PDA

View Full Version : A New Spyer Owner/Ryder

Geosik
11-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I just read a post from a soon to be Spyder Owner who is giving up his 2 wheel Honda and it prompted me to relate my experience.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?60089-New-owner-to-be-question

I purchased a Yamaha Vstar 950T in May of 2012 after not riding a cycle for almost 50 years. I took the MSF motorcycle course and put 4,200 miles on it before putting it away last winter. I love to ride and "lean" on two wheels but unfortunately I could not get my wife to ride with me on two wheels. I have been married to Karin for 41 years and really wanted her to ride with me and learn to love the riding experience as much as I did.

This summer I started to work on her to ride a Trike, I had a friend take her for rides on a two in the back trike and also on a cycle with the Voyager conversion. About the middle of July we then went and test rode a Honda GL1800 Trike conversion, she was liking it.

On the way home from the Honda Trike ride we went past A CanAm dealer, in the next week I went for two short test drives and she went for two short test rides. I went to another dealer and they let us take a test drive/ride of an hour and a half the rest is history.... On September 18 we picked up our 2013:spyder2: RT Limited and have put on over 1400 miles riding together.... She is hooked and will be getting her MC permit and hopefully her license....:clap:

I kept the Vstar and still go out and lean but less frequently. The Spyder was in the shop for a week getting a new seat installed and a purge valve replaced. we really missed "Baby".

Hoping to get in a few more rides before our upstate New York winter sets in.

I still ride on two but I am not sure for how much longer as I am loving the Spyder more and more.

SpyderAnn01
11-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Welcome to both you and your wife. If your wife is on Facebook you should have her check out Girls on Spyders where she can talk to other women who both ride and are passengers on Spyders.

ARtraveler
11-03-2013, 04:53 PM
:welcome: I also posted on the thread you mentioned. I was lucky enough to own one of each (:spyder2: and motorcycle) for some time. I hung on to my last two wheeler until I did not feel it was safe for me to drive it. As mentioned earlier, no remorse here. I love my :spyder2:, and still can ryde at high 60's in age. That is one of my daily pleasures during rydeing season.

OldCowboy
11-03-2013, 06:06 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:. My wife wouldn't ryde with me on two wheels, but loves the :spyder2:.

Bob Denman
11-03-2013, 06:10 PM
It sure seems to me that you've already been bitten... :shocked:
:congrats:

Chupaca
11-03-2013, 08:48 PM
congrats to you both you will see what it's all about the more you ryde...be safe..!! :ohyea:

Rid'nrandy
11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
My wife is the Spyder Ryder in our family. She traded her Honda VTX 1300 for a 2013 RT-S and loves it! We normally do our long distance traveling on our 2008 Goldwing with trailer, but on the weekend traveling and daily work commute she rides her Spyder and I ride my Indian Chieftain.
After reading about the new 2014 Spyders, we've decided to sell the GW and trade her Spyder in on a 2014 RT-LTD with trailer. That way we can take turns with the driving.
We're planning two long trips and Spyderfest so far for next year (Florida in March) and (California, ride the coast to Canada and then ride Western Canada back to Winnipeg before heading South back to Iowa in July).:yes:

CyncySpyder
11-04-2013, 05:23 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64719&d=1363621102 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2698&attachmentid=64718)

GloryRyders
11-04-2013, 06:42 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...............lert the "farkles" begin!:yes:

Dan McNally
11-04-2013, 11:32 AM
:welcome: . . . you are going to love ryding your :spyder2: more with every mile!

bmwlarry
11-04-2013, 11:54 AM
My story is about the same. I had been riding a K1200LT and loved the bike. I have made several coast to coast trips loving every minute except the many occasions that I dropped it! My wife called it "wrecking" and would never ride with me. Then came the spyder and now my wife of 36 years is always on the back seat. This IS my reason for buying one, not the fact that I dropped the other. I kept my two wheeler for several months before I decided to let it go. I do, however, miss the two wheeler and hope to again add another to my stable but for now - it is spyder all the time!

jerpinoy
11-04-2013, 12:09 PM
:welcome: My :spyder2:keep my wife riding with me too. Ride safe and have fun.:yes::yes::yes::yes:

spyderbirds
11-04-2013, 03:43 PM
My wife is the Spyder Ryder in our family. She traded her Honda VTX 1300 for a 2013 RT-S and loves it! We normally do our long distance traveling on our 2008 Goldwing with trailer, but on the weekend traveling and daily work commute she rides her Spyder and I ride my Indian Chieftain.
After reading about the new 2014 Spyders, we've decided to sell the GW and trade her Spyder in on a 2014 RT-LTD with trailer. That way we can take turns with the driving.
We're planning two long trips and Spyderfest so far for next year (Florida in March) and (California, ride the coast to Canada and then ride Western Canada back to Winnipeg before heading South back to Iowa in July).:yes:

:welcome: and :congrats: on your Spyder!

Ryde Straight and True with...

bullant12
11-04-2013, 03:58 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Deanna777
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM
:welcome:and :congrats:on your new :spyder2:. Deanna777:ohyea: