PDA

View Full Version : Rotella T6 full synthetic 5-40

MrBones
11-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Not about my Spyder but my wifes Yamaha 650. I changed her oil and used the above, put 2K on then I noticed a small sign that said it is heavy duty diesel oil. Will this cause a problem? Should I change it again? Will really have to read closer next time. Thanks for any help you can give.

beanoil
11-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Not about my Spyder but my wifes Yamaha 650. I changed her oil and used the above, put 2K on then I noticed a small sign that said it is heavy duty diesel oil. Will this cause a problem? Should I change it again? Will really have to read closer next time. Thanks for any help you can give. Nope, you are fine. But after 2k, the oil has probably sheared to a 30 weight. As long as you are reading the bottle, take note that Rotella is JASO MA, which is fine for your Yammies clutch. Run the 15w40 next time, it's a little better at staying in grade.

NancysToy
11-10-2013, 01:26 PM
I would probably worry more about the viscosity than the oil type. Is that light an oil what is recommended for the Yammie?

jcthorne
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
What is it about the Spyder SE clutch that makes this oil not useable when it works fine for other bikes with wet clutches? Have used it for years in Harley's and many other vehicles. The 5W40 is a full synthetic, the 15w40 is not. Both have nearly the same viscosity at 100 deg C.

OldCowboy
11-10-2013, 04:56 PM
All 40 weight oils will fall into the same viscosity range at 100C. Doesn't matter whether they're 0W40, 5W40, 10W40, 15W40 or straight 40 weight. The xxW portion of the rating denotes cold temperature flow characteristics.

I think the issue with Rotella T6 is that it is also SM rated, which indicates the additive package has friction modifiers that BRP feels are incompatible with the Spyder clutch.

johnwinslow
11-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Not about my Spyder but my wifes Yamaha 650. I changed her oil and used the above, put 2K on then I noticed a small sign that said it is heavy duty diesel oil. Will this cause a problem? Should I change it again? Will really have to read closer next time. Thanks for any help you can give.
T6 rotella from shell, I use it in my rt and I used it in my meanstreak, I called shell and they said it would not cause my clutch to slip and it meets all of can am's requirements. 70,000 on my meanstreak 18,000 on my rt all is a ok, imo

billybovine
11-10-2013, 07:52 PM
T6 rotella from shell, I use it in my rt and I used it in my meanstreak, I called shell and they said it would not cause my clutch to slip and it meets all of can am's requirements. 70,000 on my meanstreak 18,000 on my rt all is a ok, imo

As has been repeated over and over again. In your owners manual it warns not to use any oil rated SM. Since Rottella T6 is rated SM and since there are lots of choices that are not. Why not choose something else? When you called Shell did you tell them that your owners manual warned you not to use SM rated oil and then did they tell you to disregard the manufactures guidelines?

epiphysis
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I am using it in my VTX 1300.......many on the VTX site use it......haven't done an oil change myself on the Spyder, but thinking about it soon.

MrBones
11-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the replies. Relieves my mind,:2thumbs: I have used it for years in my Valkyrie but it didn't have the diesel sign. And Scotty yep Yamaha says 40W.

johnwinslow
11-11-2013, 12:29 PM
http://www.post610.org/truth_about_motorcycle_oils.htm http://lubematch.shell.com/us/en_US/equipment/spyder_rt_se5_roadster_075559 try both sites first is a lot of interesting reading the second is from the shell site and they make motorcycle specific oil.

billybovine
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
http://www.post610.org/truth_about_motorcycle_oils.htm

Did you actually read the whole link you posted. It is out of date and does not reference the API designation of SM. It also warns that you take the risk for clutch slippage if you use SJ oil because of friction modifiers and the author actually recommends using an inexpensive synthetic motorcycle oils which is exempt from using friction modifiers in the SJ spec. So thank you for posting a link that proves my point.

The reason I keep harping on this subject is that before I knew any better I use Rottella T6 once following recommendations from folks like you and seeing that it meet the JASO MA spec for clutch slippage. Well the clutch started slipping in my 09 GS under hard acceleration. At first I felt something different but was not sure but suspected maybe the clutch was slipping but when I got the Transmission Failure warning I knew. With only 700 miles on that oil I dumped the oil and changed filters. After the oil change it still took a couple hundred miles before the feeling of slippage went away.

Now you can use what ever oil you want that is your choice. You may not drive aggressively and notice a problem. But if you recommend an oil that I tried and had a problem with and BRP tells you not to use, I have to speak up.

BajaRon
11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
The Spyder clutch seems to be more susceptible to clutch slippage than most wet clutch motorcycles. It could be the clutch compounds BRP is using, lower clutch pressure (to make the clutch easier to pull) or a combination of things. BRP designed this clutch mechanism to work well within the designated specifications for lubrication. Outside of that, you're on your own.

Several people have experienced clutch slippage with their Spyder using oil that works fine in another wet clutch machine. This includes Rotella.

When you see a JASO MA rated oil, this does not indicate a point on a chart for slippage characteristics. Instead, it means that the oil falls within a spread on the slippage chart. It could be at the very bottom of the MA rating or it could be near the top of the MA rating. They are not going to tell you that.

JASO MA2 rated oils are better at preventing clutch slippage and start where the MA (or more accurately MA1) oils stop. /_______________MA1________________/_________________MA2_________________/ So you can see that there is quite a difference between oils at the low end of the MA spread and oils at the top of the MA2 spread.

One of the reasons I use Amsoil is because it is near the top of the MA2 rating which gives me great protection against clutch slippage as well as superior lubrication of engine and transmission components.

Slippage can be inciduous, especially if you do not ride aggressively. You can be getting some without necessarily knowing it until you need a new clutch pack. A more aggressive rider, or one that is heavily loaded (like pulling a trailer or riding 2 up) will usually discover clutch slippage pretty quickly.

spyder stryder
02-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Anyone running this oil in a 1330 ?
If so have you had it tested ?

spyder stryder

Mango Man
02-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Along those lines...what oil is best for the 1330?
I was at a bike show yesterday and a guy was trying to sell me on Spectro Full Synth Platinum 4 oil in 10w40.
I didn't buy.
What say ye?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

irvin48
02-26-2017, 11:56 AM
im waiting too.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

fjray
02-26-2017, 12:17 PM
Oh boy another oil thread. If you use an oil no matter what brand that meets the specs for your engine and change it on a regular schedule You will Not have an oil related failure. My personal favorites are Delo 400 and Rotella. Cheap and available anywhere.

KX5062
02-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Along those lines...what oil is best for the 1330?
I was at a bike show yesterday and a guy was trying to sell me on Spectro Full Synth Platinum 4 oil in 10w40.
I didn't buy.
What say ye?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What I say is irrelevant, however, that is an excellent product.

Highwayman2013
02-26-2017, 01:24 PM
I have used T6 in other bikes and it was fine. It is Jaso MA. I think Blueknight911 uses it in his 2014.

MurrayBrown
02-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Anyone running this oil in a 1330 ?If so have you had it tested ? spyder stryder

You are treading in deep water opening up a can of worms like "oil". Hahahaha!
Regardless, I have used Rotella T6 in all of my motorcycles and now in my 2014 ST Limited. That is not the 1330 engine, I know, but I am willing to bet that Rotella T6 meetx/exceeds all BRP specifications for the 1330.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-26-2017, 04:26 PM
I have used T6 in other bikes and it was fine. It is Jaso MA. I think Blueknight911 uses it in his 2014.
I did once , it was OK ..... Then I discovered Valvoline 4 stroke full syn 10w/40 ( this is JASO Ma2 & has the second lowest amount of Moly in it - only Amsoil has less - Moly is BAD for our clutches ) ..... the Valvoline was actually cheaper at Wally world than the Rotella ....... Mike :thumbup:

SPYD3R
02-26-2017, 05:12 PM
why all the commotion about oils....?
just use the BRP Oil Kit... you can get the 1330 Kit online for around $80, and it includes the o-rings, filters, etc... that way there is NO guessing as to whether it's good or not....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-New-OEM-Spyder-Roadster-1330cc-XPS-Oil-Change-Filter-Kit-219800356-/400893993019?hash=item5d5724e03b:g:eUkAAOSwNSxVFvx g&vxp=mtr
Dan P
SPYD3R

Highwayman2013
02-26-2017, 06:35 PM
I did once , it was OK ..... Then I discovered Valvoline 4 stroke full syn 10w/40 ( this is JASO Ma2 & has the second lowest amount of Moly in it - only Amsoil has less - Moly is BAD for our clutches ) ..... the Valvoline was actually cheaper at Wally world than the Rotella ....... Mike :thumbup:

I'm going to try Amsoil after the break in on the 1330.

jcthorne
02-27-2017, 09:42 AM
Anyone running this oil in a 1330 ?
If so have you had it tested ?

spyder stryder

Yes,Yes
and it meets all BRP specs for the 1330 bikes. Its what we stock for oil changes at our shop. It also seems to really smooth out the trans as well vs vs the BRP oil.

Chupaca
02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
If it meets the specifications set by the manufacturer.....then your good to go. If you have doubts use BRP's oils....:thumbup:

tip
02-27-2017, 10:20 AM
I haven't heard anything about the Rotella T 4 yet?

bscrive
02-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Yes,Yes
and it meets all BRP specs for the 1330 bikes. Its what we stock for oil changes at our shop. It also seems to really smooth out the trans as well vs vs the BRP oil.

Thanks for the information on this JC. I went and looked at Rotella specs and they are Jaso ma2 compliant now for the T6. I'm going to go and get a job at Wally World and order some filters from Ron. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-27-2017, 07:18 PM
I haven't heard anything about the Rotella T 4 yet?
You can get all the particulars if you go to their web site ....... It doesn't say what kind of OIL it is ..... only the 15w/40 is jaso ma rated not the 10w/30 ......... and it's directed towards diesel owners ..... I'd stick with the full Syn T-6 ....jmho .... but I think the Valvoline is better because of the extremely low Moly ....... Mike :thumbup:

PMK
02-27-2017, 07:50 PM
DrewNJ posted a link to this great article that rated oils in a very controlled, evenly compared method. The author does this type of analysis for the industry. I reduced the number of entries to the ones that are commonly discussed.

This is a very valid rating system / test process. M

Maybe Drew can post the link again, it is a long read in full length but good reading if you are into it.

Lower ranked oils are not necessarily “bad”, they simply don’t provide as much wear protection capability as higher ranked oils. If you have been running a low ranked oil in your engine without issue, that does not mean you have switch to a different oil, and it also does not mean you were using a great oil. It only means that your engine’s wear protection needs have not exceeded that oil’s capability. And as long as your engine’s needs don’t exceed that oil’s capability, you will never have a problem. But, if unexpected circumstances come up that make your engine’s needs exceed that oil’s capability, such as an overheating condition, an oiling condition, a loading condition, some parts heading south, or whatever, your engine can end up junk. But, if you’d been using an oil with a much higher capability, it could still provide enough extra protection to save your engine. So, each person has to decide for themselves, which motor oil provides the wear protection capability they are comfortable with, for any given engine build.

For the test results in the Wear Protection Ranking List, the HIGHER the psi value, the BETTER the wear protection. And this applies to ALL engines, including ANY High Performance flat tappet engine. An easy way to use this ranking list, is to find an oil you are familiar with, then look at the oils ranked higher, which provide better wear protection, and look at oils ranked lower, which provide less wear protection.

You cannot advance your knowledge into the future by clinging to the incorrect thinking of the past. This is the 21st Century, and we no longer have to guess or use trial and error to decide on which oil to use. Now, we have documented wear test data available. So the future is here, and all we have to do is look at the Ranking List, to choose an oil that provides a wear protection capability level we are comfortable with for any given build.

The “Wear Protection” test data here DIRECTLY APPLIES to flat tappet lobe/lifter interfaces (no matter how wicked the engine), pushrod tip/rocker arm interfaces, non-roller tip rocker arm/valve stem tip interfaces, distributor gear/cam gear interfaces, mechanical fuel pump pushrod tip/cam eccentric interfaces, and all highly loaded engine interfaces.

Traditional 15W40 and 5W40 Diesel oils formulated for big trucks and heavy equipment, rank overall between number 33 and 165. But, if you omit the highest ranked traditional Diesel oil which is FAR, FAR MORE CAPABLE than all the other traditional Diesel oils, the rest only rank between 96 and 165. The poor wear protection performance of all but the one particular top ranked Diesel oil, makes it very clear that in general, Diesel oils are a poor choice for High Performance gas engines.

So, as you can see, oil viscosity plays no particular role in an oil’s wear protection capability. As mentioned above, an oil’s wear protection capability is determined by its base oil and its additive package “as a whole”, with the primary emphasis on the additive package, which contains the extreme pressure anti-wear components, which has nothing to do with viscosity.

I generally recommend that people choose a highly ranked motor oil to begin with, since highly ranked oils don’t need any additional help. And to use that oil just as it comes, right out of the bottle, with NO aftermarket additives at all. However, there is also data included below from testing a several different aftermarket motor oil additives, for informational purposes only, just to show how these additives actually work compared to their claims. But, I do NOT endorse them nor recommend their use.

FOR THE RECORD, I am NOT connected in any way to the Motor Oil or Aftermarket Additive Industry. I have absolutely no interest in what products people choose to use. So, I DO NOT promote any particular brand. I only share the results that come out of my Engineering tests, good or bad.The Wear Protection reference categories are:
• Over 105,000 psi = INCREDIBLE wear protection
• 90,000 to 105,000 psi = OUTSTANDING wear protection
• 75,000 to 90,000 psi = GOOD wear protection
• 60,000 to 75,000 psi = MODEST wear protection
• Below 60,000 psi = UNDESIRABLE wear protection
The HIGHER the psi value, the BETTER the Wear Protection.

#67. 10W40 Mobil 1 Racing 4T, four stroke Motorcycle oil, synthetic = 93,661 psi
This oil claims to meet or exceed API SN.zinc = TBD
phos = TBD
moly = TBD

#130. 5W40 MOBIL 1 TURBO DIESEL TRUCK synthetic, API CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4 and ACEA E7 = 74,312 psi
zinc = 1211 ppm
phos = 1168 ppm
moly = 2 ppm

#161. 5W40 SHELL ROTELLA T6 Diesel Oil, synthetic, API CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, SM, SL = 67,804 psi
zinc = TBD
phos = TBD
moly = TBD

#169. 10W40 Valvoline 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil, API SJ, conventional = 65,553 psi
zinc = 1154 ppm
phos = 1075 ppm
moly = 0 ppm

#182. 10W40 Spectro Motor-Guard High Performance Motorcycle Oil, API SL, conventional = 57,977 psi
zinc = 1800 ppm (claimed on bottle)
phos = 1800 ppm (claimed on bottle)
moly = TBD

PMK
02-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Giving credit for the above article quote. Full length link below.

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Interesting that the Valvoline and Spectro tested were NOT THEIR SYNTHETIC oils ..... but all the rest WERE ...... and what was all the TBD about ..... To Be Determined ????? .............. just some thoughts ........ Mike :thumbup:

El Spanky
02-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Synthetic is not all Synthetic.... Class III or Class IV oil.. Class III before 1999 would just be normal oil.. Class IV still is Ester oil. Just make sure it is JASO MA.

Deanna777
02-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Valvoline 4T stroke Full synthetic oil SAE 10W -40, Superior wet clutch protection, Exceeds API SERVICES, SJ/SG/SF, JASO MA2. For performance trusted by motorcycle owners and race teams around the world, use Valvoline motorcycle oil. Its formulated for the specific needs of motorcycles, including high temperatures, high RPM's and wet clutch systems.

*** Excellent wear & corrosion protection to help keep the engine performing its best***

** Outstanding wet clutch protection for maximum power transfer & smooth shifting**.

I use this oil in my 2014RTS-SE6 :spyder2:.

This is my 2nd season with the Valvoline 4T stroke Full synthetic oil SAE 10W- 40.

Deanna

spyder stryder
03-01-2017, 11:19 PM
What I really wanted to know is if anyone using it had it tested & how
it compares to amsoil.
Thanks

PMK
03-02-2017, 06:22 AM
What I really wanted to know is if anyone using it had it tested & how
it compares to amsoil.
Thanks

if you take the time to research the link I posted, there are hundreds of oils tested for wear results. The author has no ties to any oil companies, so the data should be independent.

A long while back, there was a topic where oil was tested. In general, most agreed the oil sheared enough by 5000 miles that it could be considered a reasonable change interval. The 5000 mile point shearing will save the gearbox more than the engine.

As for Amsoil, some here do use it, others like myself use Mobil 1 motorcycle oil, others us the T6, and some run BRP oil, from reading these posts people even use the Valvoline. The common point being, we are not reading many stories about wear, or steel on the drain plug, so they all seem to be acceptable in a 1330 engine. The most noticable benefit will be smoother shifting.

ned64
08-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Hi dont know if this has been posted before. I was in O'Reilly auto parts today an in their flier they have Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic one gallon jug on sale for
$26.99 After $7 mail in rebate makes it $ 19.99 a gallon. Limit 4 rebates per household.

pegasus1300
08-02-2018, 09:17 PM
That is a really good price on a really good oil. Thanks for the heads up. Mike aren't we about due for a sale on the Valvoline T4 synthetic?

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Hi dont know if this has been posted before. I was in O'Reilly auto parts today an in their flier they have Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic one gallon jug on sale for
$26.99 After $7 mail in rebate makes it $ 19.99 a gallon. Limit 4 rebates per household.
Another source is Walmart on sale now $ 19.99 minus rebate = $12.99 ........Mike:thumbup:

pegasus1300
08-02-2018, 09:32 PM
WOW:yikes: Time to stock up

pegasus1300
08-02-2018, 09:52 PM
I wonder if they will still honor the rebate on the walmart ptice. Guess I`ll find out.

jstjohnz
08-03-2018, 12:16 AM
Also $20 on Amazon.

r1100rider
08-03-2018, 01:04 AM
My. Ktm site is saying that they have changed the formula and it mite not still be m/c wet clutch rated I hope not because it has been the Best Buy and can be used in most everything

PW2013STL
08-03-2018, 04:07 AM
I wonder if they will still honor the rebate on the walmart ptice. Guess I`ll find out.

I just received my rebate check for my purchase from Walmart, so you should be able to.

Bensonoid
08-03-2018, 04:51 AM
That is a really good price on a really good oil. Thanks for the heads up. Mike aren't we about due for a sale on the Valvoline T4 synthetic?
I gave up on Valvoline going on sale again and bought 4 gal. of Rotella.

jcthorne
08-03-2018, 05:04 AM

Amazon carries it for $22 every day and routinely puts it on sale for 19. Rebate still valid as well.

jcthorne
08-03-2018, 05:09 AM
My. Ktm site is saying that they have changed the formula and it mite not still be m/c wet clutch rated I hope not because it has been the Best Buy and can be used in most everything

Rest easy. Here is the current product data sheet straight from Shell. Still JASO MA2 rated.

https://rotella.shell.com/products/full-synthetic-and-blend-oil/t6-full-synthetic/_jcr_content/productDetails.stream/1506811860834/b1efec99b9e83f216e38df79c5353f4c43d17a2677da8dd084 00c13d51318343/t6-5w-40.pdf

quasi
08-03-2018, 05:34 AM
Rest easy. Here is the current product data sheet straight from Shell. Still JASO MA2 rated.

https://rotella.shell.com/products/full-synthetic-and-blend-oil/t6-full-synthetic/_jcr_content/productDetails.stream/1506811860834/b1efec99b9e83f216e38df79c5353f4c43d17a2677da8dd084 00c13d51318343/t6-5w-40.pdf

Seems i read where it can't be used in the 998's. is that correct? tks

Docster
08-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Seems i read where it can't be used in the 998's. is that correct? tks

OK, where did you read that?

According to the owners manuals and the hundreds of oil threads here, JASO classified oils are fine for the 998s. Rotella T6 is JASO.

jcthorne
08-03-2018, 05:45 PM
The statement comes from a requirement from BRP that the 998 engines use an oil that DOES NOT meet API SM or above. Rotella may or may not do any harm to an older 998 but it does meet API spec above SM.

Out of an abundance of caution, we still stock Valvoline 4TStroke synthetic motorcycle oil for the 998s as it strictly meets ALL the BRP spec requirements. Technically Rotella T6 does not.

pegasus1300
08-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Labels still say JASO MA2

quasi
08-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Labels still say JASO MA2

yeah, with the jaso ma2 rating I don't understand why it is not suitable for the 998's with a sm5.

L_r_g
08-05-2018, 05:39 PM
If anyone is interested in more than 4 gallons (rebate is for max of 4 jugs), the 2.5 gal jugs are also available at the same price per quart and rebate as the 1 gallon jugs. I've got a diesel truck so go through lots of this, so I got 4 of the 2.5 gallon jugs and ends up being the same price per quart as the 1 gallons. Walmart and Amazon both have them for $50 before rebate.

pegasus1300
08-05-2018, 10:31 PM
yeah, with the jaso ma2 rating I don't understand why it is not suitable for the 998's with a sm5.
That's because it is. I used it in my Venture. I used in my 2012SE5. 40,000+ miles woks great.

al0vely
10-20-2018, 02:07 AM
You can submit the rebate online: https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/coupons-rebates-and-sweepstakes/better-fuel-economy-meets-better-wallet-economy.html#iframe=L2RpeS9uYXRpb25hbDE4Lw==

I found this link for the rebate form to print: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/01/31/74/86/25/13174862530._CB500159454_.pdf

The rebate expires 12/31/2018

Earlier I saw this oil on sale at Advance Auto Parts for $19.99 but I went back to the site after initially posting the above links and the site is down - they offer a 20% discount for your next purchase - use coupon code PS20 in the shopping cart. If all this pans out I will get 3 gallons of oil for $48 for my 2 Spyders before the $21 rebate (Limit 4 rebates per person, household or address (email and physical).

Joel The Biker
10-20-2018, 03:23 AM
What weight of Rotella T6 are you guys using? All I see is 5w-30 at walmart.

jcthorne
10-20-2018, 05:46 AM
You can submit the rebate online: https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/coupons-rebates-and-sweepstakes/better-fuel-economy-meets-better-wallet-economy.html#iframe=L2RpeS9uYXRpb25hbDE4Lw==

I found this link for the rebate form to print: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/01/31/74/86/25/13174862530._CB500159454_.pdf

The rebate expires 12/31/2018

Earlier I saw this oil on sale at Advance Auto Parts for $19.99 but I went back to the site after initially posting the above links and the site is down - they offer a 20% discount for your next purchase - use coupon code PS20 in the shopping cart. If all this pans out I will get 3 gallons of oil for $48 for my 2 Spyders before the $21 rebate (Limit 4 rebates per person, household or address (email and physical).

Advance does not honor those coupons on oil.

Amazon had a sale this week for 3 gallon cases of T6 for $43 delivered. Best price I have ever seen.

jcthorne
10-20-2018, 05:48 AM
What weight of Rotella T6 are you guys using? All I see is 5w-30 at walmart.

5W40

al0vely
10-20-2018, 06:46 AM
Advance does not honor those coupons on oil.

Amazon had a sale this week for 3 gallon cases of T6 for $43 delivered. Best price I have ever seen.

That option isn’t available any more :( and you are right Advanced doesn’t honor their discount code either.

tucsontim
01-08-2022, 01:15 PM
I have been using t6 for all My mc's and cars great product

tucsontim
01-08-2022, 01:24 PM
BRP great kit.but $136 can the dealer scam more for oil. I have been using Rotell T 6 in at least 10 of My high performance mc with great results, not to mention the price average $24 a gallon. I just bought a mint 2018 1 owner Spyder rt Limited,who did all the work and accessories on machine. I now have 9,000 miles and will change with T6

tucsontim
01-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Walmart almost always $22 to $24 no rebate crap

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-08-2022, 04:02 PM
Walmart almost always $22 to $24 no rebate crap

If you read this entire thread, the specs stated for the T-6 have been up-graded. There is no mention of " SM " classification .... and it's JASO - MA II .... Mike :thumbup: