PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER TRAILER LIGHTS

Harvey
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
My trailer lights stopped working. Fuse is OK, Plug seems to be making contact, but no lights. No flashers. No brake lights. Wiring does not appear to be broken in anyplace visible. Any suggestions? Thank You...

NancysToy
11-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Sound like a bad trailer module. If a multimeter verifies no output, and the wiring (especially the ground) is intact, it sounds liek time for a replacement.

Phil
11-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Sound like a bad trailer module. If a multimeter verifies no output, and the wiring (especially the ground) is intact, it sounds liek time for a replacement.

What Scotty said.

Harvey
11-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Sound like a bad trailer module. If a multimeter verifies no output, and the wiring (especially the ground) is intact, it sounds liek time for a replacement. Not sure what a trailer module is, or where it is. The trailer looks like it is a simple direct wiring harness. Will contact the dealer.

bullant12
11-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Not sure what a trailer module is, or where it is. The trailer looks like it is a simple direct wiring harness. Will contact the dealer.

The trailer module is the harness and wiring that goes from your Spyder's electrical to your trailer. There have been a few bad ones around (mine included) and from what I have heard, have been replaced under warranty. Good luck!

Spacetrucker
11-09-2013, 12:39 AM
If you have a brp trailer look in side in frt their is where the wire hooks up for rear lights. Some of the are bad and their is a recall to fix. Only on brp trls.....and yes hard to get to but look their first plug in...