PDA

View Full Version : Bob T.

Bob T.
11-10-2013, 10:44 AM
My DPS warning light is on. Can I fix this myself. Has anyone else had this problem?

Chupaca
11-10-2013, 01:01 PM
need more to go on. Do you have any active codes..?? this will help know what we are looking for. If doing the key walk (take your key out walk away have a soda/beer then return) dosen't clear it up you may have your dealer check for codes. Model and year helps there were updates to some, dealer can tell with your vin#. :dontknow:

BikerDoc
11-10-2013, 01:56 PM
It is a very common error message and more often than not, the "key walk" as described above ends the issue.
Spyders are especially sensitive to throwing false error messages during their break in/early mileage periods

Bob Denman
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Sometimes; you can be riding a very long straightaway, or sweeping curve... It'll set off the warnings when the system gets a bit contsed as to what is going on around it... :shocked:
Pull the keyy and do the walk... it's worth a try!
Let us know if this clears your bike's throat; good luck! :thumbup:

Bob T.
11-10-2013, 02:33 PM
need more to go on. Do you have any active codes..?? this will help know what we are looking for. If doing the key walk (take your key out walk away have a soda/beer then return) dosen't clear it up you may have your dealer check for codes. Model and year helps there were updates to some, dealer can tell with your vin#. :dontknow:

I did shut it for 2 hours also over night. Thank you for answering

SNOOPY
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
And?