PDA

View Full Version : key won't turn to release seat

shreck
11-03-2013, 05:45 PM
A friend of mine's key will not turn to release seat but will turn the other way to release trunk any ideas would be appreciated.

Bob Denman
11-03-2013, 05:46 PM
The latching mechanism has something in it that is adding extra resistance... Try pushing down HARD on the seat while trying to turn the key...
Good Luck! :thumbup:

Deanna777
11-03-2013, 06:07 PM
A friend of mine's key will not turn to release seat but will turn the other way to release trunk any ideas would be appreciated.The cable might be jammed,or pinched. Try pushing down on the right side of the seat where the latch is, while pushing down on the key , and turning it to the left. If you get it open try adjusting the mechisum. Good luck Deanna777

NancysToy
11-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I agree with pushing down (or banging) on the right front part of the seat while turning the key. If the seat does release, lubricate the pin and latch, and the pin may need adjusting if there isn't something caught underneath and pushing up. The cable may need adjusting, too, but it is a gigantic pain.

willey
11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Ours got out of adjustment on our western trip.I just took the pin off and threw it in the trunk.I'am not planning on putting it back on.The seat can't come up with your butt on it.I can't see anyone stealing your gas so why do you need to lock the seat?In my opion,just one less thing to worry about.

ARtraveler
11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
The latching mechanism has something in it that is adding extra resistance... Try pushing down HARD on the seat while trying to turn the key...
Good Luck! :thumbup:

Quote: Scotty
"I agree with pushing down (or banging) on the right front part of the seat while turning the key. If the seat does release, lubricate the pin and latch, and the pin may need adjusting if there isn't something caught underneath and pushing up. The cable may need adjusting, too, but it is a gigantic pain. "

:agree:--they have you covered. :thumbup:

Chupaca
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
that would be my answer...frunk will do the same thing if out of adjustment or overfilled. Good luck..!! :gaah: