PDA

View Full Version : New handle bar risers almost ready!

Magic Man
07-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Today we installed one of our pre-production 3" handle bar riser kits.

We still have a few small tweeks to make, but we should have units ready in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

We will be making these in both a 3 inch and 4 inch version for people who do, or don't have the BRP 1 inch kit installed.

I have to tell you I just rode it for the first time with the risers and what a world of difference it makes! :yes:

I have bad knees and hips for too much time spent power lifting when younger, and this extra rise really makes the whole bike feel much more comfortable big time!

I also have carpal tunnel in my left hand which used to go right to sleep in just a few minutes before because of the excessive palm pressure the bike had. I just rode over an hour and nothing at all! My hand feels great and no more going to sleep. :thumbup:

I also noticed without so much palm pressure I can ride the bike better. I am able to move the bars faster without them having to hold so much of my body weight and in as much am more able to turn the bars easier and quicker.

I have sent Lamonster some quick shots of these, and even a shot with one of my employees sitting on it to show the riding position as well. I hope he can find time to post these for me so you all can see what it is I am talking about. :pray:

I have to tell you these are one of the biggest comfort improvements I have made yet to my Spyder. :2thumbs:

MM

Lamonster
07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
:thumbup:

http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/19620152156.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/1962015219.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/19620152119.jpg

SPYMAN
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Magicman,

do you have an approximate price on 3" riser.

thanks, :2thumbs:SPYMAN:2thumbs:

Magic Man
07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Magicman,

do you have an approximate price on 3" riser.

thanks, :2thumbs:SPYMAN:2thumbs:

We should have the MSRP set by weeks end.

Thanks for your interest. I post more info as available.

MM

dltang
07-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Evan, you know I want these!!! Are they hard to install? About how long of an install is it? Also, any idea of approx cost of this mod? If it is in the budget, I would like this before Gatlinburg, it looks like that trip is a go for us.
Deb

P.S. I love those HID's and I am anxiously awaiting your other mods.

Magic Man
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Evan, you know I want these!!! Are they hard to install? About how long of an install is it? Also, any idea of approx cost of this mod? If it is in the budget, I would like this before Gatlinburg, it looks like that trip is a go for us.
Deb

P.S. I love those HID's and I am anxiously awaiting your other mods.

Deb,

I'm so glad to hear you like your HIDs! Just follow the light! ;)

The MSRP will be set by week's end, as we are still contacting a few suppliers for the final cost on a few items.

The install takes about 30 to 45 minutes and should be no problem for you at all.

MM

Twodog185
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Cool....worth waiting for....the updates are coming in strong from Spyder Modifiers at an astonishing rate.

We appreciate the investment in time and money.

Keep me on the list for the risers

Magic Man
07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Cool....worth waiting for....the updates are coming in strong from Spyder Modifiers at an astonishing rate.

We appreciate the investment in time and money.

Keep me on the list for the risers

Thanks for the kind words! I will let everyone know as soon as we are rready to take pre-orders. it will ether be later this week or next.

The first run seems like it might already be going fast from the phone calls this week alone.

These units will be reserved on a first come first served basis to be fair to everyone.

As soon as we are ready to take the pre-order I'll post another note.
Should be in the next few days.

Ev

Babymoose
07-15-2008, 09:36 PM
What about the clutch lines and throttle cables? Do we need to change them out? If so will you be offering them?

COSpyder
07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Can we see a close up pic of the outside part of the riser? The part you would see if you were standing on the side of the bike.

Magic Man
07-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Can we see a close up pic of the outside part of the riser? The part you would see if you were standing on the side of the bike.

We'll have beter and full pics when they are ready to go.

MM

spyderrider44
07-16-2008, 01:56 AM
:2thumbs::2excited: :congrats:

Lamonster
07-16-2008, 07:37 AM
We compared what I'm using now to what Evan has and he is 1" further back and 1" higher than what I have on my bike now. The other cool thing is he was able to install his without pulling a panel. I didn't try that with mine but maybe I should of.:dontknow: I just assumed that I was going to have to reroute stuff but he was able to make it work as is.:bowdown:

hevnbound
07-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I wanna set, I wanna set, I wanna set, now, now, now !!! I had to put $1,000 deposit to get in line for my Spyder. How much of a deposit to get in line for the risers??? !!! :hun::hun::hun:

slather1
07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll take a set. Sounds great to me. Another great product. Thank you

pzim
07-16-2008, 11:50 AM
:yes::D:yes::D:yes:Count me in to! I want a set also!

ICE
07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
3" risers...count me in. Can't wait. This will be best mod yet!

ICE(aka bob)

Magic Man
07-16-2008, 12:13 PM
The MSRPs are in! So if you'd like to pre-order a set please see our other post on this topic and place your pre-order when ready.

Thanks,
MM

pzim
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Can you give a description of what is involved for the install of the risers?:chat:l
Thanks
pzim

Magic Man
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Can you give a description of what is involved for the install of the risers?:chat:l
Thanks
pzim

Sure just give me a call. It is really easy to do but a post that long would put people to sleep. LOL

MM

czdaryle
07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
not really...I would also like to know high level so I can deduce if I can do this.