PDA

View Full Version : Who does not have problems with their 2013 Spyder

donec
11-04-2013, 04:22 PM
I created a poll for those that have problems with their 2013 Spyders but to get a clear picture there must also be a poll for those that do not have problems. So here it is.

Please do not vote if you do not have a 2013 Spyder.

JkRbbt
11-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Are you speaking of JUST the heat problem? I had bad ball joints right out of the chute. Taking her over 45 mph scared the bejeebers out of me. New joints and she handles fine. Had bad heim joints, but I replaced those myself with BajaRon's metal joints. I have been lucky as far as heat is concerned. Nothing was melted when I had the recall done and I really haven't had problems other than the right foot area, which I more or less expected, but can't block off without major surgery to the plastic. Fun to ride, YES! Disappointed in 2013 quality control? YES!

Larry rt
11-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Mine was built in May of 2013 , no Major heat issue , rides like a dream. Yes it does warm up if you are in lower gear and high Rpm, but once you are cruising in fifth gear , cools down . But that is the same with my other toys !
Only issue I had was a trailer module died and I had it replaced , not sure what caused it ?
Did have recall done , no melting !
Maybe everyone should include build date , might be a patter ?

Magdave
11-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I do not understand the purpose of your 2 polls. So far they are reflecting the same as the last poll 50% do 50% don't. It isn't helping or giving useful info. Your problem poll should have been broken down into separate problems you listed all of them in one shot. I would be more interested in how many of each problem myself.

SNOOPY
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't do polls, didn't do the other one either. I don't think they are very scientific done this way. We have what, 12,000 members, and how many of them post? about 300 ? :shocked:

wolphspyder
11-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Hmmmmmm.....so far so good with my 2013 STS....the dealer had replaced the ball joints when they assembled it....have not had any heat problems, but took it in to the dealer when BRP had the recall and had the heat shield installed , have put almost 2500 miles on her...and am enjoying the ryde...she handles well, and is a blast to ride....now to save up for some goodies....:2thumbs:

Magdave
11-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't do polls, didn't do the other one either. I don't think they are very scientific done this way. We have what, 12,000 members, and how many of them post? about 300 ? :shocked:
True I was looking at the numbers last night 12000+ members 1078 viewers and of those 380 were members. How many of them were 2013 owners ? Unknown:dontknow:

SNOOPY
11-04-2013, 07:55 PM
True I was looking at the numbers last night 12000+ members 1078 viewers and of those 380 were members. How many of them were 2013 owners ? Unknown:dontknow:

To me it just makes most polls like this worthless, wish there was a better way...

Magdave
11-04-2013, 08:06 PM
To me it just makes most polls like this worthless, wish there was a better way...

They are just like phone polls they do sometime get it right. It depends on the way questions are asked. Sheesh that is the way congress runs don't take away their polls :roflblack::roflblack:

donec
11-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Are you speaking of JUST the heat problem? I had bad ball joints right out of the chute. Taking her over 45 mph scared the bejeebers out of me. New joints and she handles fine. Had bad heim joints, but I replaced those myself with BajaRon's metal joints. I have been lucky as far as heat is concerned. Nothing was melted when I had the recall done and I really haven't had problems other than the right foot area, which I more or less expected, but can't block off without major surgery to the plastic. Fun to ride, YES! Disappointed in 2013 quality control? YES!I am asking about any problems. This side of the coin is to show those that read this that not all of the 2013 spyders have problems as this is the do not have problems poll.

I do not understand the purpose of your 2 polls. So far they are reflecting the same as the last poll 50% do 50% don't. It isn't helping or giving useful info. Your problem poll should have been broken down into separate problems you listed all of them in one shot. I would be more interested in how many of each problem myself.
The purpose is to try and get a listing of the problems per model. The polling function of SpyderLovers limits the number of things you poll.

If anyone can come up with a way to ask the questions we need ask in a poll to show what is going on please do so.

At this point it looks like 20 out of 31 have not had problems.

Benggolf
11-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Bought our STS recently that was assembled in February this year. No apparent heat issues yet as the weather has cooled down here
in Vancouver. Have to check about the ball joint issue but have not been able to ride the it fast enough to detect any problem.

Only issue was a defective kill switch that was prompty replaced under warranty.

Magdave
11-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Well the poll is too late a recall has happened and it will skew the answers now. Hopefully there should be more without problems if the recall had any positive effect. Some issues did not occur until the hot summer (long gone now). The poll and it's timing is flawed at this point. Let it go and don't re stir the pot please I already been there done that.:thumbup:

donec
11-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Well the poll is too late a recall has happened and it will skew the answers now. Hopefully there should be more without problems if the recall had any positive effect. Some issues did not occur until the hot summer (long gone now). The poll and it's timing is flawed at this point. Let it go and don't re stir the pot please I already been there done that.:thumbup:I understand the poll as a poll is quite limited but as an indicator of whether the 2013 really has or continues to have problems it can help those like myself that are considering a 2013.

I am not trying to stir the pot. Instead I am trying to smooth the pot by giving limited but equal information on the situation.

Lets try and not turn this thread into a discussion about who is right/wrong/good/bad or into the quality of the poll or need for the poll. Just let the votes show the information. If someone has problems and then they feel they do not then they can balance the poll by voting on the other one and vice versa. Over time if the thread lives the poll will provide more info be it good or bad IMO it can't hurt.

At this point we have 27 without problems and 13 with.

Willo
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Have two 2013 models, an RT and an ST. No problems with either. Purchased in June of 2013. We do plan to install the Baharon anti-sway bars as an improvement.

jcthorne
11-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Your poll is fundamentally flawed. ALL 2013 RTs have a heat problem. As defined by NHTSA all 2013 RTs were recalled for this as a defective design. Any respondents to your poll that indicated that their 2013 RT had no problems are incorrect responses.

Please drop this, it serves no purpose except to excite the non-2013 owners about yet one more discussion on the same subject.

Magdave
11-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Your poll is fundamentally flawed. ALL 2013 RTs have a heat problem. As defined by NHTSA all 2013 RTs were recalled for this as a defective design. Any respondents to your poll that indicated that their 2013 RT had no problems are incorrect responses.

Please drop this, it serves no purpose except to excite the non-2013 owners about yet one more discussion on the same subject.

:agree: