PDA

View Full Version : Ride-On Great Product!

Magic Man
07-15-2008, 09:09 PM
I see on the home page a link for Ride-On tire sealant.

I told Lamonster about using this and I think he has uses it too?

Let me tell you this is GREAT stuff!

I used it in my Spyder rims after I had them Chromed so I do not have to have the ugly wheel weights all over the rims.

I have ridden my Spyder since March with the front rims done and the last month with the back as well, and all is great. The ride is smooth with no vibrations and the added peace of mind that a nail or other road junk won't leave me flat is great as well.

Having used, and still using it I can say it is really a Great product that performs as promised. :2thumbs:

MM

spyderrider44
07-16-2008, 02:08 AM
:hun:I have not heard of this product brfore , but i will be checking it out thanks for head up :2thumbs:

Lamonster
07-16-2008, 07:29 AM
This product showed up on one of my other sites a couple of years ago and at the time I really didn't think too much about it. The guys that were using it loved it.

I was talking to Evan a couple of weeks ago and he told me about some stuff he used to balance his tires without wheel weights. I don't know about your rims but mine have a major amount of weight on the rims so I thought this might be the answer to that.

Evan couldn't remember the name of the stuff at first so I started looking around myself and found all sorts of products out there that do the same thing. The one product that had the best reviews and the most consistent good reports was a product called Ride-On. I called Evan and showed him a link to the site and he said that was the stuff he used.

I went ahead and ordered a case and looked into even more and found that I could setup a discount for group buys by being a affiliate. This will give anyone that orders from the banner a 10% discount if you put in the code lamonster when you checkout and it's another way to help support the site.

I'm not pushing the stuff and don't feel like there's any pressure to buy it from me. It doesn't cost me anything to have the banner up there and if you do decide to try it out it will save you a couple of bucks.

I'm heading cross country on the Spyder and now getting a flat is one less thing I'll have to worry about. They say your tires will last longer too so I know what I got out of my last tire so I'll see if I do any better on this one with the Ride-On stuff in it.

This is the link if you want to try it out. When you checkout there will be a place for a promotion code, just type in lamonster and hit recalculate.
http://www.ride-onshop.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=73

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

bjt
07-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Okay guys, I'm curious how this product allows us to eliminate wheel weights and how it is any different than the other tire sealant products that are out there that don't always work as advertised. The video clip left me with more questions than answers. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-021.gif

Lamonster
07-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Here's some more reading for you from end users.
http://www.ride-on.com/test_motorcycle.asp

“I'm having the smoothest ride ever on my 20th Anniversary Honda Goldwing, because of the "self balancing" feature that actually works. Besides the "peace of mind" I have with Ride-On in my tires, I have also made a video to show you how to install it in your motorcycle tires. This is a good product. Thank you Ride-On!”

Dave, Sibley, IA (04-13-08)

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

pphantom538
07-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I have used it in cars, quads and bikes, works great from preventing a flat from a nail or sharp object. Be careful though, when first installed you have to run several miles before it balances out in the tire. Quite unnerving on 2 wheels but acceptable on 4. Probably be fine on the spyder.

MSGTDOC
07-18-2008, 12:29 PM
ONCE THE TIRE IS BALANCED DOES IT STAY THAT WAY OR DOES IT HAVE TO HAPPIN EACH TIME YOU RIDE ??????/:hun:

NancysToy
07-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Curious as to the effect on later tire changes. Is this better than Slime in that regard? Slime creates a horrid mess, that is miserable to clean out when the tire has to be changed. Thought I would never have to do that, so I put it in my lawn tractor tires. Had to change a rear this Spring, and did not say nice words while I was doing it. Some shops won't change a Slimed tire...and some charge extra for it.
-Scotty

astroqb
07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
:2thumbs: Hi Lamonster; :firstplace:

Could not find our tire size on their chart. How many onces per tire did it require. I ordered three 8Oz bottles but feel that that will not be enough.

Thanks

astroqb@aol.com

astroqb
07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
:clap: Spoke with the folks at Ride-On and their recomendation is buy 2 bottles of auto 16 oz as the cost would be less for doing the three tires. 8 oz per front tire and 11 oz for the rear tire. Lamonster discount still available. :2thumbs:

jimjel
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Scotty,

Ride-on s much better than Slime. Can be washed off with water and doesn't have any effect on alloy rims.

NancysToy
07-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Scotty,

Ride-on s much better than Slime. Can be washed off with water and doesn't have any effect on alloy rims.
Thanks!

barb36jack31
07-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I used a tire sealant in my Beemer about 20 years ago and ran over a piece of construction 2x10 with spikes in it. I was on the interstate at night and hauling it. I had three spike holes in the rear Michelin and I did not lose pressure. I was able to get home (at a much reduced speed) and with no injuries. Great stuff!

Greg H.
07-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Scotty,

My question is; how does this replace what the wheel weights accomplish as balancing goes?

I love the idea of having a product like this however, that gives you that added feeling of security, knowing that getting a flat is remote.