PDA

View Full Version : Wiring to Front Fuse Box

dicko
07-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Any tricks to getting the fuse box out that’s under the trunk lid so I can wire both the switched and un-switched accessory fuses? Thanks.

NancysToy
07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Any tricks to getting the fuse box out that’s under the trunk lid so I can wire both the switched and un-switched accessory fuses? Thanks.

I couldn't figure it out quickly, today. You may have another challenge, though. As I understand it, both fuses are wired to the 12 V power outlet wiring, so they can't be used together. If that's the case, you would have to modify the fuse box and/or wiring harness. I just added an auxiliary fuse box instead.
Scotty

dicko
07-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I couldn't figure it out quickly, today. You may have another challenge, though. As I understand it, both fuses are wired to the 12 V power outlet wiring, so they can't be used together. If that's the case, you would have to modify the fuse box and/or wiring harness. I just added an auxiliary fuse box instead.
Scotty

A continuity tester shows that there is power to both fuse sockets when the ignition key is on (individually at least). I was going to run a line with a 10A in-line fuse straight off the battery but I'd really like one switched and one unswitched outlet.

dicko
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
What I really meant to ask, is how to lever the front fuse box out, specially without breaking anything.

Just got sidetracked. As I was looking at the fusebox, a box arrived with my Hindle in it. It's now installed and ready to go. Found just the tool to fit the spring. About 25 years ago I inherited a box of tools from my grandfather. A few weeks ago, I opened the box and amongst the stuff was a long thin flat-bladed screwdriver with a notch cut in the blade. Just the tool to push the spring back over the loop from the left side of the bike.