the trip, I modified the GPS stand so I could see it better......I am 6'3......I will post it soon! I love long rides and this one will certainly go down and one of the best!!
:thumbup: I am from Warren. Did you take the WV Turnpike? I am planning a ride from Myrtle Beach back home sometime in the spring so I am interested in the route you took.:popcorn:

SNOOPY
11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Wow, being a new rider, I can't even imagine riding that far. Getting use to a twist throttle is killing my hand after an hour or so. LOL

SpyderAnn01
11-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I love having the trailer you don't even know it's back there and being able to bring as many coats as you want is awesome

Glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope you get to make many more

epiphysis
11-10-2013, 10:53 PM
:thumbup: I am from Warren. Did you take the WV Turnpike? I am planning a ride from Myrtle Beach back home sometime in the spring so I am interested in the route you took.:popcorn:

I did go on the WV turnpike......it was no problem......I actually did much of it after dark!! I just rode a little slower when necessary!!! My daughter lives in Buford, Ga.......I went a back way from her home.....and ended up on Rt 77....a great road because it's not heavily traveled!! there's plenty of gas stations!!

I had a wonderful time......I would take the Spyder anywhere!! it's a great conversation piece.....people constantly came up to me to talk about it!!

Magdave
11-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I did go on the WV turnpike...... I just rode a little slower when necessary!!!

:doorag: That road scares me in a cage at the top :yikes: I have driven it many times but not on a Spyder the curves seem to banked the wrong way up there to me. I am debating taking the WV TP or I81 to the Pa TP. Both have plenty of twisties for sure. Glad you had a good ride and it looks like you got home at the right time it's gonna get a bit chilly up there. Heck we are gonna have frost this week down here :thumbup:

Chupaca
11-11-2013, 12:07 AM
always nice to hear of sucessful trips. Glad you made it safe and sound. Must have been a great trip from what you have said. I'm sure your looking forwar to the next one...we always are..!! :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
11-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Glad you had a great trip, the trailer is always a great item because you can carry so many items. Thanks for a good report

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ARtraveler
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Glad to hear you had a great trip. :thumbup::thumbup:

epiphysis
11-11-2013, 02:58 PM
thanks everyone!! :yes:

Wiredux
11-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Glad you had a great trip. I live for the long rides. Cant wait till I have my trailer all set up.