PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone with Gloves

KAPike
11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I've been searching for a way to use my smart phone/touch screen with leather gloves on. I Googled it and searched on YouTube. I'm not buying a special pair of gloves, I like mine. I'm not sewing a wire into the finger tip. A further search revealed a product called ANY GLOVE. I thought for a few bucks I'd try it.

It works, It took two applications, but now I can use my smart phone/touch screen without taking my glove off. I'm sure at some point I'll have to reapply it. Be sure to get the "For Leather Gloves" otherwise they make a version of this for fabric gloves.

AZLife
11-05-2013, 02:16 PM
I bought it last month, and yes, it does work. It appears a bit pricey for what it costs $20+, but as you are only applying it to a few fingers, there is plenty to go around for additional applications or a few pair of gloves. I noticed that it has lost it's effectiveness a bit after a month, but I'll just apply another coat. The next pair of riding gloves I purchase I will make sure it has the touchscreen fingers, but this stuff is great until then, or for those "winter" gloves that I only wear once in a while.

Spyder601
11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
WOW, know thats a great product idea there. just may have to consider buying this..:thumbup:

Phil
11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
It didn't work for me. I'll be applying a few more coats

Chupaca
11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
have seen this before but don't use anything that needs touching. Know many are looking though and your report will be helpful..!! :thumbup:

bullant12
11-05-2013, 04:23 PM
http://www.thumbdogs.com (found it on the GWRRA Magazine)No need for another pair of gloves...
I'll get me a set and give a review.

KAPike
11-05-2013, 04:57 PM
It didn't work for me. I'll be applying a few more coats

The first coat I put on was too light. The second coat I put on was really wet and took awhile to dry. This was the trick.

Flamewinger
11-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I use a stylus attached to a spring loaded badge holder. The stylus is velcroed to the handlebars and the spring loaded holder keeps me from loosing it if I need the grab the handlebars quickly. I'm thinking of attaching it to the zipper pull so it's easier to get at. I use the Garmin to make\recieve calls.

mrfats
11-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I got a bottle last spring. Works well. I put 3 or 4 coats on, drying each coat with a hair dryer on low. :2thumbs: