View Full Version : Mind Blown

Cavman
11-07-2013, 12:44 AM
This is pretty amazing:

Mind Blown: The writer automaton.
http://wimp.com/writerautomaton/

Chupaca
11-07-2013, 02:45 AM
it is and when it was built makes it that much more so. Makes you wonder if we actually make things today or perfect ideas of yore..!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
I wonder how long it took him to figure all of that out? :dontknow:
It is astonishing, and beautiful! :clap:
Thanks! :thumbup:

MidLifeCrisis
11-07-2013, 09:05 AM
But wait! I thought we were the smartest generation?!!!:shocked:

Barlock
11-07-2013, 09:20 AM
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.” ~ Robert A. Heinlein

Bob Denman
11-07-2013, 12:54 PM
:shocked: I can't even walk, and chew gum at the same time... :opps:

bruiser
11-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Amazing. Leave it to a Swiss clock maker. Swiss watches and clocks are still the best in the world. I doubt a computer would be able to duplicate this.

ARtraveler
11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Amazing for sure. :thumbup:

Spyder_Cowgirl
11-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Amazing for sure. :thumbup:

I believe the card is written in french (one of three primary languages spoken in Switzerland) .... it's a bit fuzzy and my ancient high school french is no where what is needed to translate. :hun:

Anybody here fluent enough to translate? or, as needed, correct the supposed language and then translate?

Best Regards .... Ann

Bob Denman
11-07-2013, 05:22 PM
I grabbed a shot of the screen; I'll take a run at it...
But no promises! :D
EDIT: I couldn't get a clear-enough printout to figure out all of the characters...:gaah:

But here's a link that takes you to some more information on ths man and his remarkable machines! :thumbup:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaquet-Droz_automata