PDA

View Full Version : Season Finale!

EnjoyingTheRyde
11-10-2013, 08:23 AM
We're having work done on the shop this weekend, our nephews are framing an upstairs playroom for us, so the Spyders had to stay outside last night. We had our first dusting of snow so they have a nice white coating this morning, no big deal. To my surprise, as I headed to work, the roads have been salted so it looks like I may have missed my Grand Finale Ride!

Bob Denman
11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
:shocked:
"Parting, is such sweet sorrow..."

Dan McNally
11-10-2013, 08:57 AM
That is the beauty of where I live . . . it rains more than it snows in the winter . . . so the salt gets washed away, regularly, through the winter!

bruiser
11-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Only thing we salt down here is food.

Chupaca
11-10-2013, 01:09 PM
both having missed a good final ryde and having to put the ryde into hybernation. Hope the season is short and mild but you should end up with a great playroom...!! :2thumbs:

lawson001
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Surely SOMONE makes a snow tire that would fit the Spyder, perhaps even with provisions to install studs?!? I'd stay away from chains, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ARtraveler
11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
We're having work done on the shop this weekend, our nephews are framing an upstairs playroom for us, so the Spyders had to stay outside last night. We had our first dusting of snow so they have a nice white coating this morning, no big deal. To my surprise, as I headed to work, the roads have been salted so it looks like I may have missed my Grand Finale Ride!

Ice covered my road last night, so also means that I have to park the :spyder2:'s for the big sleep. It was a great rydeing season though. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Surely SOMONE makes a snow tire that would fit the Spyder, perhaps even with provisions to install studs?!? I'd stay away from chains, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

There have been a couple who went for the snow tires and studs. My dealer was one, and that was short lived. The owners manual recommends no rydeing in the snow. Once past that, if I had a tire that would allow me to operate in those conditions, I would be very afraid of the "other guys". Ever tried dodging a large SUV that was out of control on the ice? It is common occurance to see these big SUV's upside down in the ditch on a regular basis here in Alaska. The :spyder2: does not offer a lot of protection in these situations. That's just my humble opinion, and I do not criticize those who choose to do their own rydes.

EnjoyingTheRyde
11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Not moving anywhere so it is what it is. Time to park 'em and pull out the other BRP products!

SPYD3R
11-10-2013, 04:38 PM
365 days per year of riding here in SoCar...... :2thumbs: :cheers:
SALT is for your popcorn, :popcorn: NOT roads.... :yes:
rode today... 75 degrees, 20% humidity, 100% sunshine... u can't beat this...

blambert
11-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Here in Arizona 80 degrees and sunshine no humidity will be this way till summer next year - the west is the best for riding.

EnjoyingTheRyde
11-10-2013, 06:19 PM
365 days per year of riding here in SoCar...... :2thumbs: :cheers:
SALT is for your popcorn, :popcorn: NOT roads.... :yes:
rode today... 75 degrees, 20% humidity, 100% sunshine... u can't beat this...

Here in Arizona 80 degrees and sunshine no humidity will be this way till summer next year - the west is the best for riding.

I'm not, really, I'm NOT jealous! ;) I have a brother-in-law that goes to Arizona every winter and he's been trying to get us to visit. Might have to think about it a little more but I really do enjoy snow!

Dan_Ashley
11-10-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm not, really, I'm NOT jealous! ;) I have a brother-in-law that goes to Arizona every winter and he's been trying to get us to visit. Might have to think about it a little more but I really do enjoy snow!
The worst part of living here is listening to lame jokes about California. The best part of living here is, well, everything else.

flaggerphil
11-11-2013, 12:09 AM
This is why I live in Florida...

:)