PDA

View Full Version : Dealer certified spyder technicians, REALLY ???

Piano Man
11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I have never seen at any Spyder dealer a certificate of training/course of completion
with the name of the technician(s), date of certification and what particular education
of specific model(s), electrical, mechanical, etc, endorsed with the Can-Am seal of
approval.

Seems to me a dealer would be proud to display this certificate at the service department
area where the customer would know the truth!

P.S.... Have the technician(s) name on their work clothing & their photo, if applicable,
at the site of their certificate display!

Wishing all of you safe journeys -

Piano Man

CyncySpyder
11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64719&d=1363621102 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2698&attachmentid=64718)

frenchek
11-04-2013, 10:44 AM
at our dealer--mosites motorsports, they have the techs and shop foremans certificates of expertise mounted on the wall in the shop fo remans office. I have to say our dealer is great, when the melting mc cap was going on , I was notified and repaired before I had even gotten the letter from brp. I am one of the "lucky ones", no heat issues.:firstplace:

Chupaca
11-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I got a drawer full of certicates from Honda, Polaris and Suzuki training and no shop I worked at ever asked to display them or listed their capabilities shy of we have certified mechanics. Guess it is not that common in the motorcycle industry at least out here...:thumbup:

mindman
11-04-2013, 11:07 AM
:welcome: to the community !

SporterSpider
11-04-2013, 12:29 PM
If I am not mistaken, Lexington Ky. Motorsports has them hanging up on the walls of the shop check in area, for everyone to see.

jerpinoy
11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
The best certificate is my spyder running all the time. Happy owners are also included. JMHO

ARtraveler
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
For me, its not the paperwork posted at the dealer or in the shop. It has to do with did you fix or service my :spyder2: right the first time.

Up here lately, it has been revolving doors with mechanics--but, the people that own the place do know what is going on with :ani29:'s.

spyderbirds
11-04-2013, 03:36 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your Spyder! Where are you from?

Papa
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
At Jim Potts Motor a Group in Woodstock IL, Gator's certificates are on display and actually have his real name on all of them. He's got quite a collection and a great reputation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

flamingobabe
11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Louis Powersports Greenville Texas have several hanging....I'll look this week when I go...maybe take pic

Highwayman2013
11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome

Piano Man
11-04-2013, 06:09 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your Spyder! Where are you from?

Thank you for your greeting & congrats!
Living in Jacksonville, Fla
Piano Man

SpyderAnn01
11-04-2013, 06:19 PM
My dealer has them hung on the wall above the service counter. Could be the difference between a smaller family owned business and a big corporate shop.

3 Wheel Addict
11-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I have been an Evinrude tech for 31 years and have a wall full of them from PartsPro to master tech. I can tell you that BRP requires a tech to be certified to operate the BUDS system and the tech has his tech id number or name on that BUDS report. With Evinrude warranty will not be paid if the servicing tech is not on that engine report. This is also a key factor in that Gold vs Platinum dealership thing, it's a requirement!

Bob Denman
11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
For me, its not the paperwork posted at the dealer or in the shop. It has to do with did you fix or service my :spyder2: right the first time.

Up here lately, it has been revolving doors with mechanics--but, the people that own the place do know what is going on with :ani29:'s.

:agree: I've never been a fan of "paper on the wall"...
It's what gets done with the wrenches that matters! :thumbup:

But next time I see Aaron up at Klinger's; I'll ask! :D

PaSpyderRyder
11-04-2013, 09:28 PM
at our dealer--mosites motorsports, they have the techs and shop foremans certificates of expertise mounted on the wall in the shop fo remans office. I have to say our dealer is great, when the melting mc cap was going on , I was notified and repaired before I had even gotten the letter from brp. I am one of the "lucky ones", no heat issues.:firstplace:

I got my outlanders for Mosites Motor Sports and they are good to deal with, Salesman Norm is the best.

billrob71
11-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Mine has it certifications posted couple places as your in the show room. Small dealer but great all around

Post on his home page site as well

J&J Powersports, your headquarters for Sea-Doo watercraft, and sport boats. We're now on the road with the new Can-Am Spyder Roadster, and we carry a complete line of on and off-road parts and accessories for Can- Am Roadsters and ATVs. We also offer a huge selection of watercraft parts and accessories for all major brands. As your Platinum Certified Authorized BRP dealer, J&J has you covered.

Bob Ledford
11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
The Service Department at Daytona Fun Machines in Holly Hill FL has them hanging up high in the Service Department Customer Waiting Area. They have their "platinum " certificate at the Service Desk