PDA

View Full Version : My Spyder is ready!!!!

SSL4X4
07-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Leaving work early to go get my Spyder. I have never ridden a manual transmission bike before so this is going to be a challenge. Wish me luck everyone!! I will update when I get home and I am sure I will have great things to say like everyone else!! Just a little nervous because its rush hour traffic here in Denver.....I may find a park or something to "put put" around in while I get the hang of things. Its been a while since I attended the demo ride in September!! Wish me luck yall!!!:yes:

sleepman
07-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Good luck, I bet you have so much fun that you start taking the long way home. :clap::2thumbs::spyder:

Greg H.
07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
:congrats: be safe, and have fun!! :2thumbs:

I just found out from my dealer that mine isn't due to ship until September. :sour: But, that's okay! What are ya gonna do, right? :D

Lamonster
07-15-2008, 04:20 PM
:congrats: but take it slow.:doorag:

retread
07-15-2008, 06:51 PM
:congrats: now the FUN begins!!!!

Smylinacha
07-15-2008, 07:31 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

docdoru
07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
welcome :thumbup:

ataDude
07-15-2008, 08:37 PM
:congrats:

Make it home OK?

Jason
07-15-2008, 08:46 PM
:congrats: SSL4X4! Take it easy on your ride home, i'm sure you'll love it MORE than you did when you did the demo ride!

patches
07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Just get up to 5th gear and don't stop until you run out of gas..well..maybe if she looks really good you can stop.

scottmanesis
07-15-2008, 11:31 PM
:yes::spyder::nopic:

SSL4X4
07-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Okay in trying to attach pics my last reply got deleted somehow. So I am home with my baby. I got to the dealer at 4. I am a financial planner and do insurance as well so I am a CAREFUL guy so dont laugh. I have never ridden a manual transmission bike before. I drove around in their lot for a while(about 2 hours). Killed it a few times...short shifted and got embarrassed when it wouldnt start. It was a humbling experience. So after I was confident I could brave rush hour traffic in Denver I set out on my 30 mile journey home. It was a breeze and I took to it like a fish in water. I had a few options added by the dealer one of which is the fog lights. I would like to post a pic as they light up the Spyder nicely and it looks like a small airplane ready for takeoff. Unfortunately I am a boob at internet techy stuff and cant seem to figure out how to post pics in this thread. Please let me know Lamonster how I can do this and I will gladly post some pics of my yellow Spydie!!

I was as nervous and excited as a teenage boy on his first date!!!

scottmanesis
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I just learned how to do pics on this particular board as well.

First go here and sign up for a free account:

www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)

Upload your photo.......when you view your photo you will see three different codes below it, select the code that says IMG make sure you highlight the whole code right click it and choose copy....come here and just paste it in the post reply box and viola it will appear when you hit submit reply. Hope that helps.

SSL4X4
07-16-2008, 12:56 AM
here ya go!!! check out the fog lights they are pretty cool!!

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/ssl4x4/Spyder/Charlie_cleaning2.jpg
http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/ssl4x4/Spyder/Charlie_cleaning.jpg
http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/ssl4x4/Spyder/Foglights.jpg
http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/ssl4x4/Spyder/Foglights2.jpg

SSL4X4
07-16-2008, 12:57 AM
thanks a bunch scottmanesis!!!

SSL4X4
07-16-2008, 12:59 AM
By the way, thats Charlie at RPM Motorsports...he is the guy to talk to if you are in Denver.

scottmanesis
07-16-2008, 01:08 AM
:thumbup:Glad I could help. I noticed the salesguy wiping that last spot they must have missed......we were taught to do that too when I sold bikes...lol. It shows you care to the customer, truth is it may be the only spot that even got wiped, the dealer I used to work for just hosed them off and ran them by two big industrial fans on the way out of the service area....noone really "washed" them. When they were on the floor we used Honda Spray polish on the fenders and tanks and more often than not we merely pretended to be polishing the bikes as we all felt we got paid to sell them not detail them and we did not get paid that well.:banghead:

Your SPyder looks great! Knowing that your basically new to powersports be forewarned, you can spend almost as much as you already have in modifications in the future even if you THINK it has everything you want right now....the best part is making it your OWN...you have been warned! It's an addiction and parts just jump off the internet into your mailbox and off dealers parts counters onto your ride every time you turn around. My mods list is already encroaching on the MSRP of the SPyder and I don't even have it yet.

NancysToy
07-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Worried about you all day. Glad your journey was successful. The parking lot thing helped my wife, too, but she did it after I rode the Spyder home for her, not just before heading out in rush hour traffic. She got used to it quickly, too, and is enjoying the ryde. Have fun...and be safe!
-Scotty

SSL4X4
07-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Sure thing Scott. Charlie is the sales manager. We arrived a little early and he was polishing the entire bike with some sort of spray polish. I am new to road powersports but not stranger to powersports in general. I have a Seadoo and a Skidoo and have owned four wheelers too. Its a great hobby and I agree can be very expensive. Like I said earlier I am a financial planner so I keep myself in check. I do have some mods I want to do to it but havent ordered them yet!! My rule is that if I cant pay cash for stuff like that I dont run up the credit cards. The economy is in rough shape right now and just being able to afford the Spyder is an accomplishment. They couldnt have launched a new product at a worse time in my opinion. They are selling well and we have all been on waiting lists. I wonder what the wait would have been in a booming economy? It would have been like special ordering an exotic car from Europe I guess? Thanks again for the help in posting the pics scottman. I hope your wait comes to a close soon too!!

Lamonster
07-16-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm glad to hear you made it home safe and that you got use to shifting the beast. :thumbup:

I don't know if you know this yet but you just became a Rock Star. :D :doorag: :spyder:

You'll see what I'm talking about pretty quick. :2thumbs:

nancyemh
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
You are gonna have soooo much fun with your Spyder!!! Ryde safe!!!!welcome

MSGTDOC
07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
welcome:2thumbs::congrats::2thumbs::yes::yes::yes:

LittleJohn
07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I really like how the fog lights "spread out" the front signature of the Spyder. May have to see what I can do to get some of those.

NancysToy
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I really like how the fog lights "spread out" the front signature of the Spyder. May have to see what I can do to get some of those.
We really like ours. Other than improving how visible you are to others, they light up a broad area right near the Spyder, unlike most motorcycle headlights. This path of light from the nose to far in front (from the projector headlights) is very comforting somehow. maybe useful only for avoiding road hazards, and low speed maneauvering, but comforting nonetheless. It is one option I am glad we invested in.
-Scotty