PDA

View Full Version : it's a real shame

cuznjohn
11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
now that the cold weather is hitting us people will ride less so the complaints to brp might slow down a lil. i have read that two people got calls from brp and one said that basically bike motors get hot so, and i am taking this out of text, JUST LIVE WITH IT. and i find this totally unacceptable. today i am reading lots of posts about fixes that people are coming up with, from cutting plastic pails to re direct hot air from the radiator to putting marine vents on the bike and in some cases even adding fan's to the bike to blow the heat out the back of the bike. they are great ideas but why should we try to fix our own bikes when brp should have the responsibility to do it for us.

i am not looking for a argument on this issue but i am just stating what i feel. when they did the heat recall on my bike i never felt heat under the seat until they did updates on my bike. than on the way home was the first time i ever felt the heat under the seat and yesterday when i went back to have the ace mechanic re do my shocks because he installed them upside down,( BY THE WAY I CALLED ELKA AND ASKED IF HE COULD OF DAMAGED THEM BY MOUNTING THEM UPSIDE DOWN THEY SAID NO IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM TO MOUNT THEM THAT WAY ), i felt the heat again. the bike always hovered around 150 degrees around the gas cap but i never felt it under the seat. i need to re measure it around the cap to see if the heat increased.

now i feel that with all the home remedies that people are coming up with on their own and posting them, that brp is reading the posts and saying lets just sit back and let them fix it. i have a habit of thinking evil and i can't help that i feel that people will try to get the best of you so get the best of them first. it is how i grew up and who i was involved with. so i remember when i first started dealing with STEVE M from brp and when i told him about people complaining on this site about the company he said, i know it's my job to read the forums and see what people are saying. so now i think they are reading the post's and saying, well they are working on it so lets just hang back and they will leave us alone. and unless someone get's hurt bad from a burn or a fire and they, brp, get their butts sued they will forget us. when people ask what are you wearing when you ride i laugh, i see people riding bike in shorts and sneakers and feel that they can ride however they want and wear whatever they want. i am not going to dress up in a fireproof suit to ride my bike, but i would never wear shorts on a bike.

steve m will no longer talk to me by e mail because i told him i if i get a burn from this bike i will sue the company, and ever since than he has called me when i write to him about a problem on the bike. the last time i heard from him was when my buds report was sent to them and i had to write to him to see what the report said, and he called me to say the bike is running hot, DUHHH i told him that. so this is my thoughts on why we are not hearing from them on a fix for our problems. i spent 1285.00 dollars on the vertika scoops that i will mount as soon as i put the bike up for the winter, so i am also guilty of trying to fix the problem, but i won't put any more time or money into the bike to try and fix it.

now some of you don't like or agree with me on my posts so all i can say is sorry but i think way different than other people, but i just wanted to give my opinion on the fixes people are doing and posting them on here. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE i am going back to play candy crush on face book, i hate that game.

ARtraveler
11-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Good Morning Cuzn: As you know, I have been a supporter of your problems and issues pretty much from day one.

We have communicated both publicly and privately over the last few months. I am sure that many others have done the same. There have been suggestions about changing dealers, doing specific mods, questions about how you operate the :spyder2:, as well as many suggestions and encouragements to help you get past this situation.

The almost daily message about the latest issue is not helping the situation--IMO. You have reached the point where BRP will communicate, but not in writing anymore. Unfortunately, this puts you in a position where you feel abandoned by BRP and even some of your friends from SL.

BRP does not have any choice in the matter of solving the heat issues. Something bad is going on with a lot of 2013's, and I am sure they are working on it. What it is, at this time, it appears only God knows. No one likes to wait, or not be kept in the loop as to what is going on. There is a finite amount of time and a finite number of technicians working on the problem. New 2014's are hitting the market, and it appears that they have run into some glitches. At least, they have learned the lesson about putting questionable product out to the public.

I am suggesting a moratorium on the daily "I hate my 2013 bcause of the heat issues". Let's give them another (you fill in the blank) days, and see what happens. I am suggesting 60 days to actually give them some time.

The solving of the 2013 "issues" and the bringing out of a great 2014, are two issues that could make or break the :spyder2: brand--IMO.

Hopefully, I have not ruffeled to many feathers here--but I usually state what I believe to be right.

Highwayman2013
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Yes it really sucks when you have problems. They were communicating with you. When you threaten a law suit what did you expect. I'm sure they are working on it, Lamont said they were, please give it some time. A little patience goes a long way.

Bob Denman
11-06-2013, 03:06 PM
"akspyderman
Good Morning Cuzn: As you know, I have been a supporter of your problems and issues pretty much from day one.

We have communicated both publicly and privately over the last few months. I am sure that many others have done the same. There have been suggestions about changing dealers, doing specific mods, questions about how you operate the :spyder2:, as well as many suggestions and encouragements to help you get past this situation.

The almost daily message about the latest issue is not helping the situation--IMO. You have reached the point where BRP will communicate, but not in writing anymore. Unfortunately, this puts you in a position where you feel abandoned by BRP and even some of your friends from SL.

BRP does not have any choice in the matter of solving the heat issues. Something bad is going on with a lot of 2013's, and I am sure they are working on it. What it is, at this time, it appears only God knows. No one likes to wait, or not be kept in the loop as to what is going on. There is a finite amount of time and a finite number of technicians working on the problem. New 2014's are hitting the market, and it appears that they have run into some glitches. At least, they have learned the lesson about putting questionable product out to the public.

I am suggesting a moratorium on the daily "I hate my 2013 bcause of the heat issues". Let's give them another (you fill in the blank) days, and see what happens. I am suggesting 60 days to actually give them some time. "
:agree: I certainly don't mean to make light of your situation; but :bdh:
Try just hanging in there for a little bit; things might just improve... :thumbup:

Dan McNally
11-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Got your back, cuznjohn . . . Personally, I think BRP will come through for us, in the end . . . at least I hope for. I plan on riding all winter . . . I am doing a 150 mile ride with a group from Maryland on the 16th, but I'll get an additional 130 miles, getting to the meetup location and back! I have discovered that the heat sure feels good in the winter!

cuznjohn
11-06-2013, 03:17 PM
brp can not afford another bad year with the spyders, if they have more spyder issues they might be forced to give up the idea of 3 wheels and that would be a shame. i love the looks and concept of the bike and i feel it has more than enough power for me, i am even enjoying it a lil more with it in trailer mode, i like the down shifting of it. but they really need to get the 14's right b4 they can even think about us 13 owners with problems. the survey they did on here was a great idea for them to do. i feel it was done to help them to get the 14's out with the best they can do. so they did the survey and took all the bad points and are now applying them to the 14 and we will be the last they worry about, so the new bikes are being delayed because of what they have read and new fixes they are doing to them b4 putting them on the street. i appreciate your support and i will try to live with a 30k bike that i can't ride in nice weather because of the heat. i really like some of the ideas others have come up with and maybe in time try a few. i also like the idea of a dyno tune with auto tune but that will be last thing i will do if there is no fix for the bike. the dealer told me they have changed the anti freeze in the newer quads to stop some heat issues they are having. my dealer sells tons of quads but not many spyders. he also said that the new anti freeze is 52 dollars a gallon, so for a few bucks why doesn't brp try the cheapest fix and tell the dealers to change ours to the new anti freeze just to see if it helps. well only time will tell so hope for the best, but figure for the worst,

ThreeWheels
11-06-2013, 09:47 PM
now some of you don't like or agree with me on my posts so all i can say is sorry but i think way different than other people, but i just wanted to give my opinion on the fixes people are doing and posting them on here. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE i am going back to play candy crush on face book, i hate that game.

It's way OK to complain about issues with your bike and it's way OK to complain about the response from BRP.
How else can you get help ?

What annoys me is when people who have problems with their bikes start complaining about other forum members.
Read Lamont's post about putting people on ignore !

Barlock
11-06-2013, 10:49 PM
John, I do feel for you and I know it sucks to hear people say, "Wait until BRP fixes it," while all you want to do is ride in comfort. May suggest something? Look, many of us in northern climates have parked our beloved Spyders for winter, and gave up an idea of even thnking about riding it until spring. Do you think it would help if you pretended that you joiend those of us who have no choice but to wait until spring? Who knows maybe in a few months BRP does come up with a fix. Just trying to help.

cuznjohn
11-07-2013, 02:06 AM
John, I do feel for you and I know it sucks to hear people say, "Wait until BRP fixes it," while all you want to do is ride in comfort. May suggest something? Look, many of us in northern climates have parked our beloved Spyders for winter, and gave up an idea of even thnking about riding it until spring. Do you think it would help if you pretended that you joiend those of us who have no choice but to wait until spring? Who knows maybe in a few months BRP does come up with a fix. Just trying to help.

it's ties like this that makes me think of my mother, when i feel like i have been wronged i get like OCD thinking of ways to get back at the ones that screwed me. and mom was a forgive and forget person, and would always say, you are sure your fathers son because dad was just like me.. when we ride we really don't mind the cold, so we ride till we can't ride anymore. the only thing that might stop me from going out is my feet, that is the major reason i am ticked off about the bike also. i am a diabetic with foot problems and if my foot gets a burn i am screwed. but right now my feet are so swollen i can't get my shoes or booths on. so i am going on new meds as soon as they come from my mail order prescription co. and i hope that that helps. when i came home the other day i filled the bike up in case i couldn't ride any more this rear but if i can i will. but for the life of mr i don't really see a fix for the problem w/o reworking the whole bike. i hope they do find something but i doubt it.

Barlock
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
... i don't really see a fix for the problem w/o reworking the whole bike. i hope they do find something but i doubt it.

Oh, don't be so negative, my friend. Believe me, they will come up with some improvement and very soon.

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." ~ Anatole France

3 Wheel Addict
11-07-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm in this hunt as well and now i'm riding even less with the cold temps but I have not given up the fight. BRP told me "that is a normal characteristic of the bike" I'm not going to accept that! I went back and talked with my dealer and told him something needs to be done and he is suppose to call a "district rep" and make him aware of my concerns. I told him that when the weather warms back up if something is not done I will bring in the bike every day and complain about the heat issues. He is willing to work with me till i'm satisfied he said even if he needs to put the bike back on the floor and sell it for me. I just want it fixed, I just wanna ride, I want my wife to ride with me... actually they are going to have a harder time earning HER trust back than me.

Bob Denman
11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Oh, don't be so negative, my friend. Believe me, they will come up with some improvement and very soon.

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." ~ Anatole France
:agree: It stinks that this is about all that we can say right now; but try to find some faith... :pray: :thumbup: